Is the Current E-Class Ugliest Ever Made?

What do you think of the current E-class?

• Total voters
Re: Is the current E-class the ugliest yet?

Great topic. And yes, the present looking E is the worst of the lot. It lost the class factor in it. It is looking more like a Sonata or Accord rather than a cultured S class, which it should have resembled owing to the fact that it is priced between the C and S.

many people think that this generation E class may be ugliest but I think it is Merc's design team at its best. It just looks so cool. Old one looked so bland compared to Beemer 5. This just looked better than the 5 until this new one came. Still, The E looks the part and also drives the part.

I find the current gen E Class a bit dull but definitely not ugly. It may not be strikingly attractive but still it does manage to get loads of attention all because of its looks.

many people think that this generation E class may be ugliest but I think it is Merc's design team at its best. It just looks so cool. Old one looked so bland compared to Beemer 5. This just looked better than the 5 until this new one came. Still, The E looks the part and also drives the part.
I find the current gen E Class a bit dull but definitely not ugly. It may not be strikingly attractive but still it does manage to get loads of attention all because of its looks.
ilango[speed thirst];70347 said:
the w124 aka tank looks cool.

current E have muscular lines dipping at rear . may be that is the reason some do not like them .

hmm i like them!!
The problem with the current generation E is that a lot of people go by here-say without actually viewing the car in person. The current E may not be the best looking of all time, but it is captivating in its own right. While silver used to be the colour of choice before, the current one looks its best in black or white.

Cheers :)

350Z

Core Team
From no angle the E-Class appears to be ugly in my view. Be it the first generation model or the current W212. Initially, when the current model made it’s grand debut in the market, I was a little disappointed with the design (Especially rear) perhaps because I was used to seeing the legacy of rounded Mercedes headlamps, which itself define the status of a three pointed star. But now after watching the latest competition (Read Audis and Volvos), I feel it was a somewhat correct move, otherwise the E could not have stand a chance against them. My personal pick are (and would always be) the W114, W124. W210, W211 and obviously the W212.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9

AMG

Suspended
I feel the current E-class is the WORST looking.

It has lost all the character.

I wont call it ugly but yeah a bit dull compared to its competitors , anyways that three point star is good enough to grab attention even in the rural places!

Thread Starter #12

AMG

Suspended
The problem with the current generation E is that a lot of people go by here-say without actually viewing the car in person.
Cheers :)

Are you trying to say that I have never seen a Merc E class?

One can call me biased, but I love Merc designs.
The current E class looks very nice in white color.

Not by any means. The worst looking E class was the first generation W210 twin-oval-eyed-misbegotten-progeny-born-out-of-a-one-night-stand-between-an-owl-and-an-otter. Understandably, the original 210 is also the worst car (horrendous electrical gremlins made sure that this was teh first unreliable Mercs) in the E-class lineup ever till date.

To me, the best looking car in the E-class lineup would be a close fight between the Pontoon and the W124. Though there is more than a generation of difference in the design of both these models, both still hold their own charm even today. The W124 is what a car should look like - clean, dignified, solid and perfectly proportioned - one would simply not find any out of place design element on a W124 (have a look at the AMG tuned W124s) . The Pontoon is sweet and cuddly and the W124 is tough and stoic. Beautiful cars, both of them.

Top Bottom