Independence Day Bangalore – Chennai Meet: Experiences Pg.19 Onwards

Which Location You Would Prefer?

• Total voters
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

If its a overnight kind of thing then It'll be a problem for me. Need to be in office the next day.

Sethu sir, also suggested a 200KM route. That seems feasible for a one day gig right? What you say Krish?

Thread Starter #62

Sethu- 300 odd one way would not be enough to meet up and come back the same day. Journey itself might eat up 8hr drive. It should be atleast 1 night stay. I believe.
Its too much of driving than meeting up with all.
What you guys suggest.

Mr. Krish. I do not know How it will adjustable by others if it is over night. For overnight meet we have another option but we will do that on one weekend like sat and sun with lot of time for members to decide. It is the third option which we have choosen for this meet. the place called hosrely hills which is near chitoor in AP.

But for this since we have already planned for a single day trip this could be the right places.

Actually the 220 KMs travel from chennai to yellagiry on bangalore highway [ 90% ] and hilll [10%] it took us around 2.1/2 to 3 hours. if we leave by 6. Hope we all can meet at 9am. Max at 10am. then we will have time till 3pm to 4pm. by that we can leave. so hope around 6 hours is more than enough for first meet.

Pls suggest.

We can even change the location to Yellagir if people wanted. In that case both bangalore team and chennai team can travel on Bangalore highway for nealy 90% of the ride which would be very comfort and fast.

Like someone say in a movie, for us place is not that important. meet is the important.
And one more thing. Recently I was discussing about this a lot at home. Now my family is also very much interested in this. Any one is planning with family? pls let me know. We are four. Myself and my wife, My son [10th std] dotty [8th Std].

Pls throw your suggestions.

Krish, thanks for that. yes as you said frends can decide for this meet with great time available. but I hope we should have atleast one version of members list by 31st. so that we can proceed further.

Distance from bangalore would be approximately 250 kms upto amirithi forest. if we both team leave early we can meet up early and spend more time together and before dark we can comedown and then dispurse.

For bangalore guys there are two routes. one is bangalore-krishnagir-vaniyambadi-amrithi forest. another is bangalore-krishnagiri-vaniyambadi-vellore-amirithi. even thought the first root is less distance I do not know the road and how it would be.

More over if the second route is followed we can all meet up in vellore for breakfast and from there chennai team can guide [ in case of any language problem].

pls suggest guys.

chennai to amiriti - 208
View attachment 57901

Bangalore to amirithi - 300 route 1
View attachment 57902

Bangalore to amirithi - 200 route 2
View attachment 57903

Alway everythingcan be discussed and fixed. pls share your thoughts.

Mr.Appu, can u pls confirm the maps.

@Sethu:

In the mentioned map, the route is so Long. we can go to Amirthi from Vellore via Kaniyambadi. Here I've attached the maps for Amirthi as well as Yelagiri.

Here is the proper route to Amirthi from B'lore as well as from Chennai.

From Chennai it would be around 165Km.

chennai-Amirthi.jpg

From B'lore it would be around 263Km Via Poigai- Golden temple- Amirthi.

B'lore-Amirthi.jpg

Banglore-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Kaniyambadi-Amirthi will come around 255Km.

Amirthi via vellore.jpg

The 200Km route from B'lore to Amirthi via Vaniyambadi- Alangayam is the seneric route.But, the roads are not good & it is a single lane road. I think It will take more time to reach the destination when compare o NH.

Here is the Map for Yelagiri from B'lore & Chennai:

B'lore- Yelagiri:167Km

B'lore-Yelagiri.jpg

Chennai- Yelagiri :234Km

chennai-Yelariri.jpg

So, you guys decide now [:)]

^^Hi Buddy,

Happy to see you again. Will park both Vista (urs & mine) on 15th [;)]

Thread Starter #67

Guys now it is clear. if we decide Yelagiri chennai team has to travel more than bangalore team. if we decide on amrithi forest then baangalore team has to travel more. so both are okie.

Let us decide on place by this evening.

