Indian RTO Goof Ups!

Thread Starter #17

350Z

Core Team
LMV, HMV etc. are vehicle’s category in general, what we are discussing here is about car’s body type. I think LMV is on my RC too, but what’s the body type mentioned on yours?

Drive Safe,
350Z

even my five year old indica is stated as saloon in my RC book.wow seems the same theory across nation for hatchbacks.

LMV, HMV etc. are vehicle’s category in general, what we are discussing here is about car’s body type. I think LMV is on my RC too, but what’s the body type mentioned on yours?

Drive Safe,
350Z
i didnt find anything like body type on my rc will check it again tomorrow

The problem here is they only have these words in use officially. In other words there is no hatchback,SUV or Sedan in the Motor Vehicle Act or related Acts. There weren't any SUVs or cars that were called as such as well as hatchbacks when the Act was first made and so these terms were not needed back then. And these are not mistakes on the part of the authorities. The problem is that the Acts and Rules have to be amended and these terms added in sync with the present times.

Last edited:
And my Safari is registered as sedan Mukesh!![frustration]

But Jalex my Safari purchased in 2006 is registered as sedan but Mukesh who bought it later than me got it registered as Saloon! Yeah its not the mistake of the authorities but they should have updated the amendments about 20 years ago itself!

But Jalex my Safari purchased in 2006 is registered as sedan but Mukesh who bought it later than me got it registered as Saloon! Yeah its not the mistake of the authorities but they should have updated the amendments about 20 years ago itself!
My friend had his Safari registered from Kerala,2002 model and its an 'Omni Bus for private use'.
Amendments might be made only when the people in power are ones, who's completed schooling and are able to spell "Automobile" properly[lol].
Kerala for instance, has a government that thinks that the roads are meant for holding up people and conducting party meetings. How much worse can things be than that ? Talk about "100% literacy and God's own 'I really dont know what anymore' "?
Policy makers as of for now, most of them are national waste grade and are a burden on the nation, and we ourselves are responsible to a great extent for having them run the country.

Last edited:

Saloon & sedan are same.
Refer post 23.

Last edited:

Top Bottom