Inspecting a Used Car – An Exhaustive Guide

excellently compiled article i have ever seen on internet..forget indian websites!! [clap] very details and should help used car buyers..can someone share what other bad tricks sellers use to sell their cars??

350Z this article deals only with physical examination. Can you also add the other paper works which one should do and look out for which will make the article even better?

guys,
i have one question . one of my friend was asking me that how to verify how many owners does current car has i mean many time you see 4th owner selling car at low price but many times people don't tell and say i am first owner just to sell it on higher price . so is there way to verify how many owners has used that car ?

It will be mentioned in the original RC Mastersquall. The previous ownership would have been cancelled the vehicle ownership will be transferred to the new owner with his picture.

hmmm but in new RC only current user information is present atleast in my esteem RC . i had purchased second hand esteem or we need computer to access old information ?

I don know whether you will get information online.

Even i bought my Verna second hand but the details of the first owner are present in the RC!

Re: Inspecting a Second Hand Car – An Exhaustive Guide.

Sorry for bumping this topic again but i haven't got answer of my question .
Dhaya say that previous owner name should be there on RC but i only see my own name there :/

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team

350Z this article deals only with physical examination. Can you also add the other paper works which one should do and look out for which will make the article even better?
Sure but that will be added in our upcoming article, which is regarding selling a car.

guys,i have one question . one of my friend was asking me that how to verify how many owners does current car has i mean many time you see 4th owner selling car at low price but many times people don't tell and say i am first owner just to sell it on higher price . so is there way to verify how many owners has used that car ?
Sorry for bumping this topic again but i haven't got answer of my question . Dhaya say that previous owner name should be there on RC but i only see my own name there :/
The problem is there is a lot of mess going around in the second hand car market. Sometimes people just do not fully transfer the car on their own name and rather run it on previous owner’s (Under C/O). This is done just to benefit on the resale when they go out to sell the car again. Anyways, in genuine cases the serial number of owner is mentioned on the registration certificate itself. Please allow me some time; I have a photocopy of a second hand car’s RC, will post its picture shortly.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Fantastic thread, 350Z. Simply brilliant. Loved the way you have described about the things, usually the dealers, tweak with. It will surely help a lot of people who wish to buy a pre-owned car. Appreciate your efforts in taking the time to prepare this [clap]

hmmm but in new RC only current user information is present atleast in my esteem RC . i had purchased second hand esteem or we need computer to access old information ?
Master Squall:
Where you can see it is.
The second page in the RC book will have the printout of the vehicle details.
Along with the owner Information, Whether it has been subjected to Hypothetication.
Or the transfer to the owner's name after the loan have been repaid.

And the other way is the 1st owner might have sold the car to a dealer and he will have got only papers signed from the 1st owner.
But might have not transferred to the 2 nd owner(i.e dealer himself).

Main Reason: The car value depreciates further, if he does so.

He will be in search of a potential buyer so that he can sell it for a better price.

But one thing to be noticed is, If this dealer might have caused an accident & if there case exists then.
Even the original 1st owner will be punishable.

From the 3 rd page onwards, there will be space for Endorsements.
There the subsequent purchasers name would be mentioned.
That is where yours name would have been mentioned.

But recently all RTO's are issuing Smart Card.
To Curb this issue, And one has to transfer the car immediately after Purchase from the 1st owner.

ok i meet a dealer . he is friend of my relative . there he showed me area where it is mention about owner number of car . He told me now days they don't mention previous owner address and name as its smart card only detail of owner right now .

Now i know .

Thread Starter #29

350Z

Core Team

Fantastic thread, 350Z. Simply brilliant. Loved the way you have described about the things, usually the dealers, tweak with. It will surely help a lot of people who wish to buy a pre-owned car. Appreciate your efforts in taking the time to prepare this
Thanks a lot.

ok i meet a dealer . he is friend of my relative . there he showed me area where it is mention about owner number of car . He told me now days they don't mention previous owner address and name as its smart card only detail of owner right now. Now i know .
Good that you got to know. I'm still attaching the image for reference of others in future.

second owner rc.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great article Vibhor. I am going to use this information when looking for a car.

Top Bottom