India's Most Overrated and Underrated Cars.

Most of the TATA cars are highly under-rated. [anger]

Nano, Indica, Vista, Manza, Sumo to list a few.
:agree: AS the trend continues the newer products from Tata also face this issue of being under-rated just because they belong to a family which was always under-rated from the very beginning.

Tata Aria had to face this issue even being a good product in its first version itself.

Thread Starter #20
:agree: AS the trend continues the newer products from Tata also face this issue of being under-rated just because they belong to a family which was always under-rated from the very beginning.

Tata Aria had to face this issue even being a good product in its first version itself.
Tata aria I agree it is really a very very nice product the base 4 x2 model is vfm product considering the features,comfort,space ride and handling it offers.

AS the trend continues the newer products from Tata also face this issue of being under-rated just because they belong to a family which was always under-rated from the very beginning. Tata Aria had to face this issue even being a good product in its first version itself.
One should not undermine the quality of service and maintenance while rating a product,in this case Tata products deserves it.

It is like ,what is the point of owning a sports car if you cant get right fuel for it ,and call it underrated?
Right fuel, maintenance , warranty and healthy communication is the key for success of a Automotive related product.

when it comes to Tata's service support I will rate only 2/10 with 3 years of experience dealing with them.(though fiat has improved a lot there)

Care to elaborate how these cars seem to be underrated?
Yeah definitely:-
1):Honda Jazz:Being such a fab car with fantastic flexibility,comfort,performance and FE,still its not selling(blame bookings for that).Although,I think its still not that underrated..[:)]

2):Skoda Yeti:People don't know what sort of car this really is,but just think of it as a 'chhoti gaadi(small car at very big price)and leave it.

3):Ford Endy:It is such a fabulous SUV,but after the entry of Fortuner,its seldom that we find a new endy on the roads.In other words,people haven't even tried it out the way they did with fortuner.

Under-rated -

Chevy captiva,
Eon,
CR-V. This lost just because it didn't offer diesel. It did good nos earlier though.

Most over-rated -

Alto

We have in India now many cars which inspite of being great never clicked with the market and some inspite of not being so great clicked in our market which according to you are the most overrated cars and underrated cars running on Indian roads .you are free to list cars form any segments and they can be SUVs and sedans, hatches too.
Here's my list
Overrated
1) wagon r
2) swift
4) i10.
5) Toyota fortuner

Unrated
1) fiat punto/ linea
2) Renault fluence
3) Renault pulse
4) chevorlet spark.
5) tata aria.
6) Honda jazz.
Highly overrated cars " ALL HONDA CARS" [evil]

Highly underrated cars ALL " FIAT CARS". [frustration]

Underrated normally means a good/capable car which is not selling in good numbers or has received a lot of flak/criticism.

Overrated means a bad/not so good car which is selling in huge numbers or has received a lot of appreciation.

What does underrate and overrated here in TAI means?
Medium of language in TAI is regular English, so please dont get misunderstood..

Underrated normally means a good/capable car which is not selling in good numbers or has received a lot of flak/criticism.

Overrated means a bad/not so good car which is selling in huge numbers or has received a lot of appreciation.
plus one to that.
And people opined about obsolete and outdated cars ..and the chaos .

the title asked "MOST" but people have classified all the car available in India either under or overrated

Last edited:
Take it this way guys,in fact let me give two examples:-
1):Maruti Suzuki DZire:This car hasn't got any special treatment,neither ride,handling,safety,comfort any thing you name and you will find that this car has all the ingredients but not in sufficient amount,still its ruling the market...ITS CALLED OVERRATED

2):Fiat Punto:Definitely good car,solid built,decent performer(I haven't said great),good FE,great ride and handling as well as safety...still Punto is not selling in even 1/4th of the numbers it deserve..ITS CALLED UNDERRATED...Am I right guys?

1):Maruti Suzuki DZire:This car hasn't got any special treatment,neither ride,handling,safety,comfort any thing you name and you will find that this car has all the ingredients but not in sufficient amount,still its ruling the market...ITS CALLED OVERRATED

2):Fiat Punto:Definitely good car,solid built,decent performer(I haven't said great),good FE,great ride and handling as well as safety...still Punto is not selling in even 1/4th of the numbers it deserve..ITS CALLED UNDERRATED...Am I right guys?

Thread Starter #30

You are spot on

Top Bottom