Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets - Now On Sale.

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Yes, the F1 fever is back. Just a while ago, we recovered back to our routine from the F1 fever because of the first ever Formula – 1 race in India but to stir up the enthusiasm again in the automotive aficionados, the tickets for next race are on sale already. Apart from the season tickets, also available is the final day race ticket for grandstand for just Rs.20,000 as a part of early bird offer. Following are the starting prices for season tickets (26th – 28th October 2012):

- Natural Stand: Rs.3,500

- Picnic Stand: Rs.3,500

- Classic Stand: Rs.6,500

- Star Stand: Rs.8,500

- Premium Stand: Rs.14,000

- Grand Stand: Rs.30,000

Online Bookings: FORMULA 1 2012 AIRTEL GRAND PRIX OF INDIA Tickets on BookMyShow - Vrrrrooom!!! And it's gone!

Snaps from the launch function of Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets:

Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets 1.jpg

Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets 2.jpg

Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets 3.jpg

Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets 4.jpg

Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets 5.jpg

Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets 6.jpg

Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets 7.jpg

Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets 8.jpg

Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets 9.jpg

Indian F1 GP 2012 Tickets 10.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #2

350Z

Core Team
Car parking tickets (Rs.500) for circuit are available with purchase of two F1 tickets. Following is the list of locations from where the F1 race tickets can be purchased:

- New Delhi
Mercedes T & T MOTORS,
Okhla - Plot no. 212, Okhla Industrial Estate, Phase 3

- Gurgoan
Mercedes Gurgaon
Global foyer, Golf Course Road, Sector 43, Gurgaon

- Noida
JPSI Counter
Noida Sec - 128 - Jaypee Head Office, Sector 128, Noida - 201304, Distt. Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P)

- Greater Noida
Buddh International Circuit (BIC) - Jaypee Sports City Sector 25, YEIDA, Along Yamuna Expressway, Gautam Budh Nagar, UP, India

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
why selling tickets very early??
Simple. The interest earned during this period will help organizers to recover the cost of circuit. :wink:

are we gonna get any booking space in september??
Can’t say. Of late, popularity of F1 has seen a sudden boost in India. Last time many seats were vacant during the practice session but final day was jam-packed. I’m expecting much more audience this time.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Guys, which of the low price stands (Rs.3500 & Rs.6500) has the best view of the track? May be those who had seen the race at the circuit last year can suggest.

Thread Starter #8

350Z

Core Team
Guys, which of the low price stands (Rs.3500 & Rs.6500) has the best view of the track? May be those who had seen the race at the circuit last year can suggest.
I do not recommend natural or picnic stand unless one is too short of budget. Classic stand is the entry-level pick to be able to really enjoy the race. Last time I opted for Classic Stand East (Near T8) and was extremely satisfied with the decision. This location provides a clear view of cars approaching from T7 until T10 and then again in the front from T11 to T14. Turn backwards and there’s a nice view of T4 as well from the fences. :smile: Check out this link for some photographs: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-prix-exclusive-coverage-pictures-report.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

I suggest the Classic Stand East, thats where I was for the race last year. I had an extra pair of tickets at the Classic North Stand too which I sat at for FP2 and FP3.

The Classic North stand doesnt offer much , not an overtaking point. You can just see the cars nervous sometimes with traction and then whizzing away on the main straight. You might be able to check out some late braking into turn 1.

The Classic East stand was far better, a lot of drivers including the best made a lot of mistakes here ,running wide in that complex of turn 5,6,7. It was also where Massa and Hamilton crashed.
You can also see a good view of the downforce the cars generate going into turn 8,9. With some spectacular oversteer moments too. This is where Massa rammed into the orange kerbs in both qualifying and in the race. One of the best seats in the house for sure. I even had the chance to sit at the Main Grandstand with a friends ticket. That was quite boring during a session however quite entertaining before the race or between sessions as you can see what all goes about in garages.

This year I'll be going for the Classic West Stand. Since this would give a really good view of the penultimate turn as well as a good view of cars incoming from Turn 4 since this stand is quite high up.

I think so , you can read the guidelines at bookmyshow about that.

However, I really dont think there is a need to buy tickets this early. There is a F1 boom in the country which is great ! But even last year a lot of the tickets werent sold till the end and had been given away for free as a prizes for events and so on. And friends of mine managed to get tickets 2 days before the event too.

Ideally, buying them in August would be a good idea. Even waiting till mid-September wont be too bad. You can get an idea of how many tickets have been bought by going to the seat selection page ;-)

Thread Starter #12

350Z

Core Team
folks thanks for the information on the stands, are the tickets transferable, i.e i buy it and cannot attend.
Tickets are non-transferrable officially. Yet, People did re-sell their tickets without a fuss last time. A person who has booked the tickets is supposed to carry an ID Proof. There was as usual an absolute mismanagement in 2011 Indian GP. I hope that the situation would be better this time. Yes, I also think that it’s too early to buy the tickets. Just wait for at least couple of months and keep a tab on the seats availability status through their website.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #13

350Z

Core Team
The organizers have been successful to sell over 21,000 tickets of Indian GP so far. Most of them are for Picnic & Premium Stand. The stats indicate that 30% of tickets are bought by residents of South India. 24% of West, 21% of North and 12% of East India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #15

350Z

Core Team
Hi, anyone booked indian f1 gp ticket ? which is best stand for view ?
You are interested in which stand? I have not booked the tickets this time. Just waiting for tickets for final race day if available which purely depends on luck.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom