Introduction

Thread Starter #1
Hey Friends,

Joined TAI recently and thought of writing an introduction of myself.
I am from Bangalore (born and brought up) and am currently working in a software company in Bangalore.

I am a proud owner of a Ford Figo 1.4 Diesel Titanium. Wanted to write some reviews of the car, share my experiences and get some help of other friends who either have a ford figo or information about the car. It is so much helpful to share information.

My other interests are Formula 1 racing (I follow it throughly) but have a tendency to follow any sport especially when played by the best in that sport.

My driving experience: I have been driving cars from 2003. In India, my first car was a Hyundai Santro. Other than India, I have driving experience in US (1 Year) and UK ( 1.5 Years).

Also have a Honda Aviator for short trips, love it.

Found TAI to be a better place for sharing my experience since for once, a site allows one to do so without having to write a "well grammered detailed story" to get a membership.

Will be creating a new thread with my buying/ driving/ ownership experience soon.

350Z

Core Team
Hey JammyD, Glad to have you on-board and a very hearty welcome in The Automotive India! Congratulations for your new Ford Figo, Definitely we'd love to read the complete experience of yours, added with a couple of pictures. Seems like soon we can have a Bangalore meet, as the count of members from Bangalore is increasing and so the IT'ians. :smile: Looking forward for some fun and informative interactions with you in forums and do take a look at Announcement Section which explains li'l features + guidelines of this growing community and for any assitance, our staff is 24x7 available on following E-Mail ID: contact[@]theautomotiveindia.com. Welcome again and Enjoy your stay!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hey Jammy welcome to TAI , have a great stay here in this wonderful forum!! There are lots of Bangaloreans here now and there is also one Figo owner here already!! Looking forward to the ownership review of your car soon with cool pictures! And also share with us your driving experiences in U.S and UK and also about the cars there!

Hi Jammy,welcome to TAI,that's a good introduction given by yourself.
Share us with your driving and ownership experience with your Figo.
How was your driving in the US and the UK,were you driving a LHD or a RHD car?

Hi Jammy!! Welcome to TAI, always great to see some serious auto enthusiasts onboard. and yeah congrats on new ford figo, do share its review and also of the Honda Aviator. I really love the looks of Aviator, much sensible option than activa. welcome and enjoy your stay!

Thread Starter #10
Hey JammyD, Glad to have you on-board and a very hearty welcome in The Automotive India! Congratulations for your new Ford Figo, Definitely we'd love to read the complete experience of yours, added with a couple of pictures. Seems like soon we can have a Bangalore meet, as the count of members from Bangalore is increasing and so the IT'ians. :smile: Looking forward for some fun and informative interactions with you in forums and do take a look at Announcement Section which explains li'l features + guidelines of this growing community and for any assitance, Our staff is 24x7 available on following E-Mail ID: contact[@]theautomotiveindia.com. Welcome again and Enjoy your stay!

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks a lot to all you guys there. One of the signs of a good forum is when you are welcomed by lot of people. Gives a feeling you are valued, honestly.

Yes, I really intend to be more active on this forum since there are so many topics where I feel like adding a few titbits of mine or knowing something.

@Cooldhaya - In US, Since I did not have a car of my own, had the opportunity of renting it over weekends. Renting a car from Enterprise, have driven a Nissan Murano, Chevy Aveo, Toyota Corolla, Dodge Neon, Ford Focus, Ford Taurus. Should say that it has been more of Ford Focus since I used to get that more often.
In UK, though, I owned a car, a Ford Fiesta (hatchback) 2000 model but was a gem of a car. Co-incidently I have been driving a Ford more than any ohter car but the reason for choosing Figo is because it is Figo and not because it is Ford. :-)

@Surendar - As 350Z said, it is LHD in US and RHD in UK. But I did not have too many worries in switching to and fro from RHS to LHS. Its not just me but anybody for that matter. IMHO, after a few days of driving a car, "you become the car" and once you reach that state, it is not the car but the surroundings that we need to be think of.

I would love to share my experiences of driving in these two countries even though lot of people would have already experienced it a lot.

Can I post it in a separate thread and let you guys know or should I post it here?

For my Figo post, will do it as soon as I do the following:
1. Wash my car (Bangalore road and rain has done its part already).
2. Take pics of the car. (Has to be this weekend).

I have pics of my UK car, may be I will post that too. Will be fun.

Cheers,
Deepak
-----------Next Post-----------
Hi Jammy!! Welcome to TAI, always great to see some serious auto enthusiasts onboard. and yeah congrats on new ford figo, do share its review and also of the Honda Aviator. I really love the looks of Aviator, much sensible option than activa. welcome and enjoy your stay!
Thanks Umang! The reason I love automobiles is probably because I am just obsessed with the technology and the way it is applied.

The main reasons for going for Aviator was that it was lighter and had disc brakes. Lot of them argue that we don't need disc breaks on scooters but you know the difference only when you ride and compare. With my Aviator, I can break so much late in a safe way while a non-disc break vehicle will require breaking much earlier (if you don't want to lock the wheels that is). Also the suspension is much better than the previous Activa, thanks to the telescopic suspension.
Besides, the waiting period for a Activa was too much at that time (Sept 2009).

Figo, wooh, that is a big one (I mean the story :-) and the car too). Will cover as much as possible in my other post.

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Deepak, You're free to create new threads, if you are unable to search an existing topic on same and ofcourse, Our members are topmost priority for us before anything in this forum. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks Umang! The reason I love automobiles is probably because I am just obsessed with the technology and the way it is applied. The main reasons for going for Aviator was that it was lighter and had disc brakes. Lot of them argue that we don't need disc breaks on scooters but you know the difference only when you ride and compare. With my Aviator, I can break so much late in a safe way while a non-disc break vehicle will require breaking much earlier (if you don't want to lock the wheels that is). Also the suspension is much better than the previous Activa, thanks to the telescopic suspension.
Besides, the waiting period for a Activa was too much at that time (Sept 2009).

Figo, wooh, that is a big one (I mean the story :-) and the car too). Will cover as much as possible in my other post.
:agree: with you on that. So now you have two reviews + pics to share with us that is of Aviator and Figo :) and yes be active here we have alot of fun here.

Hey JammyD! Welcome to TAI. You have some pretty cool rides there. My dad has been contemplating buying a Figo too, so its great to have another person who has experienced the "Figo" way of life. [:)] And your posts so far have been very well written and composed. Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom