Interstate Travel Advice on Quarantine & E-Pass

Thread Starter #1
Dear All,

This post is to seek some clarity on the latest rules regarding inter state travel, quarantine, E-pass etc.

I had to move to Bangalore in March and due to the situation at that time, travelled by Air and left the car in Mumbai.
Now the car has been in Mumbai for the last 4 months and I need to get it to Bangalore.

My question is regarding the quarantine in Maharashtra.
If I were to take a flight to Mumbai and return by road within 2 days, is there any way I can avoid the Maharashtra quarantine ?
Alternatively, if I travel by road to Mumbai and return by road, then can I avoid the quarantine in Maharashtra ?

I am fine with the home quarantine in Karnataka on return. Its just that I dont have a place in Mumbai now and cannot afford to be on a 14 day quarantine there.

The fact that the car is lying idle , is actually worrying.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
As per Maharashtra quarantine rules, People with short-term visits are likely to be exempted from the 14-day home quarantine rules. You may have to mention your visit purpose and duration you likely to stay in Maharashtra whilst applying for an E - pass.

Please also check with other sources to make sure you need not to go in quarantine in Maharashtra .

Story, what happened to a couple who came from Bangalore. Their parents live opposite my house and the young couples arrived here last month. Immediately, Health workers and Police arrived the scene and asked them to be in home quarantine for 14 days. Poor old parents have to move some other relative house, leaving the couple alone in the house.

After 14 days over, the guy went to Bangalore to bring back his Bike and the moment he came back with his bike, the police and health people arrived and asked him for another 14 days quarantine. The Cop came to my house (as well as other neighboring houses) and asked us to keep an eye on the guy and to inform them (cop) in case he moves out.!

Take care.

Thread Starter #3
As per Maharashtra quarantine rules, People with short-term visits are likely to be exempted from the 14-day home quarantine rules. You may have to mention your visit purpose and duration you likely to stay in Maharashtra whilst applying for an E - pass.

Please also check with other sources to make sure you need not to go in quarantine in Maharashtra .

Story, what happened to a couple who came from Bangalore. Their parents live opposite my house and the young couples arrived here last month. Immediately, Health workers and Police arrived the scene and asked them to be in home quarantine for 14 days. Poor old parents have to move some other relative house, leaving the couple alone in the house.

After 14 days over, the guy went to Bangalore to bring back his Bike and the moment he came back with his bike, the police and health people arrived and asked him for another 14 days quarantine. The Cop came to my house (as well as other neighboring houses) and asked us to keep an eye on the guy and to inform them (cop) in case he moves out.!

Take care.
Thank you very much Sir, this is the main issue. The rules are not clearly specified anywhere so am worried.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
I think those who travel for official purposes and need only a couple of days stay need not to go for quarantine. You may check on this if you have anyone in Mumbai who can assist you in this case.

One of my relative, a Civil Engineer stationed in Udupi, recently came home (here in Kerala) and returned back after 3 days without quarantine. It happened last month and don't know if the rules changed now since situation become more serious than last month. Authorities keep changing the rules depending the situation and seriousness of disease spread .

Thread Starter #5
The new Maharashtra guidelines specify that no epass is required for inter state travel but is silent about interstate travel. So assuming that epass is still needed for interstate travel.

Anyone has recently driven from Karnataka to Mumbai, please share the details on the requirements. Thanks

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Unlock 4.0 guidelines published on the 29th august, reads as::

''There shall be no restriction on inter-State and intra-State movement of persons and goods. No separate permission/ approval/ e-permit will be required for such movements.''

See post number 582 here

Top Bottom