Is Tata Hexa Good Buy in Used Car Market?

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
After using my Honda city i-vtec 2009(CNG converted model) for 8+ years, Now I have decided to buy a used 7 seater, as 7 seater is my current requirement.
I had 3 cars in my mind initially, 1. Toyota Innova 2.Toyota Fortuner 1st gen & 3.Tata Hexa.
My budget is around 10 lakhs. I dropped Fortuner as buying 10-year-old car does not make any sense to me. I don't like Last gen Innova's Exterior, Crysta on other hand looks awesome but it's out of my budget.
Now coming to the point, Recently saw many videos where people are praising Hexa for its build quality, Rear wheel drive, and Value for money.
I like the looks of Hexa, and as per many reviews, it's one of the Comfortable 7 seaters.
Now I am looking for Hexa XTA in the used market and they go around 11Lakh for a 50k+ ODO running.
So please guide me, if I should even consider discontinued Tata car? How long does Tata Hexa's engine will last, as for Toyota they last for lakhs of kms but Don't know about Hexa, many people asked me to avoid Tata Hexa which is over 75k ODO running+.
I am planning to buy and keep the Hexa for at least 5 - 7 years.
Any suggestions/advice are welcome.

I can confidently say Hexa is better than Innova in terms of comfort. Driving pleasure is also great, although the Innova Crysta's 2.4/2.8 Diesel engines are more refined.
@mayankdixit sir, what is your opinion on the TATA service?
The only thought I have for this query is, that it will depend on whether you will get a good ASS .

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
@mayankdixit sir, what is your opinion on the TATA service?
The only thought I have for this query is, that it will depend on whether you will get a good ASS .
In my area service is good. Atleast they are helpful and try to sort out the problem. Meaning to say that their intentions are good (even if know how might not be upto the mark).
I have been (so far) happy with Tata.

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata seems improved a lot in the area of service. When I purchased My Tigor, I had to drive around 40 kms (one way) to get the service done. And the service centre also good and very cooperative. Now, they have opened a service centre near my place (just 3 kms away) which is more convenient for those who have Tata Cars in/around my area.

Only a few service centres are behaving badly, which putting the whole Tata ASS in bad eyes.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Sorry, I really missed the thread topic and gave comments only on Tata ASS.

Last year, one of my friends bought the Hexa XTA and was fully satisfied, especially on long drives, which he do regularly. Previously, he had a Tata Safari and according to him, he liked Hexa much than the Safari.

My cousin who recently bought a Nexon checked about Hexa along with Nexon and Tigor but someone told him negative points about Hexa but then understood that the guy bought the Hexa straight away from Alto without realizing that Hexa and Alto were different category vehicles and upgrading suddenly to an SUV got him to make negative comments.!

I am a huge fan of Tata's rise from Indian manufacturer raising to global standards. But what TATA really needs to focus on is, to develop a strong, assured ASS. Workers need to be given constant training, as models and features get updated. I have seen only very few mass market brands do this:
1. Maruti does training although, service center often send only the experienced hands for training while the cars get attended by Trainees (Again spoiling reputation!)
2. Hyundai also same tale
3.Ford, VW, Skoda have a good training sessions. But usually most places have one dealership, one ASS, so they monopoly.
4. Toyota, always known for the service quality. Quality assured.

Innova is any day better in terms of engine reliability and service center experience. I woulld any day stay away from discontinued cars unless parts are being shared heavily.

Top Bottom