Is it worth to spend 38K for Wagon R Vxi over Lxi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats sandeep. So you booked the silver waggy. I hope your wife is happy with your choice, else you wont get dinner tonight.[lol]

350Z

Core Team
At first the dealer is not ready to take my booking saying that there is a huge waiting list. Instead he was convincing me to go for Lxi. He was having ready stock of 10-12 Lxi in his stock yard. I think earlier generation Wagon R Lxi is much VFM than Vxi. But newer Vxi is much VFM than Lxi. May be MSIL interpreted it incorrectly and manufactured more Lxis than Vxis.

Same situation is every where. Everybody has ready stock of Lxi.
It’s good that you stick to your decision of getting VXi despite the dealer tried to convince you to opt for the LXi, because in the showroom environment, it doesn’t takes much long for a person’s mind to flip. The waitlist of three months is pretty long but be happy that it’s not as long like of other Maruti Suzuki models, D-day is not too far, start counting reverse and congratulations! :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey congratulations Sandeep! But 3 months waiting period is too high IMO. MSIL is having a high waiting period for almost all their cars and they must bring it down soon.

Any free accessories offered?

Try checking out the other dealers also in your city , some of them may have cancelled orders with them and so they must be waiting to dump it off soon. But you may not get your preferred color!

Thread Starter #49
Hey congratulations Sandeep! But 3 months waiting period is too high IMO. MSIL is having a high waiting period for almost all their cars and they must bring it down soon.

Any free accessories offered?

Try checking out the other dealers also in your city , some of them may have cancelled orders with them and so they must be waiting to dump it off soon. But you may not get your preferred color!
Thank you !
Completely agree with you 3 months of waiting is too much.
No freebie is offered as it already have waiting period.

Thread Starter #51
Does Lxi has discount in Banglore? Here in Pune all dealers are offering 10K discount. So final on road price of Lxi is around 3.96L.

Thread Starter #55
hey sandeep. congrats. but i think in pune you have got multiple delearships. did you ask the other delearships?
I am not taking the delivery from Pune. I booked in Satara which is 110 KM from Pune which is my native place. I am saving about 7K as there is no octroi.

Who cares whether my car is registered as MH 12 or MH 11 as long as its in Maharastra and I am saving some money.

ZERO discounts in Bangalore. After hearing Sandeep's case, I argued, but they said they had ZERO cars available except for 1 TD car. I shall enquire with other dealers.

Thread Starter #58
Its exactly one month now for the booking, dealer says wait for another 3 months as the list is huge[frustration]. How should I cope up with this waiting period?

Until I am preparing the upgrade list
1. Tyre upgrade to Michelin XM+ provided I get good value for stock tyres. (Is it really required?)
2. Change stock speakers (yet to decide the type and brand)
3. Alloys (definitely yes but after a while)

Waiting for more inputs from your side [:D]

Last edited:
Another 3 months! I waited for less than 3 days to take the delivery of my i10.
About changing the stock speakers, go in for either Boston or JBL 608 Components to replace the front speakers. Should cost you ~ Rs 4000-5000. I guess that will be enough.
If you want to ease parking, go in for rear parking sensors (4), which will set you back by Rs 4000-4500.

@ Sandeep:

1) Michelin XM+ are one of the best tyres in the market, but they are pretty soft & wear easily. but they provide amazing feel & grip.

2) its a huge topic! a separate thread would be good.

3) thats first priority for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom