India is No.1 In Road Accidents.

Right sanke1. Helmet before you sit on a Bike. I would rather advice driver and pillion to wear helmets . I agree this is not possible at all situations.

Real War is Driving in Indian Roads

Hello All,

I recently went through a report showing 1.5 lakh people dying every year India in road accidents means 1 person dying in a minute 4 causalities reporting in every four minute.[cry] In the Kargil war two yeras we have lost around 700 army man and 1500 causalities[cry]
Have a look at whats happening in Indian Roads , what govt is doing to reduce this, as a developing nation(in papers) this is shame for the nation.
"Pay more for security features or Die" govt should act against this culture . Strict action should be taken against driving violations proper education for a good driving culture needs to be taken.
Here am trying to say Every TAI member try to educate your friends ,family members and in this forum.

Share your views please

Re: Real War is Driving in Indian Roads

Its a certainly a worrying concern.
If the roads are not repaired, it results in accidents.
If the roads are repaired, then also is causes accidents due to high speeds.
So, from this, we can make out that its the people themselves causing accidents. And creating a good driving culture among them is a really hard thing.
Even if the police/government sets up any awareness or meetings. It isn't going to make any difference.
Take the case of helmets & seat belts. In my city, people wear these only at times when there is checking. The minds of these people are born this way. They actually don't care about themselves/are too lazy to wear those. I still don't understand why they act up like this.
Okay, well, you can certainly strict up the laws to reduce these kind of accidents by putting proper fines & stricter punishment. But then also, the rich get away from this. In fact, even the road safety is connected with corruption too!
Lets leave the corruption aside. Okay, we put up strict laws but is it really going to improve the driving culture? Its a yes and a no IMO. Yes, coz there will be hefty fines & punishments. So people who don't want to get caught. Drive responsibly! No, cozsome of them will drive responsibly only where there is a cop! [anger]

Just numbers are not enough. See the population of country too, pathetic. [anger] From where on earth so many babies are coming in India ? 1-2 kids is OK, I know laundrywala whose worker is from UP & has 11 kids, I said you should have 1 more as 12th man. One more flower shopkeeper from Karnataka has 6 kids. It is so [frustration].

I believe culprit is mindset of every Indian. we do not like change.
it has been more than 60 years of independence yet we are concerned about caste systems,minority and sc/st quotas.

Vote bank politics.

We don't need any statistics to tell more about road discipline etc. We all see it everyday.
We should discuss what have we done to make situation better. Shouldn't we?

Top Bottom