Is it worth to spend 38K for Wagon R Vxi over Lxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello everybody,

My search for my car seem to finish now. I have shortlisted Wagon R.
I am going to book in couple of days. But now my confusion is Lxi or Vxi.
In Vxi the extra things I am getting over Lxi are:

1. Integrated music system (without USB and SQ is too basic)
2. All power windows
3. Key less entry (but no anti-theft)
4. Front and rear fog lamps
5. Tilt adjustable steering
6. Rear wiper with washer
7. Electronically adjustable ORVM
8. Body colored door handles
9. Parcel tray
10. Side body moldings (Don't know what is it)
11. Rear cabin lamps
12. Front passenger under seat tray
13. Tacho
14. 12V socket (the most essential thing)

So my question: Is it worth to spend 38K for Vxi? How many of these are essential?

Thread Starter #3
Rear wiper can be useful, everything else can be fitted aftermarket if needed. Which variant has ABS & airbags?
Thanks for the reply. Vxi has ABS and airbags but they are optional for that I have to shell out 34K more over existing Vxi price

On road price in Pune are:
Lxi : 4,11,454 (It has 10K discount)
Vxi : 4,39,167
Vxi(ABS): 4,73,372

Sandeep, whether the VXi is better than the LXi is subjective to your priorities. If you desire a fully loaded car, and favor the convenience and comfort of features like power windows and power mirrors. A better stereo and Anti-theft+central locking can always as well as the others if you require them later, can be retro-fitted at a dealership or an accessory shop. Set your priorities right. If most of the extras on the VXi appeal to you, the VXi is a better deal, but if not all the extras on the VXi interest you, an LXi with those retro-fitted sounds like a better choice.
All the Best.

I think you must go with vxi. 38K is quite reasonable for the features they are providing. Yes you can fit these aftermarket, but it will cost you min 60-70K.

Well, assuming you need only a better stereo, wheel caps, a rear wiper and remote central locking with an anti-theft, you will probably have to spend almost 30k on these. In such a case, Sandeep, as RSM rightly pointed out, a difference of 38k is very reasonable. But the choice is still subjective to what you think.

Thread Starter #7
I too agree that Vxi is better package but my main concern is the integrated music system. It does not have USB port, again SQ is too basic.

In my opinion if all the extra features are useful for you then its always better that it comes factory fitted, even for few bucks more.
I don't like to fit anything later in my car as opning doors and other things lead to rattles later in the car and also warranty will be issue as always.
The gizmos that you get in VXi are worth that much money and Dash looks much better in Vxi than plain look of Lxi. Rest is upto you[:)]

Sandeep, i would suggest you to go for the VXi ABS version. I know you are not considering this model, but VXi ABS sports all the features of vxi in addition to safety features like abs and airbags, which imo are quite useful and will give you peace of mind. The features you get in lxi or a vxi can be installed after purchase but you wont get abs and airbags as aftermarket fittment(not recommended too). So i would strongly suggest you to go for VXi ABS version.

I think you must go with vxi. 38K is quite reasonable for the features they are providing. Yes you can fit these aftermarket, but it will cost you min 60-70K.
I second this. In my experience, factory fitted accessories and features are smoothly integrated altogether. Moreover, you can always contact the authorized service center to fix in case some thing goes wrong. I don't prefer the after market jobs unless it is inevitable.

Sandeep, i would suggest you to go for the VXi ABS version. I know you are not considering this model, but VXi ABS sports all the features of vxi in addition to safety features like abs and airbags, which imo are quite useful and will give you peace of mind. The features you get in lxi or a vxi can be installed after purchase but you wont get abs and airbags as aftermarket fittment(not recommended too). So i would strongly suggest you to go for VXi ABS version.

This is what you should ideally go for, if you are not in a budget constrain and has the plan to keep the car for long term.

Thread Starter #14
This is what you should ideally go for, if you are not in a budget constrain and has the plan to keep the car for long term.
I am in tight budget. Initially I was planning for second hand Alto for 1.5 - 2L,
then stretched budget for Alto K10 till 3.5L, but Alto K10 is too small car for me so again increasing my budget till 4 - 4.4L. I can't further stretch it.

No worries. I have used Wagon R Lxi version for more than 4 years and I can assure you that you will be always happy for picking it. Go for Wagon R 1.0 VXi. The on Road Price in Pune should come around Rs. 4,36,000 /-, which includes RTO Rs. 30,880 /- and Insurance Rs. 13,906/-.

IMO, it is worth to go for VXi becuase following features on offer:

• Adjustable tilt steering
  • Electronic power steering (ESP)
  • Electrical ORVM
  • Front & Rear power windows
  • Air conditioner with heater
  • Tinted Glasses
  • Tubeless Tyres
  • Side Body Molding
  • Central locking with so called iCAT system
  • Integrated music system with Speakers for Surround sound effect(4 doors)
  • Front & rear fog lamps
  • Rear wiper washer & Defogger
  • Luggage Parcel tray
  • K-Series engine offering high FE!

Do you have any color in mind? Have a look at Bakers Chocolate!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom