Injector Misfiring in Tata Indigo Dicor

Thread Starter #16
oh! will check it. i think the problem is with the injectors, will decarbonising clean the injectors. i would have cleaned the injectors but it isnt available in our city

update: engine is knocking under low acceleration

Last edited:
oh! will check it. i think the problem is with the injectors, will decarbonising clean the injectors. i would have cleaned the injectors but it isnt available in our city

update: engine is knocking under low acceleration

Please dont hasten up and open the injectors. They are very costly to repair and require a highyly sophasticated euqipment and well trained personnel to attend to it. Firstl I would suggest you to please have the sylencer opened up in front of you. Please cleanall the 3 mufflers and refit. This I am sure will cure your problem of black smoke.

Regards

Thread Starter #18
oh. buddy do we need to open the silencer from the manifold or is it sufficient to clean the under body. i think the catcon will be under the body.

oh. buddy do we need to open the silencer from the manifold or is it sufficient to clean the under body. i think the catcon will be under the body.
Yes open the silencer from under the body. It contains of 3 mufflers out of which the firt one frm the engine side is the CATCON. Wash throughly all the 3 mufflers on a servicing station under pressure.

As far as possible get this thing done at a local mechanic as the TASS people will be reluctant to do this job. I will try and post a few pics of the silencer and the procedure to do it.

Regards

will driving the car with black smoke for a few hundred kms harm the engine

Not really unless the CAT is fully chocked up and creating back pressure. Seesimple speaking it is like breathing in and out. Your engine breaths in through the air cleaner which is regularly serviced, cleaned and changed. Then what about breathing out ? If the silencer is choked your engine is bound to suffocate.

Its better you do it as early as possible.

By the way I had asked you about the total running you have clocked. Indica/Indigo silencer tend to get chocked up by 60-70000 kms.

Not adviced. Normally injectors are not repairable. What you can try instead is ask the mech. to replace one injector at a time and see the results. This way you can isolate the faulty injector. Also, before going for injector change, try adding System D to your fuel tank and observe any +ve changes. If nothing works, a change of injector, though costly, is the only solution.

Not adviced. Normally injectors are not repairable. What you can try instead is ask the mech. to replace one injector at a time and see the results. This way you can isolate the faulty injector. Also, before going for injector change, try adding System D to your fuel tank and observe any +ve changes. If nothing works, a change of injector, though costly, is the only solution.
CRDI injectors on DICOR engine can be repaired. But to repair you need highly sophasticated equipment and qualified personel who know their job well. But again I say it is better to confirm other things before opening the injectors. If you can get the patient well just by medicene why go for a major operation ?

Thread Starter #26
been little busy, wasnt able to go to the garage. will go in 2 days.
planning for silencer cleaning, air filter, fuel filter change. hoping they would solve the problem.

Normally injectors are not repairable
some bosch authorised service centres are fully equipped to service these crdi injectors. normal injectors are also being serviced. bad luck they arent available at our place

been little busy, wasnt able to go to the garage. will go in 2 days.
planning for silencer cleaning, air filter, fuel filter change. hoping they would solve the problem.

some bosch authorised service centres are fully equipped to service these crdi injectors. normal injectors are also being serviced. bad luck they arent available at our place

Injectors and pump on Tata Dicor engines are made by Delphi not Bosch. Bosch centre will not be having software to calibrreate Delphi pumps & injectors. So you will have to find for a service centre doing repairs of Delphi which to the best of my knowledge is not available in Vizag. You will have to take them to Lucas Indian Service at Chennai to get them
repaired.

Thread Starter #29
sorry guys, had been very busy these days.

changed the air, oil, fuel filters. fluids, removed the cat con. the acceleration is very smooth. the one injector that is misfiring is correctly positioned. but still engine is jerking & emitting black smoke. is it due to injectors or any other problem???

Fine. If you have done all the preliminery checks then take the vehicle to a Tata Motors Authorized dealer. Ask the service advisor to hook up the Diamond kit provided by Delphi-TVS to the vehicle and take the static and dynamic tests on the Fuel Injection pump and injectors. By this we will come to know the condition of the pump and injectors. The pump in your case should be working well just check the injectors for back leakage.

Again I would like to inform you that to the best of my knowledge there is no dealer who can service the pump & injectors on Tata Indigo DICOR in Vizag. Hence you will have to take the equipment to Chennai for service.

And please do not allow any person to fiddle about the injectors which may prove unncecessary costly.

Regards

Let me know the progress

Top Bottom