Indicators Problem in Maruti 800

See the diagram on the fuse box it indicates the fuse position, I guess 2 fuses are missing. Here is a pic.
You can pull out the can by pressing it on both sides.
Note : As in the pic start from left to right (it is located same in your car)
[clap] First post on TAI

Details:
Bought M800 1997 from a dealer, 65K

ICE install:
JBL limited edition speakers gto949
JBL 2 channel amp
JBL 1100 watts sub
2 pioneer tweeeters and 2 jbl speakers under the dash

Now, since day before yesterday the indicators or not working. Also, I'm having a huge headache with the electricals in my M800 (i think it is the electricals)

While driving, the sub used to go off by itself and comes back on, this problem exists for the last one and half month

Yesterday on the way to airport, i noticed the head light beam goes high and low by itself and this when exactly the sub goes off an on.

Are these all Sub, headlights and indicators innterconnected somewhere [confused]

To get these all sorted out how much would be the cost, there is a shop near my place but the area (inner KR Puram) is not to be trusted (they will surely take me for a ride), please suggest any known place any of you have been to.

Thank you

First day and first hour in the school, please tolerate my compliants [embarass]

Hi Vishnuyadav,
I own the same model and I have faced few problems with the instrument panel too. I think probably the connectors behind the instrument panel became loose. You could check that first if you haven't find the issue yet.

Hi huntphani, welcome to TAI, good to see another 800 !

Its better to get a new wiring set. It would cost you around 2k.
Our member SS80 has done it, please refer his thread.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...6379-bought-my-first-car-maruti-800-ac-9.html

I would also suggest you to start a new ownership thread of your car.
Here is the link, Ownership Reviews
Varun, I checked the whole of ss80 thread and it looks pretty complicated to me (this man ss80 has a lot of patience and brains, I got neither). I hardly have ever looked underneath the bonnet anytime and in DIY stuff I think might mess a lot of things up; like they say ‘little knowledge is too dangerous’.

You know anyone that you can refer me to fix this up? More than indicators it is the high/low voltage that is really bothering me[frustration]

Varun, I checked the whole of ss80 thread and it looks pretty complicated to me (this man ss80 has a lot of patience and brains, I got neither). I hardly have ever looked underneath the bonnet anytime and in DIY stuff I think might mess a lot of things up; like they say ‘little knowledge is too dangerous’.

You know anyone that you can refer me to fix this up? More than indicators it is the high/low voltage that is really bothering me[frustration]
Voltage ? I dint get your point. 800 is a DIY friendly car [lol].
Better got to an local electrician to fix this up.

Also for your problem of sub getting turned off, may be the alternator is not able to produce the power which your electrical accessories need.
(when head lamps & sub is turned on)

Last edited:
Hi Huntphani,
Welcome to TAI, I feel all the electrical problems you have mentioned are pointing towards your alternator. Here is some info that might help you.

Every car has a Alternator (also called as Dynamo) which is connected to the engine through belts. It works only when the engine is "ON". It's purpose is to charge the battery & supply power to everything (I mean electrical stuff installed & OEM things) you have in your car.

M800 Type1 : 30Amps or 35Amps
Esteem: 50Amps
Santro: 70Amps
Xylo: 120Amps

Our Cars (M800 Type1) have a very small (in size & power output) alternator (35A) which is not sufficient to charge battery + bright (100W bubs etc) headlights + Music System + all other indicators.

Try to find if the issues come up only when
1. Engine + ICE is on.
2. Engine + Headlight + ICE is on
3. Engine (only) is on.

Possible solutions are:
1. Swapping/ changing alternator of your car with a bigger one (like swift etc)
2. Remove ICE (I know that no one will choose this [:)])
3. Dont use ICE when headlights are switched on till you get a better alternator.

The below ones are the common mistakes we tend to do in this situation:
1. Replacing the battery only
2. Replacing stock alternator with a new MGP 35Amps one
3. Replacing whole wiring to see something drastic happens

I have already replaced whole wiring in my car, it costs around 2.5K (total kit from Minda). It takes almost half day (atleast) to do this. The new wiring kit eliminates all crazy electrical issues we usually face with old cars. It also saves us by reducing the chances of Short circuit etc.

Here is a Mega DIY done by Varun & his friend.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...5143-diy-alternator-upgrade-maruti-800-a.html

Here is a pic of Varun's car with the Swift alternator

Here is a picture of the M800 Type 1 (left side) & M800 Type 2 (right side) alternators

Here is a link to my thread, where my alternator too started troubling me. So I just swapped it with a Type 2 Alternator.

Please crosscheck if the alternator is working fine (we can meet if you need any help) & only then decide/ do anything about the swap.

Used swift alternator swap (buying + repair + installation) might cost around 5 or 6K. but its worth it, as you have a good thirsty ICE.

Ss80

Last edited:

Top Bottom