Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: Remapped 165BHP [35K Kms Crossed]

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: The Japanese Samurai Arrives

Many Thanks Sirji, where is the Hexa, i am eagerly looking forward to it, lets catch up whenever you are free!
Hexa is going to body shop , met with small accident.
How about Pune TAI G2G ? Yes we can meet for sure , will call you.
Sorry for OT [:)]

Thread Starter #32

:eek: eeks, hope its not bad and something really minor, which Hexa did you go for finally ?

yes lets meet up -- cheers!

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: Japanese Samurai

The second add on done was a blaupunkt san diego 540 kit that went in along with a reverse camera and sensors - for a vehicle this size reverse camera/sensors is a must - however putting in sensors can be a pain in this as the bumper is solid iron and drilling wont come that easy compared the fibre drilling which most accessories guys are used to. I also wanted to put in a system that works with the default steering controls providing and this was a good match. So in went the double DIN system with latest mapmyindia maps and also the reverse camera/sensor with a beeper unit.

Hi Iron,

1. Can you share the price of the 530 San Diego system and also any issues with integrating it with the steering control.

2. What is the brand name of the reverse camera and price

Thread Starter #34
Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: Japanese Samurai

Hi Iron,

1. Can you share the price of the 530 San Diego system and also any issues with integrating it with the steering control.

2. What is the brand name of the reverse camera and price
Hi Rajan The system official price is some 32k comes discounted in the range of 25-26k including maps. Yes connectivity to steering controls was my worry too and hence i picked poona motors in pune - they had already experimented with the isuzu before and knew a coupler is needed, the technician did have to to do some trial and error as he forgot the wire colors and coupler matching - let me see if i can get hold of the wiring diagram.
So yes my audio and phone controls works.

Regarding point 2 it was again some chinese stuff with integrated sensor, camera and also shows distance on either side, best part is it integrates with the blaupunkt making it all in one. Costed around 4k with a buzzer.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35

Hi Rajan further here is the diagram , i am not 100% sure of this, but this is what i could find, so use with caution - dont ask me for my source [;)]

All of the stuff needs to be done behind the centre console itself - no need to open the steering side at all.

isuzu audio.jpg

Thread Starter #36

Ready for take off - there comes the full box from carryboy - got it from the one of the best - Azad 4x4 - Inu Sahab(much much recommended)! Great place to lookout for Isuzu and generally SUV accessories and build! They are based up north in Delhi but ship anywhere.

IMG_20170410_173344.jpg

IMG_20170410_173400-001.jpg

Last edited:

Ready for take off - there comes the full box from carryboy - got it from the one of the best - Azad 4x4 - Inu Sahab! Great place to lookout for Isuzu and generally SUV accessories and build! They are based up north in Delhi but ship anywhere.

Looks Great to me.
What about the pricing Sirji?
Was it a DIY (fitting) ?

Last edited:

The box totally changes the look of the Samurai. I am kind of jealous now to see the sea of accessories available for the V-cross while there is literally none for the Pajero Sport (your other Samurai). Looking forward to your review on the box especially after once you do some off-roading.

bhvm

Honoured Member

any issue with this vehicle on tolls/ police check posts?
they're actually seen commercial pick ups, aren't they?

any issue with this vehicle on tolls/ police check posts?
they're actually seen commercial pick ups, aren't they?
Let me reply this one, when I was testing the V-Cross, election time was nearing in UP and Uttarakhand and we were stopped by cops 3 times at different locations.

Every time they were very clear in their thoughts that this is the fun toy of some rich boy. Seriously, their tone of speech and their way of looking at things in and out was clearly showing that they were confused and surprised altogether. :biggrin:

Once the SI himself came to take a glimpse in and out, once he simply waved the constable to let us go. Once a constable came to stop us and waved us to go even before we stopped and once we had to get our baggage checked (like during election days) since our car had AP registration and had 4 weird looking guys inside.

Tollbooth attendants act even more funny. They look at you and your truck and think, it can't be commercial. Then they look at the cargo box and then they ask "bhaiya commercial toh nahi hai na (brother it's not commercial na)". You give him an angry look without saying anything and he silently cuts your receipt in private car / jeep category. :biggrin:

Thread Starter #41

Looks Great to me.
What about the pricing Sirji?
Was it a DIY (fitting) ?
I was crushed between using a roller lid and this, this one looks great and reduce the long overhang look and makes it look sleek and nearly a plane on the road, whereas roller lid can be kept open and has more flexibility - since i already have a commercial Bolero i decided ill go ahead with the full box.

The official dealer price for these is around 1.5 lakhs (with most dealers i saw) - i bought it from Azad 4x4 as i only wanted the original carryboy imported from Thailand (beware many cheaper imitations around ). The price i got was discounted, i wouldn't mention on the forum.

Installation can be done DIY but require drilling skills and ability to lie down and do the work - i would recommend doing it at a dealer or if you are Delhi at Azad itself. It will need 2-3 people to lift it and place it and align it etc.

The box totally changes the look of the Samurai. I am kind of jealous now to see the sea of accessories available for the V-cross while there is literally none for the Pajero Sport (your other Samurai). Looking forward to your review on the box especially after once you do some off-roading.
Very true, so far the box fits snug no noise whatsoever - has door beading's like rubber underneath - so shouldn't rattle early is my view + the Isuzu is well insulated too. Yes i wish too PS had the same level of after market stuff, but the lackadaisical attitude of HM doesnt help. But if you want Overland 4x4 accessories then those are available with Azad now - you should visit them once Sir, its close to you.

Tollbooth attendants act even more funny. They look at you and your truck and think, it can't be commercial. Then they look at the cargo box and then they ask "bhaiya commercial toh nahi hai na (brother it's not commercial na)". You give him an angry look without saying anything and he silently cuts your receipt in private car / jeep category. :biggrin:
I drove on temp registration for a while :suspect: and got lot of questions, toll booth guys are most confused should they charge commercial toll or private - when i was travelling with family i told them several times they are my goods but i aint paying their commercial toll - you can confiscate them if you want (all in mirth offcourse) [lol]!

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member

So when you weren't with Family, you paid Commercial Toll?

Ready for take off - there comes the full box from carryboy - got it from the one of the best - Azad 4x4 - Inu Sahab(much much recommended)! Great place to lookout for Isuzu and generally SUV accessories and build! They are based up north in Delhi but ship anywhere.

How safe are these boxes? Is it safe to park with luggages inside?

Can you share the listed price?

Congratulations IR on your new acquisition.
Wishing you miles of safe and happy motoring.[:)]

Top Bottom