Indian Formula-1 Grand Prix Exclusive Coverage (Pictures and Report)

Nice coverage there Vibhor.

How far was Fillipe Massa's crash from your seat?
Though he had qualified, he had a bad crash on that turn.

Expecting more tomorrow, and vibhor do put your cam into Steady shot mode for excellent images, and you can manage to click pics well.

Heard that tomorrow Sachin's gone a flag the race day start.

Ha ha ha....Rofl [lol]

What were those Tata ace and tourist bus doing on F1 track.

And how was the thrill & sound of an F1 car?

Thread Starter #36

350Z

Core Team
How far was Fillipe Massa's crash from your seat?
Though he had qualified, he had a bad crash on that turn.
That was a bad crash indeed. It was just a little far away from us. (Note Post #31)

Expecting more tomorrow, and vibhor do put your cam into Steady shot mode for excellent images, and you can manage to click pics well.
Thanks for the tip. Really need it to capture best possible pictures.

Heard that tomorrow Sachin's gone a flag the race day start.
Yes. Shahrukh Khan and Gaurav Gill will be present as well.

And how was the thrill & sound of an F1 car?
Absolutely thrilling. :smile: Have some exciting videos with me, will upload them in a couple of days.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great coverage of the Indian Grand Prix!
Can't wait to see more!

So much pride at the end of an excellent event.
Kudos! Wish I could have caught it live though, but there's always a next time [:D]

The in depth coverage is truly inspiring. You must have had a brilliant time at the Grand Prix. Do share personal highlights, if any.
Vettel did dominate as usual, from start to finish, to be winner of our first GP. Felt bad for Hamilton, but Schumi's driving did manage to keep the fans happy
An overall exciting race day!!

What a great weekend was an awesome experience to watch the race and those rumbling engines should be heard live to experience the thrill full of adrenaline and excitement

At last India is now on the global motorsport map which is a proud moment for us.

But i would also like to highlight the pain the common man had to went through due to mismanagement on part of jaypee group. All the roads towards Noida were choc-a-bloc. Then there was 20km traffic jam on the expressway towards the track then traffic was stopped at the entry point due to some stupid vip movement . Those traffic marshal were very lucky that they were not trashed by the people imagine a person who has spend couple of thousand for a ticket and not allowed to enter.
Also dust was a major issue near the stands and food outlets it was total unhygienic situation.
Jaypee should have predetermined the rush and should have arranged alternate routes to the track

I took me 4 hours to reach the track 2.5 hrs wasted in traffic was able to see only 18 laps , some people were not even so lucky ( they saw only 5-10 laps) and were really angry.

The race was fantastic. The commentators could not find fault with the track and arrangements except the comment about the marshalls flag malfunction. The most disgusting part of the race was Mayawati giving away the winners trophy.

Thread Starter #42

350Z

Core Team
Congrats India, Congrats Organizers and Congrats Vettle. All hard work has been paid off. For those who were criticizing earlier - Innaugral Indian Grand Prix 2011 has been a tremendous success. This is truly one of the best and unforgettable experiences of my life until now. More exhaustive information and pictures coming soon.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Excellent coverage! Thanks for sharing these pics Vibhor. [clap] Can't wait to see the pics of the race.
First Indian F1 G.P. was indeed a great success.
The official merchandise is all very attractive. Did you buy anything? Not being in the Main Stand, were you able to catch the award ceremony on the podium?

Thread Starter #44

350Z

Core Team
Sunday, 30th October 2011 was a day full of excitement not only amongst the audience but also amongst the organizers and of course, the real heroes – Formula 1 Drivers, because it was after all the concluding day of Indian Grand Prix - 2011. This time, I chose to arrive in a car unlike the initial day, when I was uncertain whether there’s a proper parking facility for those who did not book the car parking online. Later on upon inquiring, I came to know that those without car parking passes can park their cars in Knowledge Park – II and instead use the feeder bus service provided by BIC. And that’s what I did. Quite expectedly, the rush was so extreme that one could easily make out that most of the vehicles on expressway were heading towards Buddh International Circuit. There were long queues to catch feeder buses, which finally led us to entrance of the venue. From here on, now we had to catch the Circuit Shuttles (They had pathetic service in evenings) to reach at the respective zones. After this complete chaos, finally I was at sitting on my designated seat to witness the first ever Formula-1 race event right here in India. Though JK Racing Asia Series was still being carried on by now, and I could only catch a glimpse of last few laps of it for next 15 minutes.

