Indica Vista QJD Idling Noise

Thread Starter #1
My 17 month old Indica Vista QJD makes a strange sound when the car is in idling. The diesel clatter increase when iam inside the cabin and the sound comes from the left side of the engine.[frustration]

Initially the sound was smooth before this report of the problem, the clatter sound goes off when the clutch is depressed and the sound reappears again when the clutch is engaged. I have clocked 14700Km in 15 months.

I showed the car to the local ASS and the supervisor mentioned that it could be clutch bearing issue. But the actual point is that the clutch is working fine without any issues.

The drivability of the car is not at all hampered by these issues and is performing quite well.

I would like to get some leads on this issue before tackling with the ASS.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Well in my case it is the clutch bearing(Ritz VDI) but i have clocked 60k kms and i started noticing it just recently may be a 1000kms earlier, the SA says its normal and told me to wait for the clutch overhaul which may be due in another 10k kms.

But in your case it is tad early. Get it(the bearing) replaced under warranty.

Thread Starter #5
Yes it was a correct diagnosis from the ASS. Now iam waiting for the warranty replacement for the part. Iam waiting to hear from the ASS.

On the flip side, if i choose to wait for the clutch replacement after sufficient runs, then same can be done as the actual perfoRmance is nowhere compromised. Iam sceptical about opening of the GB assembly by the vendor.

Top Bottom