India's 3 Cities in Top 10 Worst Traffic Conditions in the World!

Thread Starter #1
Mumbai, Pune and Kolkata finds a place in the list.

The ranking is arranged based on a combination of factors, including the average time spent by a commuter on a one-way trip. Traffic Index which is a composite index of time consumed in traffic due to job commute, estimation of time consumption dissatisfaction, CO2 consumption estimation in traffic and overall inefficiencies in the traffic system.

This is just the base of the problem as it leads to other issues like road rage and even reckless driving, thus accidents. There is a need to address these issues and this table just shows the gravity of the problem we have on our hands.

The website has also divided it into sections like Time Index, which is an average one way time needed to transport, in minutes. Time Exp. Index which is an estimation of dissatisfaction due to long commute times. It assumes that the dissatisfaction of commute times increases exponentially with each minute after one way commute time is longer than 25 minutes.
pollution-table_650x310_41422525194.jpg

Three Indian Cities in the Top 10 List Of Worst Traffic Conditions in the World - News

I second TSIVipul thought !! There is a famous saying in marathi language that "If you drive in Pune, you can drive anywhere in this world".

I would like to say that road condition and traffic is getting more worse hour after hour.

After driving in Bangalore, I found Mumbai traffic is more disciplined. People give side,respect turn indicator etc. I think Bangalore was out of race as there was no term to define Bangalore Traffic [;)]

bhvm

Honoured Member
I vote for surat and Bangalore to be added to the list.
I had a surat trip last week and travelling 2km takes 2 hours! not to mention heavy risk of bikers scratches and damages!

I second TSIVipul thought !! There is a famous saying in marathi language that "If you drive in Pune, you can drive anywhere in this world".

I would like to say that road condition and traffic is getting more worse hour after hour.
Come to Kolkata my friend. You would change that statement. I am born and brought up in Kolkata and there fore learnt to drive / ride here. I was in Mumbai for work for about 5 years and regularly used to commute to Pune as well for drives.

Trust me Kolkata is a pain. My friends in Mumbai was scared/ surprised by the way I used to ride my bike specially, overtaking from the left. Couldn't help it, that,s how it is in Kolkata. Driving in Mumbai was a relief for me. Specially thanks to the Western Express highway.In Kolkata for a 21km commute from home to office it takes me 2 hrs and because of that a whopping 9k in fuel bills because and always stuck in traffic.

I was in Pune (City) for 4 years and now in Bangalore for last 4 years. Anytime, Bangalore traffic is worst than Pune. Not sure how Pune made it to 2nd number when Bangalore is no where in the scene.

No surprise to see Mumbai in the list. But I would not blame traffic sense for all the time. IMO infrastructure is equally contributing here. I have observed that in south mumbai (colaba, CST, Nariman Point etc) traffic sense is pretty good even taxi driver's are driving the car sensibly. Even if plenty of vehicles on the road, traffic moves smoothly. But as you go towards North (dadar, bandra, andheri, kurla, ghatkopar, malad, kandivali, borivali) you find traffic sense getting worse. This is my observation (no offense) [;)]. I think suburb's infrastructure is not enough to accommodate the number of vehicles on the road in today's scenario. Traffic sense also make the situation worse. [frustration]

Chennai should be the first on the list. Dunno how this list was compiled.
The city records more road accidents than any other metropolis in the country — 9,705 accidents left 1,247 people dead and 8,700 injured in 2013 — and police officers, experts and regular road users all agree that the proclivity of Chennai's motorists to blatantly disregard traffic rules is to blame more than anything else.

The situation on the streets is so bad that commuters are usually at first outraged, then prone to road rage and, later, turn resigned to what irredeemable circumstances.

source:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...geid=36426978&intenttarget=no&r=1429593632402

Bangalore missed by an error for sure. There are so many constructions of sub ways,underpass,over pass and metro happening that people think that there is no traffic issues in Bangalore.To be frank,Bangalore already lost it, as there is no planning and the authorities wake up late.All those work goes nowhere as there are many bottlenecks and unscientific designs.On a rainy day come and see any part of Bangalore city and suburbans,one will know what a mess Bangalore-ans are in.On another take,they had not taken Bangalore at all in this comparison,as Bangalore is not a city,its just an overgrown village ?

Top Bottom