India is No.1 In Road Accidents.

Thread Starter #1
Newspaper Report

Rash driving and road accidents and consequent deaths have made India the land of highest deaths in road accidents. India with 1.3 lakhs accidents has pushed china back to second position. According to the survey most of the cases are of hit and run.

In case of speed, less than 30 kmph there are chances of survival of pedestrians, but in case of speed more than 50 kmph death is almost certain. According to Prof S S Chakraborty 10% increase in speed enhances 40 % possibility for personal injury, 30 % in fatal accidents and 20 % in all accidents.

The survey establishes that most of the accidents take place because of increase in speed. Understanding the alarming issue, the union government has decided to form state level safety boards on road design and vehicle safety. With ever increasing number of vehicles accidents are bound to happen.

India has the highest number of stupid drivers & pedestrians and also the highest number of talented drivers.

Pedestrians who are the most affected person in an accident are the most careless person on road.

350Z

Core Team
The most horrifying things on Indian Roads are Two Wheelers!
You never know from which cut and turns they pop out suddenly.
Also, Even if an accident happens due to the mistake of a two wheeler rider, The blame right away goes to the 4+ wheeler driver, Why? Because it was a bigger vehicle.

I think that a seperate lane should be made for these 2 wheelers just like its for Buses and HMVs.

No offense meant to 2 wheeler riders but thats a truth actually.
Just follow rules, No over speeding (Youngsters Especially), Drive in lanes, No overtaking and I'm sure the Road Accident count will gradually decrease.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Here are some accidents
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Mod Note:
Hi surendar, Pictures uploaded by you were not visible, this time it has been uploaded manually by me. For any further assistance or queries, please PM me or use the contact form.

Last edited by a moderator:

napster

Suspended
india is in the first position COZ people never follow rules, they say " me first, you next" and not "you first , me next"( followed by americans and others)

The first thing to be blamed here are the roads/government.

Then the irresponsible drivers/riders.

The government should first make proper roads then the unknown to many states (LANE SYSTEM) can be practiced.Then comes the RTO police who should really be strict(bribe lo or chod do shouldn't happen).There should be proper foot-path & crossing bridges on roads.

Then comes the responsibly driving thing which will be easier to practice with the above mentioned things.

350Z

Core Team
india is in the first position COZ people never follow rules, they say " me first, you next" and not "you first , me next"( followed by americans and others)
Exactly.
And you know, In a foreign country (I think its Britain), Giving dipper means take the side unlike India where it means "Give me the side!"

@Surendar, Thats a real bad accident. You can add these pics in "Pics of Automobiles Involved in Accidents" Thread.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Thread Starter #10
IMO] Most of the Indian drivers drive bad is because they lack the basic of driving.In India we only need to take H and road test to obtain a driving license.Most of the driving schools in India doesn't teach their students basics of driving and most of the them doesn't have a good car,they only teach them how to acquire a driving license and the reason why they don't teach well is because its easy to acquire driving license in India.

Karthik.

Exactly.
And you know, In a foreign country (I think its Britain), Giving dipper means take the side unlike India where it means "Give me the side!"

@Surendar, Thats a real bad accident. You can add these pics in "Pics of Automobiles Involved in Accidents" Thread.

Drive Safe!
350Z
Its in most of the foreign countries Vibs,

Even i US, if you give Dipper, it means you are ready to leave way & requesting the other person to do their action :)

This is quiet unfortunate. In my view, following are the major reasons:

1. Pedestrians are so foolish and thoughtless. I have seen people walking on the road as if it is their territory and the motor vehicles should slow down and go carefully!
  2. Thoughtless and reckless driving in Two Wheelers. It is high time to mandate helmet for driver and passenger (including kids).
  3. Mandate seat belts and and don't allow kids to sit in the front seat of cars. A child seat would have been nice!
  4. RTO departments are sleeping and are corrupted so much that they are forgetting their responsibility. There is no road awareness program for drivers and pedestrians at national level. Regional level activities any good unless such activities are carried at a national level.
Just as our Govt. made the rear high mounded stop lamp and seat belts for all passenger vehicles, I think Airbag should also be made as a basic safety feature.

80% who drives are not comfortable with traffic rules. For example, Bangalore is the city where I have seen most of the people using right side indicator to give a signal that you can overtake!! Can you believe that ?!

I think RTO and Police department should have a mobile / stationary speed tracking devices which captures the vehicles number / photo graphs if it exceeds the limited speed or violates the traffic lane. But I am not sure when all these things will fall in to place.

The most important thing is the people start thinking and act wisely. We, Indians, unfortunately lacks social commitment [cry]

Arun

Suspended
I'm not surprised.
You have people crossing the Eastern Express Highway like there is no traffic!I often make trips to Mulund via the highway and the people are crazy.
The Mumbai traffic is already a pain to be driving in, the two wheelers make it all the more difficult to drive.

As far as the dipper goes,I have an incident to share:

Once we (My Family) were in Goa with our faithful Omni. There was a intersection and a Sumo was in front of our car. Dad flashed the lights and asked for side.The Sumo guy put on his right blinker and turned left.Dad thought he was turning to the right and therefore turned to the left and the next thing we know our Omni had a broken headlamp![cry]

Half the Indians do realize they lack social commitment but don't do anything about it!

Creating a separate lane for two wheelers is a good idea, but who'll convey this to our dear government?

Once we (My Family) were in Goa with our faithful Omni. There was a intersection and a Sumo was in front of our car. Dad flashed the lights and asked for side.The Sumo guy put on his right blinker and turned left.Dad thought he was turning to the right and therefore turned to the left and the next thing we know our Omni had a broken headlamp![cry]
He he ! This is exactly what I mentioned! I really don't understand how they got this idea. You won't believe, I had real fight on this matter with one of my friend in Bangalore. He is saying that if you want to give permission for a vehicle to overtake, just put the right blinker (even in night). My simple question is , then what are you gonna do when you really have to turn to the right side [lol!]

Arun

Suspended
He he ! This is exactly what I mentioned! I really don't understand how they got this idea. You won't believe, I had real fight on this matter with one of my friend in Bangalore. He is saying that if you want to give permission for a vehicle to overtake, just put the right blinker (even in night). My simple question is , then what are you gonna do when you really have to turn to the right side [lol!]

Exactly! Another set of lights in the car would do great!! Or maybe integrate another light into the reverse light just to give side! Or would that make things more complex behind the steering wheel?

Top Bottom