After JK Racing Asia Series race was over at 12:30 PM – now wait was pretty much long since the Formula 1 Grand Prix Race was scheduled to happen at 3 o’ clock. However, organizers had stored in some great ways to keep the public entertained, amongst which the biggest surprise was the vintage car rally, which was no ordinary car rally. It was a brilliant occasion to say a big ‘Hello!’ to renowned Formula 1 drivers who were going to heat the track in next few hours. It was such an occasion which does not comes in your life every day. The first person to arrive in vintage car was our very own Narain Karthikeyan followed by Daniel Ricardo, Mark Webber (Holding Indian Flag), Adrian Sutil, Paul Di Resta and so on. But do I need to tell who the limelight among all was? Michael Schumacher needs no introduction. As soon as his car reached to our stand, the spectators were hooting, shouting, clicking and waving like crazy, and I cannot think of a reason why they won’t do so. Sebastian Vettle, Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa were greeted with almost as much charm and enthusiasm. Time was passing on and I could sense my pulse rate increasing. In some time, a couple of Buddh International Circuit Helicopters took off in the sky to take an overall view of circuit, while the circuit land itself was being graced by two spectacular Mercedes SLS Safety Cars which halted on each zone of the track to greet the Marshalls. Though I am still not able to make out clearly but it was being said by the audience that Bernie Ecclestone was in of them – That is awesome, if that was the case.

On this occasion, Indian Formula 1 GP also released their fantastic theme song “Hum Mein Raftar, Jeetai Baar Baar” crooned by Daler Mahendi and co-sung by singers like Leslie Lewis, Lucky Ali and KK. You can also listen to this song in of the videos below which I have recorded. Before the last few minutes of flagging of the race, there was a tribute through two minute silence to famous personalities in motorsports who have recently lost their life - Marco Simoncelli and Dan Wheldon, followed by India’s national anthem.

Finally, the wait was over. It was the moment for which entire India was eagerly looking forward to, and made us extremely proud. After a few warm up laps, all the Formula 1 cars formed the grid, with Red Bull Driver Sebastian Vettle holding the pole position and Sachin Tendulkar finally flagged off the race. 3, 2, 1 Go! Whatever happened in the next couple of hours is an absolutely unforgettable experience which I probably will never be able to correctly describe in words. That was like sitting in a different world altogether with fast and loud formula cars zipping past in seconds. The race was over all really very exciting. As soon as Sebastian passed off the chequered flag with first position, the entire circuit was surrounded with hooting and claps. Later on, all the Formula 1 cars took a round of circuit at slow speed with track marshals lined up on track and waving their flags. Back to the podium, The Indian Grand Prix 2011 Champion, Sebastian Vettle, was awarded the trophy by Mayawati, Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, followed by the traditional Champagne Ceremony.

The public left with a very positive reaction after end of this grand event and a big smile and enthusiasm was clearly noticeable. I attended all three days of this event and the response on the final day was totally incredible. One would have never expected that those empty seats will be completely filled up at last day, on last moment. Guess, it was the effect of sudden ticket price cut by the organizers. However, I also agree with those who feel that tickets were priced tad too high for a common person like us (even after price cut), but it was totally worth it. I realize that motorsports is an expensive affair and it has taken a lot of investment to build up this circuit. So with this fact in mind, I'd also consider purchasing the tickets as a small contribution from my end to support this huge initiative in India which was only a dream of many of us until years ago. All in all, it was a perfect way to celebrate the long weekend. In other words, I would say, this was the actual Diwali for me. I’m proud that motorsports on a large level has now ‘officially’ entered in India. It was a moment of pride to witness first ever Indian Grand Prix. This has been indeed an unforgettable experience, an experience of a lifetime. :smile:

Top Bottom