Inputs Requested (Route Map) - Bangalore to Pondicherry

Thread Starter #1
Hello All.

I am new to TAI and it's good to be here. This is a request for information that would help me take the best route to Pondicherry (from Bangalore) for a road trip planned later this month.

I went through some of the posts and what I can make out is that the condition of the road on the Krishnagiri - Thiruvannamalai stretch is pretty bad.

What would be an ideal route for this journey? Via Chennai or via Kanchipuram?

Thanks a lot

"Aloha"

From Thiruvannamalai its hardly 100-110 kms to Pondicherry i guess.
Route had few potholes which can be easily managed.
This is the shortest route.

I have done the trip upto Thiruvannamalai but not to Pondicherry.
On this route Krishnagiri deviation towards left just besides the flyover to left.
Followed by 1st right leads to Thiruvannamalai.
You get a Ashram(Ramana Maharshi) i guess but not sure.
You can visit all these places and head towards pondicherry.

You can have a look on this thread for route upto Thiruvannamalai:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...it-golden-temple-vellore-thiruvannamalai.html

Thread Starter #3
Hi . thanks for your inputs. I checked the map and this indeed is the shortest route to Pondicherry from Bangalore. A deviation via Chennai will result in close to 500 kms of driving one way. Heartening to know that the route is not that bad ("few potholes") so in all likelihood I will stick to this one.

I read your thread - great pics and travelogue.

Thanks again.

You are right Mukesh,

aloha,
The Thiruvanamalai - Gingee - Tindivanam - Pondy is a not worst route, from thiruvanamali you can find a neat road, minimum no. of pothholes only available upto Thindivanam.

From Tindivanam to Pondy route is a newly constructed Four-Lane route. in this route you can go to "AEROVILLE", this place will come before 15-20km before Pondycherry.

Have a nice Trip & don't forgot to share the pics.[;)]

Yes +1 to Mukesh and Appu. The road from Tiruvannamalai to Dindivanam is not in top notch condition but can be easily managed even if its a hatchback.

Top Bottom