Is Your Vehicle E20 Fuel Compliant?

@mayankdixit

Yes sir, you are right. Premium petrol or XP95 has higher ethanol content then regular petrol. Yesterday I have completed the test to find out which petrol has high ethanol content and made a video of it. It was late night so couldn't post here. So as my per test results, HP Regular has ~5ml of ethanol whereas IndianOil XP95 has ~10 of ethanol. Looks like they have used more ethanol to increase the octane number and we should only use premium petrol if our vehicle asks for RON95 and/or E15/E20. Older cars are better off with regular or whichever fuel is cheaper.

Video:

Pictures:
HP_Regular_Petrol.jpg
IndianOil_XP95_Petrol.jpg

Thread Starter #32

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Older cars are better off with regular or whichever fuel is cheaper.
Thank you very much for your sincere efforts. Your experiment proved beyond doubt what I was believing all along.
So they were already feeding us E13- E15 all the while, from God knows when. No wonder my older vehicles are stuttering and struggling for past few years.
I am really scared when I see the inevitable impending slow death of my older vehicles. Is it not wastage of perfectly normal car? Doesn't seem environment friendly when you look from this perspective. Millions of cars turned into junk just like that.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your sincere efforts. Your experiment proved beyond doubt what I was believing all along.
Glad it was helpful. I had to do it because there was no clear information from suppliers and we have to do it regularly hereafter to keep tab on Ethanol percentage.

So they were already feeding us E13- E15 all the while, from God knows when.
Yet they didn't give us price benefit, instead it is rising rapidly.

No wonder my older vehicles are stuttering and struggling for past few years. I am really scared when I see the inevitable impending slow death of my older vehicles. Is it not wastage of perfectly normal car? Doesn't seem environment friendly when you look from this perspective. Millions of cars turned into junk just like that.
Products we buy should degrade quickly and we have to buy new one sooner then later. That's what these companies and top businessman want but they don't care about junk or environment and its pity that G O I has taken their side instead of researching all the aspects.

Few days ago I saw huge smoke, probably a kilometer away from my house and later came to know that NWKRTC's junkyard caught fire. There is large water tank near my house and I saw fire brigade truck going back & forth for two days. Air was polluted with burnt plastic and rubber smell. Yesterday another fire broke out near airport and it was caused by someone who had light up dry leaves in empty area. Again fire brigade trucks all day and polluted air. Today corporation sweepers put fire on dry leaves next to my house (They do it every time) and huge smoke covered all round. I had to shout at them and poured buckets of water on the fire. Me and my family member are inhaling burnt smoke for a week now and it is unbearable but Delhi people are suffering throughout the year. :frown:

Last edited:

Top Bottom