Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: Remapped 165BHP [35K Kms Crossed]

Thread Starter #271
and the Vcross rear speakers got upgraded to Focals too yesterday - the difference is amazing!
The stock rear speakers in vcross is really poor - thanks to Vishwanath for the tip offs here.
The same existed ring was used to mount the new focal speakers.

I didnt upgrade the front as they sound reasonable to my amateur ears. Ill strongly recommend this very basic change to vcross owners.

IMG_20181205_175944.jpg
IMG_20181205_175939.jpg
IMG-20181121-WA0055.jpeg

Last edited:
hi
Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: Remapped 165BHP [20K Kms Crossed]

^^ Khaled bhai, can you check if the pedal connectors are matching chose from my post - which year MUX is this ? If they match you can buy the same piggyback kit from my post earlier in this thread.
hi friend. sorry for this late reply. yes I have same connectors. can you please share with me from where you bought your kit? thanks a lot

^^ Hi Khaled, Please contact Brian from this store on Aliexpress and give him my reference

US $55.0 |Aliexpress.com : Buy Original Steering Wheel Switches Audio Control Cruise Contro for D Max from Reliable wheel steering suppliers on Xtronics

You need to buy above switches(or ones that fit MUX) and also the cruise master control unit from them.
thanks. I contacted them but they didn't reply. if you find any other store. please contact me. have a good day friend.

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Review: Remapped 165bhp - [8K Kms Crossed]

@ smooth rider , we need more pics please.

Hey Wecross thanks and firstly a very warm welcome to the forum - are you part of vcross whatsapp groups ?
Nice name suits it like a T ha ha! stop me next time man!

I will post full details of the installs recently, please give me a couple of days.
Hamer dealer is Pavan bhai(Jeep tyres India), let me now if you are keen i will hook you up.
Hamer bumper is 65k, sliders are 16k - great build quality. Yes avoid the fakes, that why i spend a lot of time checking build quality, about 6mm mounts and 3 mm frame - tough as a bull dog! I have put in a 12500lbs winch too - details will come shortly.

Yes remap is Pete's and the one that I have can do inclines with no clutch/ accelerator, I have tested already on 20-24 degree inclines
Hi Sir I have just joined this forum and have watching this topic for many days
And I wanted to know if pete’s be done at Mohali or Chandigarh, I am interested for my vcross

Last edited:
Thread Starter #277
SInglark, welcome to TAI firstly - look forward to hear more about what you have done on your vcross, please share pictures as well.
Please PM me or email me amit@theautomotiveindia - ill help you with Pete's.

SInglark, welcome to TAI firstly - look forward to hear more about what you have done on your vcross, please share pictures as well.
Okay thanks Iron Rock

Iron Rock Though I have been driving since Maruti 800 then H city but I’m knew to the vehicle mechanics n 4*4 experience
I own just stock Vehicle except Michelin AT 245-70-16 n blaupunkt stock music system with camera n carryboy lid

bhvm

Honoured Member
For how much you brought these focal ones? And did they fit without drilling/Rings?
Was pondering if I should install these in my XUV, which has the same crappy speakers as in those images above.

Thread Starter #280
Iron Rock Though I have been driving since Maruti 800 then H city but I’m knew to the vehicle mechanics n 4*4 experience
I own just stock Vehicle except Michelin AT 245-70-16 n blaupunkt stock music system with camera n carryboy lid
Thats a good beginning - that how i started and then ending up doing a lot - never ending stuff when it comes to modifying trucks!

For how much you brought these focal ones? And did they fit without drilling/Rings?
Was pondering if I should install these in my XUV, which has the same crappy speakers as in those images above.
It will make a heaven and earth difference, at least to my non audiophile ears it made a huge difference. I replaced in Vcross rear(vcross front ones are very decent) and same one in all 4 speakers in the pajero sport - costs some 2.3k on Amazon for a pair.
Easy DIY if the size matches - in my case just reused same rings - check size in XUV. Its a cheap solution to be honest.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thats what I am thinking. 5k per car is not bad at all.
I wonder if our beloved @mayankdixit can compose or already have a guide to open XUV door pads without breaking any clips.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Also the Maxxis Bravos finally met their match - first puncture after 26k kms and this has been the biggest I have ever had. I patched up the tyre and thankfully the tpms immediately alerted me, otherwise pretty sure a bolt of this size would have completely killed the tyre. This was an absolute monster of a bolt.
Looks like I'm in the game too.
Will post full update in respective thread shortly.

BTW what have you used to patch it?
P_20190226_183459.jpg
P_20190226_183512.jpg
P_20190226_183618.jpg
P_20190226_183643.jpg

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Thats a huge bolt!!Almost 5 inches in size!!
I wonder if our beloved @mayankdixit can compose or already have a guide to open XUV door pads without breaking any clips.
I have not been there yet.But I know how to do it because I saw it being done at the ASS ,when they dismantled it to change the whole window winder mechanism on the driver side.I have posted some pics in my thread already some pages back.In my erstwhile swift and ritz I did it more than a couple of times to change faulty latch,but I have not needed it so far in XUV.

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Review: Remapped 165bhp - [8K Kms Crossed]

Look closely in the below pics, you will find a clue ( i will post the details shortly), btw not going for 6 inch lift, it becomes unusable and just for show then.

Actually my bad sirji, the pics i took after removing 2 of the bumper side components see below pictures - i need to paint the nuts matt black or leave it as is.

looks super stylish and aggressive to the core ! well done ..

Thread Starter #285
Thats what I am thinking. 5k per car is not bad at all.
Yes be careful with those clips, very easy to break, pry using a screw driver softly

Will post full update in respective thread shortly.
BTW what have you used to patch it?
Since this was a big one , i went to a proper michelin store and had a big patch installed - they worked on it for over a hr - rubbing cleaning and eventually patching

looks super stylish and aggressive to the core ! well done ..
Thank you sir - i havent done much in the last 6 months and i am itching again!

Top Bottom