Instrument Cluster Color Conversion

Here is the same DIY as deville-56 did... I changed the warning lamps to Leds, aslo tried to clean the speedo light illumination using IPA solution but ended up with a DISASTER !!

When I was cleaning the rear part I dint notice, but after cleaning I noticed that the numbers are getting erased !! The 1st DIY which ended up like this..[frustration] (Near 60km mark)

Sorry for sharing in your thread deville...

Here are some pic's please share your comments..

Attachments

This is new to me I thought it cant be changed., Dilip tell me where I get the orange bulbs like tachos?

How to change colour of instrument penal of New DZire?

hello everybody, i have recently bought a suzuki dzire vdi. i like its interiors,but only one flaw is the silly orange backlited instrument cluster and other displays. i really hate these . so anybody please suggest how did i change it to blue or white colour?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: how to change colour of instrument penal of new dzire?

Just get the backlit blubs changed..

But I think in swift it comes with Led's soldered on to the circuit board, So it may be a difficult job and also your warranty would be void !

Re: How to change colour of instrument penal of New DZire?

hall everybody, i hav recently bought a suzuki dzire vdi. i like its interiors,but only one flaw is the silly orange backlited instrument cluster and other displays. i really hate these . so anybody please suggest how did i change it to blue or white colour?
Welcome to the Forum, I would advice you to stay from trying out such adventure's as varun mentioned it would surely void the warranty.

DIY Changing Instrument cluster light.

Hey fellas, I'm really bored with the dull green light in my Instrument cluster of my i10. So, changed my Instrument cluster bulbs using t5 white led bulbs but the problem is the light is still green due to the Green shade of the sheet used inside the Instrument cluster. Anyone having any idea regarding changing the sheet inside the cluster add so that it emits white light and not the dull boring green.
I read in other forums Marutis are easy to fix just change the bulb cap or replace the bulb with whichever color you want. Help would be much appreciated.

Try to sand it using 2000 grit paper..so that the green illumination / color can be removed. First try it on corner so that you wont endup damaging the entire plate.

Please check my above/ previous post, never use thinner it will remove the paint on the front too. You need to sand it behind instrument cluster.

Later on the new instrumental cluster I have used the sand paper to get rid of that green color.

Last edited:
DIY help for changing fiat punto instrument cluster lights

hey Taians,
I need help for DIY help for changing fiat punto instrument cluster dial lights to white and to change the parking lights to red lights .can anyboddy electronic guru tell me the proper 30 led/smd flashers for it [lol].

[confused][frustration]

thanks in advance.

Top Bottom