Independence Day Bangalore – Chennai Meet: Experiences Pg.19 Onwards

Which Location You Would Prefer?

• Total voters
Re: August 15th - Let us meet Chennai

Yap, that is really a useful tool. I have already PMed around 90 members [ I just took the first 80 members those who have posted atleast minimum of 10 posts ]
Lucky me, It was my 12 Post so that I crossed your cutoff and came around as 80th Member [roll]

Hope more of those members will visit TAI on weekends as they will be free like me [:D]

Yeah happy to introduce my VW to the members directly..

Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai

If possible pls post your experience about both places. So that others also can know more about it and it will be an encouragement to others to participate.

I want minimum of 10 to 15 freinds to have this meet.

Just one more wild thought. why dont we make it as chennai-bangalore meet. since botht the places are middle of bangalore and chennai, bangalore guys also can join. Pls share your thoughts.
Actually Amirti is a Zoo with minimum number of animals & falls is also there. To reach falls we need to walk for 1Km.

We (Me & my friends) Visit Amirti very frequently. We can say it is a typical country side.

The Pic which I've posted here was a unplanned trip with my friend from Chennai. he came to visit Golden temple, While discussing about other areas apart from Golden temple I mentioned Amirti & He got interest to visit Amirti, so we went to Amirti without visiting Golden Temple. That trip was a fantastic trip. Due to rain the climate was very pleasant & we enjoyed a lot. I have many photos from that trip.

Here is my Bike pic from that Trip. Apart from this I don't any pics in my office PC. If possible I'll update on Tuesday(during my Week-off)

1_1_IMG_0351_2_.jpg

Chennai-B'lore meet[roll]. Good to hear. If it is Chennai-B'lore meet then we can fix Yelagiri Hills. This will be centre to all.

Appu, I just leave it to you freeze the destination. I think you have been to all three places.

I think we should not leave any option open for long time. So let us freeze on Destination first.

Appu, the stage is yours for finalizing the destination.
I have not visited Horsley hills. we planed so many times but not able to execute. Apart from Horsley Hills. Amirti & Yelagiri were the Nice place to Visit.

Will check what others are going to decide.

Lucky me, It was my 12 Post so that I crossed your cutoff and came around as 80th Member

Hope more of those members will visit TAI on weekends as they will be free like me

Yeah happy to introduce my VW to the members directly..

Happy to hear that you are going to participate with your VW [clap]

Last edited:

i was planning for a short trip with friend , and logged into TAI after some 15 days ,
Blame the new job , i have no time to drive MY sierra.

let us see , i'll try merging both .

BTW how many kms is that place from B'lore ? If it would be around 2-2.5 hours drive I will try to join you people...

Thread Starter #20

ilango[speed thirst];184735 said:
i was planning for a short trip with friend , and logged into TAI after some 15 days ,
Blame the new job , i have no time to drive MY sierra.

let us see , i'll try merging both .

That is nice that our meet gets you time to drvie YOUR Sierra. Enjoy. Pls make sure you are part of this.

Thread Starter #23
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

Ok. I just PMed 117 Bangalore based members. Hope this meet is going to be a trend setter in TAI.

Re: August 15th - Let us meet Chennai

[cry]
Sorry, couldn't join this time too. I'll be leaving to hometown for marriage (my own marriage [;)])
hearty congratulations Mr boss and his boss (wife)

on tight schedule can't make it to meet you guys sorry for that

Damn, I didn't get any PM :P

I am planning a Coonoor trip on Aug 15,16 & 17. It will be too much deviation for me to join you guys. I guess but Varun will join you guys definitely [;)]. Last week, I was reading about Amirthi forest and falls. It seems like an interesting place.

@Sethu, can you ping some guys from Bangalore, they may be interested. It may take a week to get response, but you have time anyways.

Cheers and congrats..

Thread Starter #26

Damn, I didn't get any PM :P

I am planning a Coonoor trip on Aug 15,16 & 17. It will be too much deviation for me to join you guys. I guess but Varun will join you guys definitely [;)]. Last week, I was reading about Amirthi forest and falls. It seems like an interesting place.

@Sethu, can you ping some guys from Bangalore, they may be interested. It may take a week to get response, but you have time anyways.

Cheers and congrats..
Mr. Ram, Thanks for your reply.

First of all I was wondering how come I missed your name. Actually I took 117 members name based on the number of posts [ min of 10 ] and PMed them individuall. I really do not understand where it went wrong. Then i found that the location of your is bangaluru but i took only bangalore. so that is the mistake I have done. Okie I will do one more search and on bagaloru and send PMs to those members also.

I think Mr.Varun has said that he could join us.

Thank you. Hope in future we might have the same kind of meets and we all can meet again.

Last edited:

Iam really sorry Mr. Varun. Yes I missed your post somehow.

View attachment 57717

Hi Sethu,

Good initiative bro, but i will not be able to join due to some personal reasons.

If am not wrong, horsely hills is in Andhra as i have been to this place.
The distance to Horsely hills from bangalore is around 150-160KMs if you are going via madanpalli. Madanpall is around 123KM from KR puram and from there horsely is around 30-40KMs.

The place is calm and nice for a meet, the food their is amazing, it cost you around 200-150 per plate.

So if it is 150 kms, so atleast we need 3 hours, can it be done in a day ?

So it better we decide upon the number of members joining us.

Thread Starter #29

So if it is 150 kms, so atleast we need 3 hours, can it be done in a day ?

So it better we decide upon the number of members joining us.
Ya we could make it.

Assume the following could be the iternary from chennai and the distance could be same or less from bangalore while comparing to chennai.

Capture2.PNG

Can some one prepare a iternary plan from bangalore so that it will be easy for people from bangalore to decide.

I do not know whether the bangalore team and chennai team will meet somewhere in the middle or at the destination. This can be finalised when we finalise on destination. As per my plan, we should be finalising the date, place and first set of members by 31st July 2012.

Sethu

Great.. Congrats Sethu for such an organised effort. I am sure this meet would be a success.
My company has planned my joining for next month. I would be on my job any time next month. So till the time I get the dates confirmed, I wont be able to say yes to the meet.

Top Bottom