Intro -- Neil [new to this forum]

Thread Starter #1
hi guys,
I am Neil here.
I am a student of final year MBBS [medical]...

I love modifications and love to have ---> [evil] music system in my car.

Currently I have Honda city i-dsi. I will be selling this car soon as I have already purchased Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDI , which i will be getting in couple of days. [actually my dad purchased it for me [lol] ]

I have already spent more thn 50k for audio system in my honda city...
And i hope i will be able to fit the same in my verna..

I own these things -

1.Head Unit -- Sony WX-GT77UI , [Double DIN MP3] [3 preouts]

2.Amplifiers --
(1)Sony XM-GTR7040 [700 watts] [ 80 rms * 4 ]
(2) JBL GTO1004 [1300 watts] [300 rms * 2 /// 150 rms * 4 ]

3.Woofer -- Infinity 1260w -[1200 watts - 300 rms ] [ I will buy one more sub soon]
-- connected to jbl amp

4.Speakers -- Pioneer TS-A6993R , [460 watts with supertweeters]
connected to sony amp

5.Component -- Pioneer TS-A1302C [180 watts]
connected to sony amp

I am not totally newbie about audio system, as i have been dealing with it since one year and i know couple of things by now.

It's my pleasure to be part of this community...

Thanx :)

Thread Starter #3
Welome to TAI neil.Do post your ownership report of your ANHV.
I dont have documents for now.... My dad purchased ANHV from my native place and he will send it to bangalore once he gets car ..... and i will send back my honda city...

and what i have to post as ownership report?

Last edited:
A thumping welcome to TAI Neil. Ownership report would contain your experience of purachasing the car (your dad's experience in this case would suffice) followed by your analysis of the design , features,interior, drive, mileage, pics etc.

Waiting to read and see from you soon.

Ajay

Thread Starter #5
A thumping welcome to TAI Neil. Ownership report would contain your experience of purachasing the car (your dad's experience in this case would suffice) followed by your analysis of the design , features,interior, drive, mileage, pics etc.

Waiting to read and see from you soon.

Ajay
ok... sure...
but it will still take around 10-15 days or more for the car to come here...
i will report my analysis.
And i am going to replace the stock music system with the above one. I hope i will succeed and my 50k wont get ruined. i will post some pics here if i succeed in installing custom head unit...

Thanx [:)]

Welcome to TAI :)
have a good time and congrats on your new car

don't put too many speakers and woofers its gona make your car vibrate like anything and you will end up having nightmares while fixing those things. (Starts with the numberplate shaking with bass )

I always had music system in my cars but still just an advise
Go for performance mods

Our Warm Welcome to you neil.

Have a great stay in TAI.

I am expecting some good Interactions from you My friend.

I think you got a very loud ICE. as 47 said its better to go for the performance system then louder system. After all the music is for enjoy not to destroy the drive.

Once again enjoy the stay in TAI.[thumbsup]

Welcome aboard buddy! That is a lot of ICE'ing as every one said. How many o/ps are you planning to have in the car. Having a sub and a woofer will call for less components IMO. And yes do post your ownership report of ANHV. Just about your experience with the car, comparing it to City etc.

Welcome neil!

i differ from other , in saying that you own a normal music system!

And a perfectly installed system will not ruin anycar!
We can discuss abt your ice in a separate thread.

Do start a owner ship thread , with lots and lots of pictures!!

welcome man!
have a great time here.

Thread Starter #13
Ya , i have done lot of ICE'ing ... I have got mild deafness and doctor told me not hear loud music... lol ...
[ just for your information , any sound more then 90 dB for long time can cause auditory fatigue and later on deafness... ]

I cant remove component , as i want tweeters to work but i set the front at low volume then rear one...[ to prevent my ears ]

I bought pioneer rear spk 1 year ago , but it's not performing good now. I will leave it in city most probably and planning for better quality speakers - maybe infinity or if possible rockford.
I think max watts just gives louder noise but not quality... My rear speakers s**ks totally and i dont want to become permanent deaf too...

Cant compromise in bass , i will buy the same another sub.. My number plate and something underneath the car vibrates with only 1 sub... I hope it wont be in verna as it's new car when i'll put 2 sub

From the above -
My head unit , JBL amplifier and infinity sub... I am satisfied with their performance... Infinity sub is doing good , but i have only 1.5 cu. ft. box while 2.25 is recommended.. so i think it will be still better... Frequency response is good , n better thn old sony sub.

I am disappointed with pioneer products and i will never buy pioneer speakers and component again... they both s**ks..

nt sure about sony amp quality ... but it has lot of options to set and i can set 0 (no) bass in my speakers via amp itself..

Last edited:
From the above -
My head unit , JBL amplifier and infinity sub... I am satisfied with their performance... Infinity sub is doing good , but i have only 1.5 cu. ft. box while 2.25 is recommended.. so i think it will be still better... Frequency response is good , n better thn old sony sub.

infinity sub , a better one ,
jbl amps!! they dont work that much! a rf mono must help you .

and wiring? what brands are you running in? or normal ones! ?

1.5cu.ft is good for best tight bass. 2.25 is for too loud!

Top Bottom