Indian RTO Goof Ups!

Shynish no use visiting the RTO! You would waste a day's work if you go there and probably will not even get your job done.

Hi guys,
My RC has spelling mistakes in my name,my father's name and in my address.
1.DR SACHIN SRIVATAVA( dropped a S)
2.C M SRIASTAVA( dropped a V)
3. -57,IFFCO TOWNSHIP(its C-57,IFFCO TOWNSHIP so dropped a C)[frustration]
Is this okay or it will cause a problem in future,what should i do??[confused]

Thread Starter #35

350Z

Core Team
My driving license reads the blood group as “U” instead of “O”. All thanks to RTO. :biggrin:
-57,IFFCO TOWNSHIP(its C-57,IFFCO TOWNSHIP so dropped a C)
This might create unwanted hassles in future. Please bring it to their attention soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thanks 350z,
i have asked about this to 2 relevant persons(one is a rto broker and one is some officer working there,don't remember the exact designation)and they said i don't have to worry.on the other hand if i will try to rectify then it will be a headache for me so i am a bit confused .If i want to get it right what steps should be done or i will have to contact some reliable broker for this?

Nairrk

Honoured Member
gle-bs6.jpg

Imagine buying your dream SUV after long years of hard work and your RTO denying its ‘post-lockdown’ registration accusing it to be a BS4 unit even when all the associated documents prove the other way! Well, this Mercedes Benz GLE owner from Kothamangalam, Kerala seems to have just had this bitter experience! We first saw this news on the leading Vernacular YouTube channel Pilot On Wheels. Here is what we know about this yet…

The BS4- BS6 game has gotten too far in India. The honourable Supreme Court had earlier declared the BS6 regulations to kick in on April 1, 2020 and that no BS4 vehicle would be sold in India thereafter. However, the pandemic breakout and the associated lockdown made the court extend the deadline further by a month. The 30th of April is the new deadline for getting BS4 vehicles registered in India.

This Mercedes Benz owner ranks among the first few customers of the all-new Mercedes GLE in India. He had been driving his car with the temporary registration plate on, until when the nation went into the lockdown. However, with a few days left for the new deadline to kick in, he was asked by the Kothamangalam RTO to get his car registered before the 30th of April or never! Even when the Form 20 issued by the carmaker certifies the car to be both ‘Bharat Stage 4 and Bharat Stage 6 compliant’, this Kerala RTO finds it to be a BS4 vehicle!

Read:

I have encountered a unique discrepancy in the R C card of my Classic 350,
The month of manufacture in the RC is written 06.2012 i.e. June 2012.
But when I decoded the Chasis and engine number It has the Alphabet 'C' for the year which is indeed 2012 and 'L' for the Month i.e. October(RE skips I & J in month alphabetting order)
So as per my chasis and engine details my bike is October manufactured, which makes sense now as it was delivered in november. But as per R C records it is a June manufactured?

Another surprise, my R C mentions Seating capacity as 2, which is fine for all 2 wheelers.
But it shows standing capacity 4 [shock]! That means I can have legally 4 people standing on my Classic while riding[lol].

Can any one throw light on why there discrepancies? Attaching pic of my RC
IMG_20210115_093710.jpg

deville_56

Honoured Member
I have encountered a unique discrepancy in the R C card of my Classic 350,
The month of manufacture in the RC is written 06.2012 i.e. June 2012.
But when I decoded the Chasis and engine number It has the Alphabet 'C' for the year which is indeed 2012 and 'L' for the Month i.e. October(RE skips I & J in month alphabetting order)
So as per my chasis and engine details my bike is October manufactured, which makes sense now as it was delivered in november. But as per R C records it is a June manufactured?

Another surprise, my R C mentions Seating capacity as 2, which is fine for all 2 wheelers.
But it shows standing capacity 4 [shock]! That means I can have legally 4 people standing on my Classic while riding[lol].

Can any one throw light on why there discrepancies? Attaching pic of my RC
View attachment 284610
Data entry errors. RTO can be notified and corrected if desired.

Top Bottom