[ I have started sending emails to members. But it is taking lot of time since I have to go one by one. for an 30 mints I was able to send only 10 or something. anyway I will do it. No problem. Hope if someone has not seen the PM am sure they will not miss the mail comunication.]

The heat is building up. Good. Sethu, I am yet to confirm my attendance. But if I make it, I would like to come with my family, my son, wife and me. Either of the places would be OK for me. Afterall, what matters most is the meet and the drive.

Thread Starter #70

The heat is building up. Good. Sethu, I am yet to confirm my attendance. But if I make it, I would like to come with my family, my son, wife and me. Either of the places would be OK for me. Afterall, what matters most is the meet and the drive.
As you rightly said, meeting and drive is most important.

Yes, Iam also planing with my family. Let us about other friends also.

I know unless otherwise you have something very important you will not be dragging to sign the attendence. Anyway, pls try to be there with all of us.

Thread Starter #71

Hi pals,

Another set of members list those who have confirmed their participation and shown interest.

Capture4.PNG

Its very nice to see that more freinds from bangalore are interested to join. Hope more chennai freinds also will be part of this meet.

Thread Starter #72

Confirmed members can PM your contacts like mail/mobile. It will be kept offline. will not be shared on any post. In the return PM I will send my contact info also.

Appu/Sethu- This is great info. Thanx for the maps.
I have just added as a summary of your Maps:
From Bangalore
yelagiri - 167
Amirthi - 255

From Chennai
yelagiri - 234
Amirthi -165

Now,i have 2 questions
- Which out of these are good place to meet yelagiri or Amirthi
- Can anyone give us an idea on the rd /driving conditions. Because we are planing to travel with families, this is very imp.
- What are the options of food and stuff apart from Vellore. Again as we are with Families, we need to be very sure on these arrangements.

I am very much worried on this route only for 1 reason. I had a very scary and unforgettable Bike chase experience from the locals after Krishnagiri an yr back when our family was on our way to Pondy holiday trip. We got chased for almost 15Km by that locals saying I have done an accident and killed some one before i could catch up some TN police patrol vehicle. I had got a narrow escape that day Thanx to the TN police and my starts. Infact seeing me with the patrol van, they turned back and ran away.
A little OOT but if it was any other route i would not even worry about KM or Time lines. Im worried only about this Krishnagiri route through small towns (off NH)

Appu/Sethu- This is great info. Thanx for the maps.
I have just added as a summary of your Maps:
From Bangalore
yelagiri - 167
Amirthi - 255

From Chennai
yelagiri - 234
Amirthi -165

Now,i have 2 questions
- Can anyone give us an idea on the rd /driving conditions. Because we are planing to travel with families, this is very imp.
- What are the options of food and stuff apart from Vellore. Again as we are with Families, we need to be very sure on these arrangements.

I am very much worried on this route only for 1 reason. I had a very scary and unforgettable Bike chase experience from the locals after Krishnagiri an yr back when our family was on our way to Pondy holiday trip. We got chased for almost 15Km by that locals saying I have done an accident and killed some one before i could catch up some TN police patrol vehicle. I had got a narrow escape that day Thanx to the TN police and my starts. Infact seeing me with the patrol van, they turned back and ran away.
A little OOT but if it was any other route i would not even worry about KM or Time lines. Im worried only about this Krishnagiri route through small towns (off NH)

Buddy,

Really sad to hear the Experience you faced. I think we all know about Chennai-Banglore NH. Apart from NH, The roads are good but not excellent. We(Me , My family & my friends) using those roads. so I can assure you about the roads. they are having patches but we our cars can easily cross those roads. At some points the roads are not good at the same time not worst.

If you guys want Hill station like experience we can choose Yelagiri. apart from that

1.Punganoor Artificial Lake-cum-Park
2.Jalagamparai Waterfalls
3.Swamimalai
4.Murugan Koil ,
5.Telescope House .

