Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: Remapped 165BHP [35K Kms Crossed]

Re: Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Ownership Review: The Japanese Samurai Arrives

Ready for take off - there comes the full box from carryboy - got it from the one of the best - Azad 4x4 - Inu Sahab(much much recommended)! Great place to lookout for Isuzu and generally SUV accessories and build! They are based up north in Delhi but ship anywhere.

Noticed you monster in Bombay Sappers area on Friday. You were just ahead of my car. I must say the road presence of your cross with rear fitment is league ahead from stock V-Cross. Nice choice.

Thread Starter #47

How safe are these boxes? Is it safe to park with luggages inside?

Can you share the listed price?
Listed price with dealers is usually 1.5 lakhs, and then they discount downward from there depending on overall deal.

I would say its fairly safe, if it was soft fabric tonneau that would be easier to cut with just a knife, but this being fibre will require more effort. At the end even glasses can be easily broken in cars, so if one is determined nothing is impossible.

Congratulations IR on your new acquisition.
Wishing you miles of safe and happy motoring.[:)]
Thanks a lot sirji! How are you these days, long time!

Noticed you monster in Bombay Sappers area on Friday. You were just ahead of my car. I must say the road presence of your cross with rear fitment is league ahead from stock V-Cross. Nice choice.
thank you sirji, you should have waved and stopped me, next time [:D]

Thread Starter #49

Not much updates - been busy last few weeks , the isuzu is close to touching 3k (actual) kms.

The kitna deti hai question, here are my tankful to tankful last few readings :- 11.98, 12.94,12.22, 12.53, 12.02 kmpl - need to get the running period done post which i believe this should improve with my driving style.

Some 3M carbon fibre wrapping job has been partially completed, i will post images when i am done [;)]

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Some 3M carbon fibre wrapping job has been partially completed, i will post images when i am done
Amit, please ensure that the finishing of the Carbon Fiber wrap is done to perfection. Carbon Fiber is a thicker wrap than a matte or gloss black wrap. 3M Carbon Fiber wrap is prone to peeling off and getting fade away in sunlight. I had used the carbon fiber wrap in my CITY I-vtec's spoiler from 3M and it got peeled from the edges in a week. Also, upon applying the same on the bonnet, due to direct sunlight, the carbon fiber wrap faded away. Attaching the pics of the peeling off of the wrap and the same had to be re-done.
photo1210.jpg

photo1224.jpg

photo1225.jpg

photo1228.jpg

Amit, now that you have already gone in for the carbon fiber wrap and the work is on advanced stage, my suggestion and request to you would be to keep a keen eye on the finishing of it and tell the workers there to apply the sealer which they do for sealing the edges of the wrap. With that at-least the peeling can be delayed if not permanently avoided buddy. Sometime back when I got the car's boot wrapped in gloss black from 3M, the technician there had applied the sealant on the edges.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #51

^^ Yes generally for wraps peels and bubbling are standard issues, i have never done this before.
I am not a fan of this as well - but every evil has to be tried once in life [evil] and experienced.

So i see this as my little chance on experimenting!

Congrats Amitji, that's one big beast you have got there. Update more photos and off road adventures for us to savor. Happy to see roller sheet on the beast. You might be catching lot of attention I believe. Owning Private pick ups is a trend yet to start in India. You are already ahead of line. [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #53

thanks MoRa Sahab, right now getting the beast running in done smoothly, so curbing all stunts, though its used offroad every week for minor stints. Yes the truck culture hopefully picks up in India too - its phenomenal in the US and Aussieland especially.

i see you are an owner of the SFX, please share more details.

Thread Starter #55

Very Very tempting Sirji, this is Chadha Sahab's Isuzu (Azad 4x4) - i bought the full box from him.
This one has a lot of Overland 4x4 accessories and also 6 inch lift kit from Sun 4x4 - if i remember right.

I am open to the rest of items, but wont be swayed towards the 6 inch lift kit as it will be make road driving very restrictive. This is probably the most famous isuzu in India!

Last edited:
Thread Starter #56

A good news for owners and prospective owners : Isuzu has changed the service interval from 6 months/ 5k kms to 10k kms interval overall - no restriction on time, but i recommend owners to do once an year! [cheers]

Thread Starter #57

Usually modifying a vehicle just for the sake of looks is not my cup of tea - but I made an exception this time for the VCross - did some carbon fibre wrapping as this was all white vehicle - hopefully not too garish - fellow mod Vijay sahab reminders still haunt me, very thin line when it comes to doing this stuff :tongue:

Anyways every evil has to be tasted once , so this carbon fibre wrap (1080 series 3M) has been done :-

IMG_20170518_104735.jpg

IMG_20170518_104824.jpg

IMG_20170518_104804.jpg

IMG_20170519_105024.jpg

IMG_20170519_105007.jpg

IMG_20170518_203311.jpg

Looks absolutely menacing when its in your IRVM

IMG_20170521_160640.jpg

Last edited:

As some of you know, I was in a dilemma to sell the XUV after 5+ years of trouble free ownership - the dilemma was whether to sell it now or never at all as subsequently the resale wouldn't be that great.
Really nice to hear about your XUV. Congrats for this new car.

Anyways long story short, the XUV got sold a few weeks back,
Can you please put your XUV making year and your selling price?

Thread Starter #59

The wrap looks good. Good you stayed on this side of the line still. :P I hear there is a flat spot of the sports somewhere in middle of the rev range. Have you felt it? People have remapped their cars to cure that. Are you planning the same?

Top Bottom