The International Recalls Thread

350Z

Core Team
Volkswagen Joins the List !!

After sudden Recalls by Toyota, Honda, Peugeot etc. Volkswagen has joined the list too. Next's what, Mercedes or BMW?

The world is in total recall mode and now Volkswagen has announced the recall of 1,93,620 vehicles in Brazil because of a lubrication problems with the rear wheels. The recall includes the Novo Gol and Voyage made in Brazil before July 2009. Use of these vehicles can cause noise and continuous use could lead to a blockage of the wheels. In extreme cases, the wheel can come off.

This recall is the third by Volkswagen in Brazil. In April 2008, the German automaker recalled 4,77,000 Fox models to fix a fault with the rear seat. In December, 2008 the company recalled 1,20,000 Fox, Novo Gol and Voyage cars due to a brake faults. Volkwagen made 7,00,000 vehicles in its three Brazilian factories last year and is the second biggest carmaker in Brazil after Fiat. It has sold more than 17 million vehicles in the country after setting shop 50 years ago.
Source: Motorbeam

Drive Safe,
350Z

uh! what happened to the world auto scene ?

If everyone is recalling, I beleive there is something really wrong.

I doubt that I will [drive] any car in next few months [anger]

Thread Starter #49
Economictimes
Toyota Motor Corp said it would add a brake-override system, which cuts engine power when the accelerator and brake pedals are applied at the same time, to all future vehicles worldwide.

That is a weird option, is it not?
A lot of people who use left foot braking (in A/T cars) do use both the pedals at the same time on occasion.
The most famous person I know who does that is Schumey!!

Your point is valid! But are we supposed to do that Aditya ?

I hope we should not & specifically in A/Ts!

Never drive AT car with your left foot :-)

Thread Starter #52
Toyota probes Corolla steering, considers recall

It seems there is no end to this recall story for Toyota.

Economictimes
Toyota is considering a recall of its hot-selling Corolla subcompact after complaints about power steering problems, another blow to the
world's largest automaker already reeling from a string of recalls for safety problems.

Man , what is happening to the Auto scene around the world!!

Seems like its better going in for Indian giants like M&M and TATA!![thumbsup]

You are correct cooldhaya! You might have noticed the frustration from Europe and US regarding TATA and M&M. All are talking (read concerned & frustrated) about TATA's move to launch NANO & ARIA in Europe & US: The same is true for M&M. People just can't believe and accept that Indian companies are growing and has international safety standards [:D] In US all are worried about M&M because of their track record in agricultural field. M&M is considered to be a trusted brand over there. In Europe, companies are really worried about NANO as if it is a good car, it will surely dominate the market as people generally has the inclination towards small hatches. And point to be notes, none of the Indian manufacturers ever had to recall their products !! (Even if some thing wrong, I suspect whether they will do it or not)

After sudden Recalls by Toyota, Honda, Peugeot etc. Volkswagen has joined the list too. Next's what, Mercedes or BMW?

Drive Safe,
350Z
:lol!: you were right, even BMW has also recalled X6 now!!

BMW is recalling certain model year 2010 X5 and X6 sport activity vehicles manufactured between December 14, 2009 and December 16, 2009, in order to correct a defect that could make affect safety in a rollover crash.

In a recall notice filed with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the automaker explains, “In the upper right area of the windshield, bonding may be insufficient over a length of approximately 50 cm. … In the case of a rollover, the stability of the roof could be affected increasing the risk of injuries.

BMW has not yet explained how it plans to fix the problem, or when owners can expect to receive a recall notice in the mail. Conerned owners may contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.

source: usnews

Huh even Bmw now!!

Wont all this be checked before the cars are rolled out of the plant?? And i bet somebody must have been aware of all these problems when the car was manufactured itself!:suspect:

I never expected something like this from a trusted brand like Toyota, which always claims "Quality Revolution". That too on such a large scale! And now, other manufacturers are following suit, to avoid a slew of tragedies, just like Toyota faced. However, it is heartening to see that manufacturers are taking notice, and undertaking recalls to rectify the problems.

actually i believe problems can occur with any carmaker (even our very own Maruti!!) anytime so Toyota can not be blamed but on flip side their quality is questionable. anyways hoping things to get well soon with all these companies which have announced a recall.

Top Bottom