Honoured Member
Before

One side changed

Done

How to [For estilo]:

1. Remove the frame of the console.

2. Reach behind the console [simplest nd difficult][:D]

3. Twist remove the bulb.

4. Remove from blue cover, then remove from holder.

5. Cover the bulb with transparent color paper of desired color

or

Use a colored bulb.

or

Dip the bulb in glass color and dry it.

6. Put it in the holder and put it back and then fix the frame.

Done

Great DIY gangsta[:D]

I can't get my hands around the Instrument cluster.
is it advisible to remove the instrument cluster?

Thread Starter #7

deville_56

Honoured Member
Nice job Deville. But is it advisable to remove the cluster? I mean, if not done properly, any trouble may arise?
No need to remove the cluster if the holder can be removed. Connection is made through the holder via contacts. so the blb dont have direct contact with the cluster.

Good kob done. I have heard that removing cluster in many cars is a difficult job.
Removing the cluster is easy, just 4 screws. But to reach the screw you needa remove dash/steering column cover, which is big mess. But it's bit difficult to squeeze the hand through the small area to reach behind the cluster.

napster

Suspended
looks good dude, i tried doing this in my ride but it looks like i need to take my steering off to get to the bulbs as my console wont come out unless i remove my steering wheel

Thread Starter #11

deville_56

Honoured Member
looks good dude, i tried doing this in my ride but it looks like i need to take my steering off to get to the bulbs as my console wont come out unless i remove my steering wheel
Seems you got 800. Look for screws to remove the frame/front glass cover of the console. Donno how it looks like in 800 [:D]

350Z

Core Team
I too have got an 800 and napster you don't need to take out the whole seetring to get the cluster open.
Just open the screws and pull the cluster body upwards.It should work.

Drive Safe!
350Z

napster

Suspended
I too have got an 800 and napster you don't need to take out the whole seetring to get the cluster open.
Just open the screws and pull the cluster body upwards.It should work.

Drive Safe!
350Z
i tried but it dint workout, me need to remove the steering wheel for sure, the cluster wont come out if we pull it upwards coz the ac controls block it from moving upwards, only thing you can do is that you need to slide it towards you while sitting in the seat, i opened all the screws and tried,

i tried but it dint workout, me need to remove the steering wheel for sure, the cluster wont come out if we pull it upwards coz the ac controls block it from moving upwards, only thing you can do is that you need to slide it towards you while sitting in the seat, i opened all the screws and tried,
U need to unscrew two nuts directly below the steering column, to move the whole column downward. Then u can pull the dash out.
But it wont help. the plastic sheet on which the engranvings are are made itself is green coloured to go with the green bulbs. Spo changing the bulb wont help.
But i've done it. A diff idea whatsoever. Now its milky white.[cheers]

napster

Suspended
i thought ill try doing it some day later but that day dint come yet :p
hope it'll come soon. i always wanted to change it, and i will change it, all i need is some free time

Top Bottom