Check out these links:
Yelagiri Hills - Where to Go
Yelagiri Sightseeing - Sightseeing in Yelagiri - Places to Visit in Yelagiri

Guys I too not visited any other places apart from Lake.[frustration]

If you want typical Village kind experience, Totally remote from area from cities, Fully forest atmosphere. we can choose Amirthi & we need to walk for 1.5Km in forest to reach falls(Need to check whether water is there or not). I'm Damn Sure you guys will enjoy amirthi when compare to Yelagiri.

I've so many pics which I've taken in Amirthi in my Laptop, But it is in Vellore & now I'm in chennai. will go to Vellore by monday Evening, So unable to upload those pics[frustration]

Check out these Links:

Amirthi forest and singiri koil 1 | Photo

Amirthi Zoological Park - Reviews, Photos - Amrithi... a road less travelled - TripAdvisor

amirthi forest - Google Search

BTW, Ajith & some other members are also going to Accompany you. So, I think it would be safe, While coming with a Gang. So no need to worry about on the route.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #75

Buddy,

Really sad to hear the Experience you faced. I think we all know about Chennai-Banglore NH. Apart from NH, The roads are good but not excellent. We(Me , My family & my friends) using those roads. so I can assure you about the roads. they are having patches but we our cars can easily cross those roads. At some points the roads are not good at the same time not worst.
We are really sorry about the bad experience you had Mr. Krish.

As Mr. Appu said if we are going to yelagiri, Iam very sure that upto vaniyambadi it is really nice and NH. After vaniyambady upto entrance of yelagir is 2 way road but it is also good. after that we have to climb the hills which has 14 hair pin bends. apart from that no where the road is bad.

But if we talk about amiriti, I have never been to that place. So Mr. Appu has to say about it.

If you guys want Hill station like experience we can choose Yelagiri. apart from that

1.Punganoor Artificial Lake-cum-Park
2.Jalagamparai Waterfalls
3.Swamimalai
4.Murugan Koil ,
5.Telescope House .

Check out these links:
Yelagiri Hills - Where to Go
Yelagiri Sightseeing - Sightseeing in Yelagiri - Places to Visit in Yelagiri

Guys I too not visited any other places apart from Lake.[frustration]
Apart from lake you have a treking for about 3 four KM up the hill. Which will take nearly 2 hours. aged persons or disabled people may not be able to enjoy. I was 40 when we went there in 2010 and I suffered a lot when all my guys who very very young had cimbed half an hour before me. But lovely experience.

the murugan temple is if u could climb that up hill you can see it.

Telescope hosue was kept closed whenever I have gone there. Jalagamparai falls is not there i think we have to climb down and take left instead of taking right towards vaniambadi.

This is the possible update from my side.

If you want typical Village kind experience, Totally remote from area from cities, Fully forest atmosphere. we can choose Amirthi & we need to walk for 1.5Km in forest to reach falls(Need to check whether water is there or not). I'm Damn Sure you guys will enjoy amirthi when compare to Yelagiri.

I've so many pics which I've taken in Amirthi in my Laptop, But it is in Vellore & now I'm in chennai. will go to Vellore by monday Evening, So unable to upload those pics[frustration]

Check out these Links:

Amirthi forest and singiri koil 1 | Photo

Amirthi Zoological Park - Reviews, Photos - Amrithi... a road less travelled - TripAdvisor

amirthi forest - Google Search
For me it is okie until it is safe for all of us.

BTW, Ajith & some other members are also going to Accompany you. So, I think it would be safe, While coming with a Gang. So no need to worry about on the route.
As rightly said by Mr. Appu, this time we are going to travel in group. It will be a pleasure to have rows of cars on the road [ on safe speed messures followed by all ]. So you need not to worry Mr. Krish. You and your family will be taken care.

I think when other state vehicle is seen they wanted make advandtage. am sure in our bangalore team some tamil speaking freinds who might be a great support.

Now,i have 2 questions
- What are the options of food and stuff apart from Vellore. Again as we are with Families, we need to be very sure on these arrangements..
You can have breakfast/dinner at krishnagiri. if it is yelagiri, there are some hotels which I will post later. For amrithi, again, Mr. Appu pls provide your experience.

Top Bottom