Indian Car & Bike Magazines

Re: Best and Worst Indian Auto Magazines?

I am regular reader of overdrive . also read auto car .

Yep as you say they are testing lot and lot of premium cars , but they have atleast one to two report on other cars too.

Their testing figures / report are exact in maximum cases.

I dont ever read the racing segment and f1 kinda part in their magazine.

Some cars will perform better with a wide / good brand tyres , they dont mention that in their mag.

Their help desk is quite good than other . Atlast they dont reply " we need to see the car in real "(WHICH is real thing needed )

Thread Starter #47

AMG

Suspended

I thought there was already a thread on magazines titled
"Indian Car and Bike MAgazines"

Can the threads be merged?

350Z

Core Team

best one so far car india.

verdict - unbiased with lots of refreshing articles. with a balanced view towards vfm and premium segments

worst one -overdrive

verdict- highly biased,inclined towards honda and maruthi suzuki. with lot of repetition. much interested in premium segments only.
That’s a highly subjective question. Personally speaking, I have been a loyal follower of Autocar India ever since 2000 and have felt myself as a part of their family but as the time moves on, I have stopped collecting auto-magazines anymore. Especially when Internet can suffice your that requirement. Plus, it is updated every now and then, and you do not have to wait a month to learn about new happenings in the automotive industry. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #50

AMG

Suspended
The past few months have seen an interesting turn of events.

Those of you who read Bike India/Car India must be familiar with the name Bunny Punia.

Well, to be honest, he was my favourite Automobile Journalist.

Bunny Punia has now quit Car India and Bike India and now floated his own Magazine titled DreamCarz(Dont be fooled by the name, it also has substantial bike content)

I happened to get a copy and the magazine is the best I have ever read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another news, a new magazine called xBhp has been launched.
It is an bike only magazine, and I am not much impressed with it.

Thread Starter #51

AMG

Suspended
Top Gear India wrote this:

yes, expensive onions are the reason we had to cut back on the poster. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #52

AMG

Suspended
Autocar India

* We drive the new, grown-up Swift, and also Suzuki’s luxury flagship – the stylish Kizashi.

* Driven – Mahindra’s off-roader, the macho, tough, and rugged Thar

* Comparisons: BMW X1 v Honda CR-V ; Jaguar XF-S v Merc E350 CDI v BMW 530d

* We see whether Audi’s A8 drives as good as it looks

* Full road test of the affordable and entertaining BMW X1

* Ferrari Mega Test – find out how the new 458 stacks up against the iconic Enzo and F40

* Bloomberg-UTV Autocar Awards – complete report of India’s automotive Oscars

* First ride reports of the Harley-Davidson SuperLow and 883 Iron, and comprehensive road rest of the Yamaha FZ1

* Preview of Autocar Young Driver 2011 – search for India’s safest young driver begins

* Plus: Narain Karthikeyan’s F1 comeback and more awesome action from the racy world of motorsport

-

Last edited:
Thread Starter #53

AMG

Suspended
Overdrive

This December, OVERDRIVE has got itself in what is Maruti Suzuki's flagship car, the Kizashi. The much awaited car from India's biggest automobile manufacturer is here and we get to drive it, should others be worried? We've also driven the most affordable BMW in India, the X1 for a full road-test. We hop into the Volvo XC60 and pit it head-on against the Audi Q5. We also jumped into the most anticipated hybrid car this year, the Chevrolet Volt while It was fun testing Mahindra's lifestyle jeep, the Thar 4x4. A little further up the ladder, we see if the Skoda Yeti has what it takes to tackle India's first crossover, the Tata Aria. The Mercedes-Benz E Coupe has gone topless with the E Cabriolet and we decided to do a full test. We take a look at Jaguar's XF S diesel and find out if it is still a Jag. An OVERDRIVE reader narrates his adventure, driving from Delhi to Nepal and back.
After a lot of hard work, we went out on a drive in the Prius to see a meteorite crater. It was a great outing for Team OVERDRIVE in the 2010 INRC season, Sirish recounts his rally debut.
An exciting four wheel month but we haven't got to two wheels yet - this month we've ridden not one but three Harley-Davidson's in Rajasthan. We encounter a monster in the form of the Ducati Monster 796 and live to tell the tale. Harriet's taken a ride on the maniacal litre class superbike, the Kawasaki ZX-10R while the Yamaha SZ has locked eyes with the Bajaj Discover 150. Finally we round things off by honoring the best of the auto industry, the results of the CNBC TV-18 OVERDRIVE Awards 2011 announced.
For our poster, we've got the high performance hybrid sportscar from Porsche's racing laboratory, the Porsche 918 RSR.

Thread Starter #54

AMG

Suspended

The Videocon Mobiking India Ride
Enfields across Bhutan
The Showman and His Harley
The Art and Science of Panic Braking
Plus lots of other stuff, 200 pages of it!

Thread Starter #55

AMG

Suspended

Magazine Contents:

• Maruti suzuki kizashi
  • Rajputana custom motorcycles – The Nandi
  • Interview with Mr. Rajiv Bajaj
  • New Audi A8L
  • Civic unrest – A 250 horsepower Honda Civic
  • BMW 320 vs BMW X1
  • Harley-Davidson Sportster Superlow, 883 Iron & the Forty-Eight
  • Getaway to Udaipur