Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: Remapped 165BHP [35K Kms Crossed]

Thread Starter #226
Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: Remapped 165BHP [16K Kms Crossed]

Hello Friends, finally have booked this humble ride... awaiting for its arrival in coming week. Kindly help in choosing and buying the cover for its rear deck. The JMD Pune showroom options are very expensive hence looking for alternate options, also looking for Tyre upgrade , request suggestions on it as well. Need suggestions in Pune.
Hello highwayman Congrats!
I suggest you swap the tyre day 1 if you intend to do so - i did same ! go for 265 or 275(if you want to be max aggressive) - regarding covers and tyres as you are in pune, please pm me or call me- more than happy to help as there are several options!

Wish you a smooth delivery experience and many many safe miles!

Hello highwayman Congrats!
I suggest you swap the tyre day 1 if you intend to do so - i did same ! go for 265 or 275(if you want to be max aggressive) - regarding covers and tyres as you are in pune, please pm me or call me- more than happy to help as there are several options!

Wish you a smooth delivery experience and many many safe miles!
Thanks a lot Iron Rock for your help, will surely get in touch with you, cannot PM to you as per the forum protocol for new joinees I guess, however will try to get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Some more minor updates, finally sorted the wiring for the fog lights on the Hamer bumper and plonked in a DRL procured from aliexpress(10$), immensely bright, hope it lasts! The Hamer DRLs i have disconnected as it isnt as bright as the one I have installed.
Notice closely there is a "H" in the fog light in amber - have connected this to the side indicator now. So there are 4 lights which indicate i will be turning or changing lanes - i think i am now officially eligible to be a rapper :biggrin:

View attachment 242220

And here is what the Isuzu has for company sometimes, the mighty Hexa(in my books the best Tata effort yet!) will finally feel humbled on the size front, this doesnt happen too often.

View attachment 242221

View attachment 242222

View attachment 242223

View attachment 242224

View attachment 242225

your wicked looking beast got more wicked[clap].Have you thought of getting fender flares for your drive yet?

Thread Starter #229

Thanks a lot Iron Rock for your help, will surely get in touch with you, cannot PM to you as per the forum protocol for new joinees I guess, however will try to get in touch with you as soon as possible.
Yes hence emailed you my coordinates, any help please feel free to contact! - Cheers!

your wicked looking beast got more wicked[clap].Have you thought of getting fender flares for your drive yet?
Thank you sir, fender flares somehow i didnt like - didnt find anything which gelled as OEM, the only ones i likes are the AT 35 ones but now that i have a hamer bumper thats out of question too..

Thread Starter #230
Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: Remapped 165BHP [17K Kms Crossed]

Not much to update crossed the 17k mark, FE always hovers around 12-12.5 kmpl overall(tankful method) despite all mods - which is very acceptable.
Not had the time yet to paint the rear cover.

Some pictures :-

IMG_20180506_180645.jpg

IMG_20180506_180733.jpg

IMG_20180506_180826.jpg

Last edited:

Please can you give details on your winch and how it is operated .Have you ever had an opportunity to use it ? Just curious to know about its mechanicals and working as it's uncommon sight in Indian conditions [;)]

Thread Starter #232

Hello Sir, Please check this post on the installation details

For most people the below is the real use of winch (on a lighter note), beware the below one will not even pull a pant zipper :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rWN9CECdXc

My usages are more farm linked than off road competitions, so far pulled out stuck tractors, pulled logs, drainage pipes , trees felling etc. If you notice the driver side of bumper , there is a black tmax unit to which a remote is connected i.e wired, using the remote you can operate the winch either outwards or inwards. It can pull stuff based on the rated capacity - simple!

Since i am a solo offroader, i could also rescue myself using a tree or land anchor - not happened yet though, i just practised this once to learn the art!

More on tmax winches here

Last edited:

Thanks for the info..I watch a lot of 4 wheel and over landing videos on YouTube where they use these powerful winches in so many different forms and techinques.Awesome piece of equipment to get you out when in trouble.! Lol it would weigh as much as my M800 [lol]

Thread Starter #235
Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: Remapped 165BHP [19K Kms Crossed]

I was looking for some to install TPMS system on the Vcross - my previous tpms from aliexpress on the PS has worked really well - but then i came across this tpms which has an HUD integrated within. So took the leap and got one installed, simply plugs to the OBD port. It can be used to display both on an attached screen or screen can be pasted on the windscreen - I have currenty temporarily kept it in the dash centre console of Vcross. You can also use your phone and project maps to the screen if the maps allow HUD mode. The HUD display has some modes which shows, gear shift indicator, battery voltage, trip meter, engine load, throttle percent, coolant temperatures etc.

So far it works well, still checking all readings for accuracy, TPMS readings are very accurate and compare well to my gauge :-

HUD1.jpg

HUD2.jpg

IMG_20180418_155732.jpg

IMG_20180606_195258.jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #237

Hi Atul its in to do list, i just haven't got to it yet, i need something that can be easily swapped between vehicles and also if its portable and has some kind of battery inbuilt that would be ideal. Especially ones which create their own Wifi network for easy access from phone.

Suggestions welcome.

Hi Atul its in to do list, i just haven't got to it yet, i need something that can be easily swapped between vehicles and also if its portable and has some kind of battery inbuilt that would be ideal. Especially ones which create their own Wifi network for easy access from phone.

Suggestions welcome.
I know folks using these two models and are satisfied with them:
- Xiaomi Yi Dashcam
- Ddpai Mini 2

This one I own but no wifi and battery:
- Viofo A119S or A119 Pro

Thread Starter #239

Thanks Prabhagar , will check those out - i heard the viofo one is very popular these days.
Xiaomi looks much compact though.

Top Bottom