Indicab Hit My Bike Head On – Need Advice.

Thread Starter #31
Guy's i am in a big Dilemma again, one of my friend suggested me his friendly neighbourhood garage for the repair work at a reasonable cost.

Now my question to you all is

Should i give my bike at ASS? (where it will cost me a bomb)

OR

Should i trust this mechanic?(I can buy the original spares from J.C.road)

Re: Indicab Hit My Bike Head On – Need Advice.

Guy's i am in a big Dilemma again, one of my friend suggested me his friendly neighbourhood garage for the repair work at a reasonable cost.

Now my question to you all is

Should i give my bike at ASS? (where it will cost me a bomb)

OR

Should i trust this mechanic?(I can buy the original spares from J.C.road)
Well buddy if the guy is a trustworthy mechanic then definitely take this road. but yes buy the parts yourself and give it to the mechanic.

@Visran,

First go and check his capability in repairing such bikes, check with your friend properly about his experience in repairing this bike. Compare the repair cost between both of them.

You know at times it is felt bit costly at A.S.S, but the job will be done perfect without compromising on the safety aspects. Take a proper decision, if I was in your place I would prefer going to A.S.S due to the type of bike[:)]

I guess, if parts are original then you can go with any good experienced mechanic. Since the damaged part is front fork and disc brake assembly so please double check the genuinity.

In june my wife met with a small accident when a Pulsar guy had hit the Activa. There was slight bend in fork and we got it fixed at Ananda Honda Bangalore but that was total waste of money. After service there was slight bend which Honda SS not able to fix even they were not admitting it. A local mechanic had fixed it just used a hammer and charged on Rs20. So my take is if the parts are original then no harm in visiting an experienced mechanic.

Thread Starter #35
Any precaution's i should be taking while buying spares from the open market? & how to find out weather the product is original or not?

Any precaution's i should be taking while buying spares from the open market? & how to find out weather the product is original or not?
I believe Bajaj allows counter sell of spares part.You can also have offline talk with one of service centre guy and ask his opinion.

Hi Visran,

Sorry to hear about the accident[sad]. Wish you a speedy recovery. Even I met with an accident with a cabby in which my mother was injured, God's grace it was a minor one though I was very much worried at that time. My advise is lodge a complaint on this cab driver & let him pay the charges that is simply because being an employee I ve seen my own company cabbies driving like crazy despite me telling them to follow some common road sense. They need be taught a lesson[anger] as they tend to take things for granted. Also you can trust the mechanic suggested by your friend but be extra careful while choosing the spares. Hope you & you bike get back to shape soon to hit Leh[:D]. Take Care buddy.

Drive Safe
Santosh

Thread Starter #38

My advise is lodge a complaint on this cab driver & let him pay the charges that is simply because being an employee I ve seen my own company cabbies driving like crazy despite me telling them to follow some common road sense. They need be taught a lesson[anger] as they tend to take things for granted.

The incident is almost 10 days old, even though if i decide to lodge a complaint now how can i prove that the particular cabbie was involved?

be extra careful while choosing the spares.

Is there any particular shop which i can visit in J.C.road who sell only the Genuine spares?

Hope you & you bike get back to shape soon to hit Leh.

Thanks a lot for your wishes, even am eager to get back in shape to accomplish the project LEH[;)].
Any other suggestion for a known Garage who does quality work?

Hi Visran,

The incident is almost 10 days old, even though if i decide to lodge a complaint now how can i prove that the particular cabbie was involved?
See in this case you are the only evidence who can prove things as you have met with the accident, also you cannot gave a cab number just like that as there are thousands of cab. If there is a question stating what took you so long or something then you can probably justify stating you were on bed rest. Also when a cabbie is involved in these police issue they cant afford to roam for station & end up for a settlement.

Is there any particular shop which i can visit in J.C.road who sell only the Genuine spares?
There is one shop which is daiognally opposite to BDA parking, the first right leads you to a spare shop which one is Ideally a well known spare shop, will try to recollect the name & let you know.

Drive Safe
Santosh

Thread Starter #40

There is one shop which is daiognally opposite to BDA parking, the first right leads you to a spare shop which one is Ideally a well known spare shop, will try to recollect the name & let you know.

Drive Safe
Santosh
Buddy still awaiting for the shop info

Top Bottom