Indian Cars with Most Solid and Poor Resale Values

Wonder why Chevrolet SRV is least discussed in forums. I always admire the looks of the car but really hard to find one in the city these days...[confused]

Wonder why Chevrolet SRV is least discussed in forums. I always admire the looks of the car but really hard to find one in the city these days...[confused]
That's because it saw end very soon and there where no takers for that car as many felt swift was better, adding ghee to the fire, MS launched swift Diesel in 2006 which made the car to fall down to its knees. Anyway, but we enthusiasts like the car for its styling.

maruti has best resale in the market

i don't think any one has any doubts about it
they retain there number one position due to a.s.s and cheaper parts plus long running cars

My comparison is based on your input man.
in your post you have only mention

Scorpio VLX not the Scorpio VLX 4WD Airbag BS-IV

Safari VX - not the
Safari 4x4 VX DiCOR 2.2 VTT

This created little bit confusion for comparison of Safari/Scorpio
Although this was not a comparison in between models but the overview of the depreciation of the vehicles available in the market and found that there given samples (by Raj and Fazer) do have average depreciation of 39%
Most importantly, you are comparing the Automatic Scorpio to the manual transmission Safari. Ideally you should compare the 4x4 M/T Scorpio VLX (11.41 Lacs) to 4x4 M/T Safari VX (13.54 Lacs), a price difference of 2.13 Lacs in their ex-showroom prices.

As said above, there is an error in the report.
The error is corrected dear friend.
please get the corrected analysis.

I feel carwale is not accurate as they don't seem to update their site on a regular basis
What i have observed till now is that New car Prices are mostly accurate although the actual prices may differ at various dealers.
Resell prices are ball park prices based on the feedback from the actual market and individual buyers and sellers. and more ever if you feel that there is discrepancy lets realize the feelings in to the facts and update the Carwale through Feedback mechanism.

Attachments

maruti has best resale in the market

i don't think any one has any doubts about it
they retain there number one position due to a.s.s and cheaper parts plus long running cars
Models like the SX4, Versa, A-Star, Estilo, Grand Vitara & Kizashi have a low resale value.

The A.S.S. is no longer good. Many centres does not mean good quality of work. Fords are today cheaper than Maruti's to maintain.

Models like the SX4, Versa, A-Star, Estilo, Grand Vitara & Kizashi have a low resale value.

The A.S.S. is no longer good. Many centres does not mean good quality of work. Fords are today cheaper than Maruti's to maintain.
Completely agree, just a paid serivce for my alto cost me 6.8k! and that too for an oil change, wheel balance,interior cleaning and you know the labour cost? 1500 Rs to for these things to do[frustration], till today they have not rectified the brake issue in my car.

I feel Maruti will soon give up their fame, Yes Fords are cheaper than Marutis now a days.

In low-mid segment, cars with more waiting period have better resale value;
While in case of premium cars, cars with brand have better resale value.
Eg. Audi will always fetch more than say Volvo.

did I hear Ford cheaper than Maruti to maintain [lol]

dear what would you do with a ford when the part isn't available for the same [lol]

I saw on my way to work atleast 3 fords mid highway breakdowns

owners waiting for the tow way [lol]

Last edited by a moderator:
As percentage of original on average

Best resale value,

1) Maruti (Alto > 65%, Swift > 65 %)
2) Innova > 65%
3) Hyundai (i10, i20) > 60%

Worst

1) Skoda (fabia) < 50%
2) VW (polo) < 50%
3) Tata (Indigo, Manza)