Indian City Reviews!

and the truth in bangalore is that 99.99% of the auto meters including the digital ones are tampered. none of them show proper fares. its atleast 5 to 10rs(minimum) extra in all the meters.

350Z

Core Team
I had a real troublesome experience in Bangalore, Even with the pre-paid taxi which we hired for city tourism purpose and it all occurred due to language problems. So in the end, All I visited was a mall called forum in Bangalore and Ooty.

Drive Safe,
350Z

oh!! thats shocking.

But I didn't get the point in language problem. People there knows Hindi & English much better than Kannada!

So how did you end up in such a strange situation ?

and the truth in bangalore is that 99.99% of the auto meters including the digital ones are tampered. none of them show proper fares. its atleast 5 to 10rs(minimum) extra in all the meters.
i think same happens in most places. in delhi the auto fare starts from Rs.10 itself!

in bangalore it starts from rs14. and my recent visit to mumbai was very good. i just loved the city and was almost sobbing when i had to leave. no experiences of loacl train, taxi and auo rikshaw in mumbai as i had the great tata indigo always at service(chauffer driven[:-)]. and also did not have vada paw because of which i had a group of my cousins laughing at me like hell. they were as if "you went to mumbai and did not have vada paw!!!??? shame on you!!!" so have challenged them that i'll be going back to mumbai after about 2 months just to have vada paw. and mubai airport is quite ok but nothing when compared to BIAL. and the areas i loved in mumbai was marine drive, nariman point and navi mumbai and also kharghar. and forgot to tell you guys that while i was in mumbai i got a chance to attend drummer sivamani's live concert in utsav chowk,kharghar. believe it or not, sivamani is a rock star!!

350Z

Core Team
oh!! thats shocking.

But I didn't get the point in language problem. People there knows Hindi & English much better than Kannada!

So how did you end up in such a strange situation ?
I don't know but they didn't even spoke a word in English or even Hindi. Maybe they pretend to do so in front of tourists to earn few extra $$$.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great to hear your expereince Harsha.

Why not start a thread in Travel Experiences ?

Sivamani is none other than ARR's Buddy & no doubt, he definitely rocks.

in bangalore it starts from rs14. and my recent visit to mumbai was very good. i just loved the city and was almost sobbing when i had to leave. no experiences of loacl train, taxi and auo rikshaw in mumbai as i had the great tata indigo always at service(chauffer driven[:-)]. and also did not have vada paw because of which i had a group of my cousins laughing at me like hell. they were as if "you went to mumbai and did not have vada paw!!!??? shame on you!!!" so have challenged them that i'll be going back to mumbai after about 2 months just to have vada paw. and mubai airport is quite ok but nothing when compared to BIAL. and the areas i loved in mumbai was marine drive, nariman point and navi mumbai and also kharghar. and forgot to tell you guys that while i was in mumbai i got a chance to attend drummer sivamani's live concert in utsav chowk,kharghar. believe it or not, sivamani is a rock star!!
good to hear that you loved mumbai. but sadly you missed the most important things-
1) local train / fiat taxis (fiat taxis are now slowly on the verge of extinction)
2) vada pav/pav bhaaji/chaat (pani puri/sev puri/rabdi chaat/dahi sev batata puri!!!)
3) juhu beach / girgaon chowpatty, and many more...

hope you went to places like Juhu & coloba, night life is awesome in here.

best thing about mumbai is that you can roam around without fear even at 1 am! its a relatively safe city.

good thing is that you are coming back, so keep all this in mind.

@zinam
i would surely start a thread to tell you all about the visit to mumbai. but need a little time. totally busy now.

@raj
1) ya. missed all these things. fiat PP are replaced by santro's, alto's , wagon r's etc. ya did notice that. and what is the diffference between those yellow cabs and the new blue ones? the blue cars look newer.

2) missed vada pav. but not pav bhaji and pani puri. and i love pani puri. but to be frank the taste of pani puri(@juhu) was not that appealing. i thought that the pani puri which i get here was far more better in taste.

3)juhu beach - i was there . no clue about the other places about which you are telling[pig]

and did not get a chance to enjoy the night life as was staying @ navi mumbai and driving from the city to the place is nowhere less than 50kms which i would never attempt in that dense traffic. but as i was staying in SBI colony, nerul which is very close to the bom-pun express way i used to sit in the balcony and watch the traffic till 2 am. man that road never gets empty for a second. and is anybody satying in nerul near SBI colony?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #25
good to hear that you loved mumbai. but sadly you missed the most important things-
1) local train / fiat taxis (fiat taxis are now slowly on the verge of extinction)
2) vada pav/pav bhaaji/chaat (pani puri/sev puri/rabdi chaat/dahi sev batata puri!!!)
3) juhu beach / girgaon chowpatty, and many more...
You need to add a drive down the Worli Sea Link!!

Agree. Nagpur is a nice city, but development is on a really slow pace.
Btw did you live here?

Top Bottom