Is this a Short Circuit?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Fellows,

Recently I have noticed a strange thing in my ride; whenever i press the horn, the cabin light and central locking LED lights up (although very dim). I never noticed it earlier probably since i mostly drive during day time but in my recent trip (night trip), i noticed this thing.

I think it might be a loose connection but i have already checked most of the connections myself (the engineer in my head always bugs me for these sort of things[evil]).

Can anybody suggest what might be wrong here and anyone who might have faced similar issue.

It's certainly some wire touching another wire somewhere. Get it checked pronto. No offense meant but I hope this is not a Tata/Fiat car.

Thread Starter #3
No Sam,

Its a Maruti Alto. not sure from where to get this checked as the MASS people are not bothered to check stuff which are DIY and not done by them (i am doubting my Central Locking system to be the culprit, as when i remove its earth wire, it beeps in a very low tone as if its running on low battery).

Suggestions are welcome.

You are correct. If you have got the CL job done outside, then MASS would not touch your car on this issue. better take your car to the same person who installed the CL on your car and ask him to check up the wiring. The wiring is DEFINITELY fouling with the other electrical wires.

350Z

Core Team
Yes. The major possibility is that a wire is intermittently touching another while pressing the horn. Get it checked back to the actual installer since suspected reason is the Central Locking.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Check the ground on the horn itself under the hood or at the horn relay. It sounds like what is happening is when you press the horn button, somewhere in the horn circuit there is a bad ground and the current is finding a path through your light circuit. Could be a loose ground wire or a dirty connection.

Good luck!

if the cars horn dosen't sounds properly by pressing the button. there might be a problem with the horn winding n the diming of lights is only becoz of it. replace the horn u will be ok.
and if your horn sounds properly..then u got need to checked the CL by the expert.

Top Bottom