Indian Oil Xtra Premium Reward Points Fraud

Thread Starter #1
Today I did a tank full costing Rs.2799.87/- at Nandan Service Station near Britannia industries, ring road, Delhi. I was told the machine is not working. The last time i did a tankfull the same thing happened so i said to myself that today i will update both points. On my way checked with Naraina ring road Indian Oil outlet and I was told the same. After work I was returning home so checked with Dhaula Kuan Indian Oil outlet. Their machine is not working again. Thought of giving a last try at Pusa circle Indian Oil outlet. Was happy to know that their machine is working. Parked my car and took the bill so that I could update my points on my card. They simply denied stating that they cannot update and I should go to the petrol pump where I filled the petrol. I told the this is not how it works and I can update my points in any Indian Oil outlet given I have the bill, and I was holding the bill in my hand.They spoke rudely and not ready to listen my plea and in the heat of frustration I broke the card in pieces and threw in front of them. This is total fraud by Indian oil to woo customer making us go pillar to post for nothing. And what do you get in return? Utensils... Great. [frustration]

this is the worst thing that can ever happen
Up here if they advertise something they have to do it. If they can't they are in trouble
I remember when I bought my Headunit in store it was for 135$ and when I check online the same day was $99.
He goes nah its not.
Then I showed him and he had to give it to me for 99 .

Indian dealers are so rude , I would tell them to get stuffed

This is really sad and buddy, i do understand your frustration. Somehow, this happens very often in India. The companies do start such promotions but when it comes to creating awareness among the local vendors, these firms fail which leads to such issues.

When getting an unadultrated petrol is a rare thing in our country , forget the offers.

Even i have seen some caps/t shirts thing in the pump near my home for 500 and 1000/- of petrol.

they didn't give me anything , nor i didn't make a point to ask. - may be if ..

Dear tlchang77,
Sorry about the incident but we should learn to live with these kind of things. Don't let those guys to spoil your day. A day in our life is more worth than those things..
I have an HPCL card from Icici but most of the HP bunks don't have ICICI swiping machine and I end up paying the surcharge.. The same case with my Indian Oil card from Citibank too. Things of these kind will happen everyday in our life and we should not let these things to spoil our day.

@tlchang77: Its so sad to hear this, you shoudn't have torn the proof you had with you.
Always keep your cool.

How ever do give a feedback to IOC here:Feedback System

As per what i have heard, they do solve the customer's grievances.

Thread Starter #8
I did write to them (customer care). Got an instant system generated reply with a reference number. In the evening I got a call from a polite cust. Representative and said that they are extremely sorry for what I had to go through. Seems they have identified the filling stations and will take strict action and will make sure nothing of this sort happens in the future. He promised to send me a new card in a day or two and gave me his personal number if I face any problem. I'm impressed at how they responded, but that's how it is supposed to be right [clap]. I have three pending bills to be updated and I am taking those who denied me and see their faces. :biggrin:Thanks for your support guys.
Chang.

I did write to them (customer care). Got an instant system generated reply with a reference number. In the evening I got a call from a polite cust. Representative and said that they are extremely sorry for what I had to go through. Seems they have identified the filling stations and will take strict action and will make sure nothing of this sort happens in the future. He promised to send me a new card in a day or two and gave me his personal number if I face any problem. I'm impressed at how they responded, but that's how it is supposed to be right [clap]. I have three pending bills to be updated and I am taking those who denied me and see their faces. :biggrin:Thanks for your support guys.
Chang.
That's cool to know.

Let your words hit the person, rather than showing your frustration.

Next time if a outlet refuses then ask for complaint book, and do take a bill as proof.

Top Bottom