Is it worth to spend extra and go in for a Scorpio/Xylo instead of a Fiesta/Polo/i20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMG

Suspended
ilango[speed thirst];47741 said:
1: Scorpio base model comes with bolero engine.

2: xylo base comes with 2.6 cc prev gen scorpio engine
1: wrong. Except the getaway, all other scorpios come with mHawk

2: False(again) All xylos come with mEagle engine.

Source: Autocar India

Thread Starter #17
I would say, is its the scorpio, then it has to be the SLE because of the ABS. A scorpio without ABS can be pretty scary.
The LX is out of our budget, but we can go in for it after stretching by a huge margin. So I can't even think about the SLE.

1: wrong. Except the getaway, all other scorpios come with mHawk

2: False(again) All xylos come with mEagle engine.

Source: Autocar India
Check again , scorpio base model has m2di engine , that is bolero's one and arkin asked the same

And check again , e2 model comes with 2.6cc old scorpio engine ,while e4, e6,e8 others have Meagle engine

some time back e2 was same , but now its with older engines

Last edited:
The LX is out of our budget, but we can go in for it after stretching by a huge margin. So I can't even think about the SLE.
if you can adjust with the scary braking of the LX, then go for it.

ilango[speed thirst];47849 said:
Check again , scorpio base model has m2di engine , that is bolero's one and arkin asked the same

And check again , e2 model comes with 2.6cc old scorpio engine ,while e4, e6,e8 others have Meagle engine

some time back e2 was same , but now its with older engines
ilango is partially right AMG.

Scorpio base model is M2Di & it comes with bolero's engine. Scorpio LX, SLE, VLX comes with mHawk engines. but M2Di is only BS II & hence not sold in metros.

Ilango, Xylo no more comes in E2 variant. only D2, E4, E6 & E8 are available out of which E2 comes with 2.5 cc (not 2.6 cc) mDi CRDe engine whereas the other come with 2.5 cc mEagle engine.

me too would suggest you against buying an SUV. its not that easy to drive an SUV in bangalore. and since you don't require one, why do you un-necessarily want to spend on the SUV?first of all a higher price for the SUV itself and later on the fuel expenses and the maintainance costs become un-necessarily higher when a hatch or a sedan could do the job well. as told by other members, a hatch or may be a sedan would be suitable for your needs. and i tell you again. driving an SUV in bangalore is no easy job dude. i always have a spare innova at bangalore when i visit. but i would rather prefer the BMTC than driving amidst fools who are seen on three wheeled carts (so called autorickshaw's) and yellow board tata's.
[surprise]
Wow harsha it's real easy to drive SUV in Bangalore.
The situation is not that bad as you said.

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Arkin,

Since you have received the answer to your basic query, I’m closing this thread. Continue all further discussions about car purchase dilemma in this thread which you already created previously.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom