Inter-State Travel Restrictions Due To COVID Pandemic

Thread Starter #1
Putting up this thread to ask and answer queries regarding travel restrictions for interstate movement by available means of transport, Air, Rail. or Road. (May be water ways too)
Did not find any suitable thread and hence putting this new thread.

Thread Starter #2
let me be first one to put a query,
Planning to travel by Air from Chennai to Pune with my wife and 2 kids (5 and 2). Plan to do that around 15th June 2021
What is the process? and what precautions should we be taking? My younger kids simply refuses to wear any thing that covers his face, let alone mask. What should i be doing to protect ourselves? We (me and my wife) have not yet taken any vaccination yet. We never had covid yet

Check with local authorities, this is the best you could do. Each state seems to have a different portal to cater to travel needs during lock-down.

Thread Starter #4
That i have check, For landing in pune,
Have to get RTPCR report which should not more than 48 hours old.
Arogya setu app installed and stating you are out of risk.

May need to get EPass from TN govt for entering back into TN while returning.

Now the thing is what precautions we need to take while in transit, will have to use, Taxis, Airport facilties, then the main airplane journey. with two inquisitve active kids, its gonna be a tall affair to ensure they dont touch any thing, keep thier masks on..

Thank you vickyjoshi for this very pertinent & useful thread in these times.
We (my wife & I) need to travel by train to Mumbai from Lucknow in the 3rd week of June. At the peak of the 2nd wave, the Maharashtra Govt. had stipulated that incoming passengers must have -ve RT-PCR report. Now that the Mumbai lockdown is being lifted (stage-wise) I don't know if the RT-PCR report is still mandatory.
Did anyone with recent experience of travelling to Mumbai by train face any restrictions ?

That i have check, For landing in pune,
Have to get RTPCR report which should not more than 48 hours old.
Arogya setu app installed and stating you are out of risk.

May need to get EPass from TN govt for entering back into TN while returning.

Now the thing is what precautions we need to take while in transit, will have to use, Taxis, Airport facilties, then the main airplane journey. with two inquisitve active kids, its gonna be a tall affair to ensure they dont touch any thing, keep thier masks on..
What I generally do is to Give my kid something to hold in both hands e.g. water bottle, some toy, sanitizer bottle, some imp papers (you tell them so) and they carry is responsibly during transit :)

Top Bottom