IRRITATING Messages on Phone - Please Help!

350Z

Core Team
well my problem is not exactly regarding messages.
but from the past 1 month vodafone people have resorted into a new kind of business: giving missed calls to their customers. i don't know what these guys think. i get a min of 5 missed calls from vodafone everyday.
Didn’t you call back to find out what’s the matter?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes now for the past few weeks Airtel has been sending atleast 10 stupid offer messages daily to me! Its very irritating to see such messages in the middle of a class!

And for the past few weeks i have been getting too many recorded voice calls too! Each time i see an unknown number , i pick up the call anticipating somebody from TATA motors regarding the Aria but i get to hear a stupid girl's voice blabbering something!

@ Junior Yeah , did you try calling them back?

called , complained, shouted at them. did everything. and another speciality of vodafone customer care is that they just block your call from getting connected to the CC executive if you shout at them once. so i've known these guys now, i don't care about those calls much.

when i started DND, the executive told me that it will take one month to completely close the service[frustration] and its three month since i do recieve automated calls , sms etc.[anger]

Hope i am blessed one.

Some 3 years back i remember calling there helpline and informed abt the messages and call , and told them i never ever want any messages or calls.

Only mess that i get some times is 'AD- Campus , you have not logged in for last several months '

My dad's docomo get about 3 to 4 calls a day for hello tune , esp during 2 pm when my dad is in a noon nap.

And the bsnl phone of my mom gets loads of mess from BT-BSNL , its a low spec phone , so the memory is full and get just a single message- No space for new messages.

4 to 5 months back got a airtel sim for office ,
got messages saying 'beautifull girls waiting for you, mess .... to 585858585' like that some number starting with 5, irritated and at the end of the day called them and asked are u a pimp or service provider or girls prvider or so on , . from that day the messages are stopped.

350Z

Core Team
I’m receving annoying job message alerts on my Airtel from last few days. Surprisingly I have never subscribed to anything like that. Perhaps it was automatically added and notified about the same. I immediately messaged back to stop the service but it didn’t work. Anyways I have also activated DND Service. This will take seven days to come into effect. Hope it works. Here are links for help of other members too:

- Airtel Users: :: Airtel :: Do Not Disturb

- Vodafone Users: https://www.vodafone.in/pages/dnd.aspx

- Uninor Users: Do not Disturb: Activate DND - Uninor India

- Reliance Users: Welcome to Reliance Communications

- Docomo Users: Do Not Disturb | 3G Technology in India | 3G Mobiles | Tata DOCOMO

- Virgin Mobile: http://www.virginmobile.in/bug_me.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

Mukesh buddy,even I have activated DND on my Vodafone postpaid number and as much I remember they told me that maximum 15 days will be taken and the service was activated within a week on my number.
But yes,after activating it,I am very happy.

350Z

Core Team
Sometimes I win a random ‘lottery’ from U.K. :biggrin: Any solution to prevent such kind of spamming messages?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Sometimes I win a random ‘lottery’ from U.K. :biggrin: Any solution to prevent such kind of spamming messages?

Drive Safe,
350Z
Unfortunately those messages cannot be avoided, the scammers hit random numbers at will & it can be anywhere in the world. Do Not reply to the message asking them to stop sending messages that will just confirm your number is active to them and they might even hijack your phone.

Am using a android LG P500 Mobile where i installed Avast anti virus tool
it has a inbuilt SPAM / SMS filter

whenever a new SMS comes from new number this Software asks me on allowing it or add it to blocked list.

If i select allow the message then it comes to SMS inbox else it would be added to Blocked list and deleted also a message from same number next time automatically goes to Blocked list and it automatically delete the message permanently

Top Bottom