The International Recalls Thread

Which all cars have been stopped? Also havent they called back the previously sold cars for some inspection orsomething?
Oh yes, they have recalled lots and lots of them. It was in the papers today. Will get you that information as to which all cars have been stopped and the number of recalls by tomorrow.

EDIT: I am not sure if you guys know, but the major concern where a few accidents happened here in the US was due to the accelerator pedal getting stuck and not getting released at all while driving.

Cheers,
Vroom

Thread Starter #17
EDIT: I am not sure if you guys know, but the major concern where a few accidents happened here in the US was due to the accelerator pedal getting stuck and not getting released at all while driving.

Cheers,
Vroom
Ok, good that we have some news from USA also.
Vroom, you can have Indian auto news on TAI.[:)]

350Z

Core Team
Bad times coming for Toyota, It is a surprise to see the such a large number of Re-Calls by a car maker like Toyota that too in a market of US. Production of Total Eight models including Corolla, Camry, Rav-4, Highlander has came to a halt.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is really worse!

Camry & Corolla are one of the higest selling models of toyota ever!

If production is stopped for these, I am not sure about the future of this manufacturer

350Z

Core Team
The production of these models has been stopped to prevent same mechanical problems in their new models which rolled out from factory. Once the situation gets stable, Things should be back well.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well, Agreed.

But stopping a model from production is just worse & bring down the reputation of the manufacturer like anything.

Do you think if anyone will buy any of these 8 cars within next 6 months ?

I am sure, nobody will.

350Z

Core Team
May be or Maybe Not. It will all depend on the situation and at present, Even if these models were manufactured despite of fact that there are some mechanical issues, Do you think people would have purchased them?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes, both the reputation & sales will be dented.

It might take years now to correct that.
I am just wondering ...
You look at the issues which are causing the recall, and then you realize that for most of these, in India at least, no one will think about a recall.
And I am sure a few of the other manufacturers the world around will be sweeping similar stuff under the carpet.
I think Toyota deserves a pat on the back for commitment to the customer!!

Thread Starter #28
Toyota braces for sales hit from recall

Economictimes
Toyota Motor's unprecedented recall of millions of vehicles with accelerator problems is taking a toll on sales and may force the world's largest automaker to cut 2010 sales forecasts.

"The sales forecast is something that we're extremely worried about," Executive Vice President Shinichi Sasaki he told a news conference in the central Japanese city of Nagoya. "Already, I am hearing that sales have been affected somewhat in January," he said, adding the company will report its third-quarter earnings on Thursday.

Hmmmm but i guess the sales wont be affected much in India. Once the Etios is launched here soon they can see some respite provided they don have faulty components in Etios also!!

Top Bottom