India's Most Trusted Auto Brand

Most trusted auto brand in India?

• Total voters
Toyota is gaining the reputation at the moment. Can say hyundai, mahindra and TATA also as a most trusted auto brand here in india. Maruti, once time has to say. [:)]

I Find maruti cars quite overpriced to the features they offer.
Their USP being their A.S.S And hence better resale value but i see now with people shifting their focus to higher value cars maruti could lose their title of the most trusted brand.
Btw i would say neutral for the vote because i have experienced cars all from a single company. :tongue:

Maruti as an auto brand is highly trusted in India.

But when we say most trusted, then Toyota takes that credit. A car like Etios is also selling like hot cakes... Nothing but blind trust in brand Toyota.

Oopps, I dint see Maruti, so voted for Toyota. Anyways, even Toyota is trusted.

Should Skoda, TATA, FIAT & Nissan be even included in the poll? They are far from trusted!

Should Skoda, TATA, FIAT & Nissan be even included in the poll? They are far from trusted!
TATA is also trusted by many people. Atleast it deserves a place in the poll. How do you explain so many Taxi companies opting for TATA vehicles without trust. IF M&M and GM deserve a place then TATA also deserves.

Thread Starter #21

Just on the lighter side, as on this date and time, the second most trusted brands as per the poll results are Tata and Toyota (both at 11.54%) ! :biggrin:

i agree people just blindly trust maruti but now its toyota also. see car like etios its done wonder for toyota in india! [frustration]

TATA is also trusted by many people. Atleast it deserves a place in the poll. How do you explain so many Taxi companies opting for TATA vehicles without trust. IF M&M and GM deserve a place then TATA also deserves.
The only TATA vehicles which taxi companies buy is the Indica & Indigo & IMO that is because they are the cheapest diesel hatch/sedan available... and not because they trust them.

Call centre guys buy Sumos because its again the cheapest diesel 9 seater available.

Just on the lighter side, as on this date and time, the second most trusted brands as per the poll results are Tata and Toyota (both at 11.54%) ! :biggrin:
Ironical, isnt it? Anyways, we all know the reason for this! No questions asked on personal preferences!

Last edited:
That's because Indicas and Indigos are cheaper to buy. They normally buy non-CRDi. They are always serviced by private mechanics and spares(both original and spurious) are also available freely. Since their aim is to make the car run, cheaper to work on Tatas are their preferred choice. Have you seen the condition of those call taxis?

Crazy cat: There is difference between trust & quality.

Tata motors can not withstand candle to Honda & Toyota (barring Etios, maybe) for quality. But we can not say the same thing about trust. Atleast I know nothing of such a tool (other than such opinion poll) to determine the trust other people have on a certain thing or brand.

So lets not go into brand bashing and accept the opinion of others.

The only TATA vehicles which taxi companies buy is the Indica & Indigo & IMO that is because they are the cheapest diesel hatch/sedan available... and not because they trust them.

Call centre guys buy Sumos because its again the cheapest diesel 9 seater available.
That's because Indicas and Indigos are cheaper to buy. They normally buy non-CRDi. They are always serviced by private mechanics and spares(both original and spurious) are also available freely. Since their aim is to make the car run, cheaper to work on Tatas are their preferred choice. Have you seen the condition of those call taxis?
Raj: you have mentioned all TATA vehicles except Nano and Safari[:)]. Tata Indica, Indigo, Sumos are cheaper and more FE and also they are trustworthy. Those are VFM products. Cheap doesnot mean they produce unsafe & unreliable vehicles. I donot mean to say that they are the better vehicle than Maruti, toyota honda etc. Even though I own a TATA Manza car, I voted for Maruti only because comparatively its better than TATA . What I wanted to say is that TATA is atleast worthy to be a competitor in this poll. I donot want any brand bashing argument to be done here. just said that TATA is atleast worth a mention here[:)]

Last edited:
Raj: you have mentioned all TATA vehicles except Nano and Safari[:)].. I donot mean to say that they are the better vehicle than Maruti, toyota honda etc. Even though I own a TATA Manza car, I voted for Maruti only because comparatively its better than TATA . I donot want any brand bashing argument to be done here. just said that TATA is atleast worth a mention here[:)]
But it needs to improve a lot!

Tata Indica, Indigo, Sumos are cheaper and more FE and also they are trustworthy Those are VFM products
Those are VFM because the "quality is compromised"

Cheap doesnot mean they produce unsafe & unreliable vehicles.
So it would be only in context to Cab/Taxi purposes.
Isn't Beat Diesel VFM for you?

What I wanted to say is that TATA is atleast worthy to be a competitor in this poll
Better than Nissan,Skoda,VW atleast.

Raj: you have mentioned all TATA vehicles except Nano and Safari[:)]. Tata Indica, Indigo, Sumos are cheaper and more FE and also they are trustworthy. Those are VFM products. Cheap doesnot mean they produce unsafe & unreliable vehicles. I donot mean to say that they are the better vehicle than Maruti, toyota honda etc. Even though I own a TATA Manza car, I voted for Maruti only because comparatively its better than TATA . What I wanted to say is that TATA is atleast worthy to be a competitor in this poll. I donot want any brand bashing argument to be done here. just said that TATA is atleast worth a mention here[:)]
We currently have a Indica Dicor DLG(over 50k kms). It might be cheaper to maintain (not a big difference for regular servicing when compared with Swift), but it has lots of niggles. There are lot of things that are of below par quality, like the power windows which sometimes fails to work and the wipers are effective only for a short time and the headlamp is a disaster. Over the period, brake pedal's travel started to increase and anything above 80 kph wheels tend to lock up easily. Instead of this, I would like to pay marginally high(Maruti) prices for better quality.

How old is your Manza(year/km)?

Mine is 5 months old. I know of a 2005 model Indigo in my family which is still serving good and has never let us down. I also dont want to go OT. My argument was that TATA is worth a mention as far as trust is concerned. Am not saying it shd be given No.1 position. i just said it can also compete with others.

Top Bottom