Is My CBR 150R Damaged or Not?

Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone. IDK if this problem is faced by anyone before, but i want to explicitly state it and get a running solution for my bike.

It all started when I first brought my bike "CBR 150R" from an authorized Honda Dealer.First ride was smooth, top notch, and quality good to expect from a 150cc honda engine.

After two days, started the chain problem- the bike would go smooth upto 60kmph and when I use clutch and brake to decelerate the bike, the chain slack would cause a 'different' noise. I dont know how describe that sound. Sorry!
The problem was rectified after 1st service. Now comes the main issue.

After a few hundred kms on my bike, the engine started to feel different. The bike started to vibrate after going over a RPM range over 6K.
Imagine this scenario: Your'e going at 5k RPM. The bike is vibrating. You shift gears for a smoother ride. After 6th gear when we want to go even faster,engine climbs at over 7k rpm and vibration starts. And I have to slow down coz Im scared i may breakdown the bike. ( New bike, so a lil p***y)

Now, long story short- Went to service center, they said problem may with be with either bore or radiator, took my bike and even after 2 weeks no progress. (The spare part had to come from gurgaon) and i since i had work outside the city , i took it and gave it to them after 5 days. They call and say, the part has come and give the bike. I give them.Even after a week, no progress. I call them again and again and they finally deliver the bike.(Yesterday)

Now, at the time of delivery, i took it for a spin with serviceman on pillion. Didnt rev it much and the bike was smooth. Finally, happy with the bike and set out to home. And at an empty road at over 6k RPM, the problem still existed. They said they replaced a part on side of Bore and the change was-
Until 6k RPM, the bike was smooth ( comparitively than previous ) and still the problem existed. I cant go over 7k RPM and went to ask the Service Manager directly about this. He was incharge of all this and i contacted him directly

After showing him the problem and revving the machine, he said - "Sir, this is a new engine. It shouldnt go above 60kmph(He was referring to break-in period). And that engine resistance after 7K RPM, will be cleared when you continue to use the bike. Use the bike until 2nd service and come to me".

WTF is this ? When i first bought my bike none of the problems were there (with engine). And this guy says new engine can't run?? What the hell? For the record, this engine went over 120kmph at 4th gear (total 6 gears) and I'm telling,, the experience was awesome. Bike didnt vibrate or nothing just like that.

->Now, what should I do ?
->What do you think the problem might be?
->Should I sue them in Consumer Forum ?

Totally unhappy with Honda. Should have bought a Duke or Ninja :(

Re: Is my CBR 150r damaged or not ?

Vibration in the sense, is your bike vigorously shaking?? If not, first try to change to synthetic oil from shell and check if vibration still exists. Slight vibrations can be acceptable. Write to hmsi top officials and post your problems in customer forums. Being soft never helps with honda. We need to be rude. I almost lost my cool and went on a fight with the asc for my dazzler.

Welcome to TAI buddy. First of all what is the current ODO reading on your bike ? Every new engine needs to be run in safe limits untill 2500-3000 kms . Engine gets smoother after this initial run in period . If you are revving higher than the limit in this period then it will destroy the engine. But if the initial run in period is over and you are getting poor performance from the bike then there must be a big problem with your bike engine . Sorry to say Either you got the faulty bike or due to your negligence the engine got damaged .

Thread Starter #4

Odometer : 1400 kms

Not used for Racing.
But occasionally used to rev the engine. Never crossed redlines

And if I did receive a faulty, what are the further steps I should do ?

This bike in automotive terms can be called a lemon. If some issues come up within such a low odo reading,it is definitely faulty from the assembly line.Somewhere the machine missed a QC and the unfortunate customer is you.
Now,there are no perfect laws in India to deal with this.The only way is through the consumer forum,which may takes years to complete the case.
Anyway,take the bike to a different service center or a good mechanic nearby and get an opinion about the problem before going the legal way.

During initial running period (Below 1k mark), how was the driving - one rider driven or many have taken it?
I have seen here many guys riding their new just delivered KTM's like maniacs, with revving too much though within RPM limits.Constant revving in new rides are not advised.
Anyway ask them to give replacement.

Odometer : 1400 kms

Not used for Racing.
But occasionally used to rev the engine. Never crossed redlines
new engines should not be revved too high,instead they are supposed to be run-in smoothly within speified limits i.e, 3k-4/5k rpm range as specified, IMO even if you don't redline driving in 6k-8k range would sure do some damage to the engine

Now, at the time of delivery, i took it for a spin with serviceman on pillion. Didnt rev it much and the bike was smooth
i think this is the point where you made the mistake i.e, when you know bike gives trouble after 6krpm range why didn't you revved it to that point when the serviceman was with you on pillion ?
[confused]
anyways !
shoot some emails to Honda and see how it turns out don't expect showroom guys to take any responsibility of it.

Thread Starter #8

During initial running period (Below 1k mark), how was the driving - one rider driven or many have taken it?
I have seen here many guys riding their new just delivered KTM's like maniacs, with revving too much though within RPM limits.Constant revving in new rides are not advised.
Anyway ask them to give replacement.
During 1K, around 900 kms was driven by me. I didnt rev the machine uselessly.
Only on empty roads, maybe 8-9 times total. Rest of the time i drove the engine the way its supposed to.Around 5-6 K RPM. I didnt baby it.

And Is replacement possible ? When I asked the service manager,
he said replacements are not done but parts are replaced under warranty.
(Doesn't whole engine come under warranty) ?

Thread Starter #10
# Update 1:

Took the bike to a roadside mechanic shop. After explaining the problem,
he looked and said " Sir, this may be air filter problem. I think you should replace it."

And after telling him to take a ride, he came and said "Sir, ye 100 se chad raha hi nahi. Clutch plates ka problem hai. Ye dekho neutral pe hai, acceleration diye tho RPM bad raha hai".

Translation: Sir, this bike isn't climbing above 100. There may be problem with clutch plates.
When in neutral, see how the RPMs increase.

IDK if this may be the problem, but need to check with other guys to make sure.

# Update 1:

he came and said "Sir, ye 100 se chad raha hi nahi. Clutch plates ka problem hai. Ye dekho neutral pe hai, acceleration diye tho RPM bad raha hai".
bro ! don't panick too much.
if you are planning to claim warranty don't go to local mehanic they will mess up.
regarding clutch plate i think he's trying to pull a fast one on you as there is simply no way that clutch plate will create problem so early in a new bike.

# Update 1:

he looked and said " Sir, this may be air filter problem. I think you should replace it."

And after telling him to take a ride, he came and said "Sir, ye 100 se chad raha hi nahi. Clutch plates ka problem hai. Ye dekho neutral pe hai, acceleration diye tho RPM bad raha hai".

Translation: Sir, this bike isn't climbing above 100. There may be problem with clutch plates.

Take it to Honda ASC and talk with the top officials and get the problem sorted. You can also write to Honda regarding your problem. You have spent your hard earned money on this bike. Talk to them and get the problem solved.http://https://www.honda2wheelersindia.com/reach-us/contact-us/

P.S. I see many owners complaining about their CBR's(150 and 250) in various forums. What is happening with Honda???

# Update 1:

I'm having the same issue . I've replaced the block,priston and the whole clutch assemble except clutch housing . (* I am facing the the issue after changing those stuff ) . Did you solve the issue ? If yes how ?

Top Bottom