Independence Day Bangalore – Chennai Meet: Experiences Pg.19 Onwards


Which Location You Would Prefer?


  • Total voters
    7
Thread Starter #31
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
3,838
Likes
1,168
Location
Chennai
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

Great.. Congrats Sethu for such an organised effort. I am sure this meet would be a success.
My company has planned my joining for next month. I would be on my job any time next month. So till the time I get the dates confirmed, I wont be able to say yes to the meet.
Hey, thanks a lot for the appriciation. Yes Iam also hoping that this would be a success.

And yes we all hope that you could also join us and enjoy the meet without any inturuption in your joining date.

And hey, best of luck for your new job.
 
Joined
Mar 26, 2012
Messages
81
Likes
5
Location
Bangalore
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

So if it is 150 kms, so atleast we need 3 hours, can it be done in a day ?

So it better we decide upon the number of members joining us.
Easily... Just plan accordingly. The road was under construction (10KM stretch) when i visited that side last time (May month), they were broadening the roads. If the road is completed then you can reach faster else expect delays.

Please try having lunch their, its andhra meals and I really liked it very much.
 
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
3,070
Likes
1,918
Location
Vellore/Chennai
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

From the Kms calcuated. I think Yelagiri or Amitri will be convenient to all. Because, this route has 4-Lane Highway, so we can cover those hundreds of Kms easily.

So if it is 150 kms, so atleast we need 3 hours, can it be done in a day ?

So it better we decide upon the number of members joining us.
In Highways we can cover those kms very easily.

BTW, A small idea to B'lore guys.

Here is the sample plan:

starting from B'lore : 6:00Am
Reaching the spot Amirthi or Yelagiri : 9:00Am
Again starting From Destination : 5:00Pm
Reaching B'lore : 8:00Pm

You Guys can Decide.
 
Thread Starter #34
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
3,838
Likes
1,168
Location
Chennai
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

Mr. Appu just tell me one thing. if we are going to yelagiri, then we will take a diversion next to Vaniambadi and we and bangalore team can meet at that point.

Tell me how we go from here to Amriti and where we and bangalore team can meet.

Even I have kept the horsley hills as third option since it is little bit far and we have to travel a lot on 2way road. we canplan this with one night stay so we can cross this 2 way road in day time [ normally i avoid two way roads in the night mostly]
 
Last edited:
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
3,070
Likes
1,918
Location
Vellore/Chennai
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

Sethu Sir,


I think we can go Yelagiri or Amirti on that Day. It will be difficult to cover both on the same day.

BTW, If it is Yelagiri we can meet at the entry point of Two lane road from NH in the Diversion which you mentioed.

If it is Amirti, We can meet in Perumugai near Aerodrome. from there we can go to Amirti Via Golden temple. Otherwise we need to cross Vellore City. from Vellore we need to go via Kaniyampadi which is located in Tiruvanamali Route.

Otherwisewe can choose Aerodrome route to reach Amirti while leaving we can choose Kaniyampadi route.

Even I have kept the horsley hills since it is little bit far and we have to travel a lot on 2way road. we can plan this with one night stay so we can cross this 2 way road in day time [ normally i avoid two way roads in the night mostly]
Still My next month shift schedule in my office, So I can't say anything about night stay.
 
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
814
Likes
34
Location
Bangalore
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

Sorry Sethu/ APpu- These dates are too early for me. Anyway I wish all the best and would be waiting for your Snaps.
 
Joined
Aug 2, 2011
Messages
1,243
Likes
457
Location
Bengaluru
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai

Chennai-B'lore meet[roll]. Good to hear. If it is Chennai-B'lore meet then we can fix Yelagiri Hills. This will be centre to all.
Good to see that the meet been organized for both Chennai & Bangalore members together. Coincidentally, we (with my family and friends) been planning for some trip during the same weekend (long weekend right…) Let me check out the possibility to have it there and join you guys.
 
Thread Starter #38
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
3,838
Likes
1,168
Location
Chennai
Good to see that the meet been organized for both Chennai & Bangalore members together. Coincidentally, we (with my family and friends) been planning for some trip during the same weekend (long weekend right…) Let me check out the possibility to have it there and join you guys.
That's great that you are planning/joining partially in our meet with family. You are welcome. Which place you are planning.

Sorry Sethu/ APpu- These dates are too early for me. Anyway I wish all the best and would be waiting for your Snaps.
Mr.krish, thanks for the promising reply. Yes we are also waiting to share the snaps wit our TAI members.

But we request you to see the possibilities of you are also joining us.

Sethu Sir,


I think we can go Yelagiri or Amirti on that Day. It will be difficult to cover both on the same day.
.
We are not planning both placs on the same day. Than visiting places for us very important is the members being together for chit chating, seeing every ones ride etc. so only one place.

BTW, If it is Yelagiri we can meet at the entry point of Two lane road from NH in the Diversion which you mentioed.
.
This is perfect.

If it is Amirti, We can meet in Perumugai near Aerodrome. from there we can go to Amirti Via Golden temple. Otherwise we need to cross Vellore City. from Vellore we need to go via Kaniyampadi which is located in Tiruvanamali Route.

Otherwisewe can choose Aerodrome route to reach Amirti while leaving we can choose Kaniyampadi route.
.
You are the best in this since you have been here. I have never been to this place so I can not comment. Hope in this place we both team can meet.

Still My next month shift schedule in my office, So I can't say anything about night stay.
I dont think this wil happend immediatly next month. so you can be kool.

K. Now the destination is narrowed for two shall we decide upon the final destination.

My suggestion would be Amiriti falls since I have been to yelagiri there we do not have much. we can go for some boating and treking.

But amriti we can enjoy the forest as well as the falls [Hope we might have water the time we go there]

Freinds, pls give your suggestions,

Thanks
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joined
May 21, 2011
Messages
3,070
Likes
1,918
Location
Vellore/Chennai
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

sethu sir ,


If possible prepare the confirmation list , so that we can confirm the place.
 
Thread Starter #40
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
3,838
Likes
1,168
Location
Chennai
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

sethu sir ,


If possible prepare the confirmation list , so that we can confirm the place.
Mr. Appu,

Still lot of big shots are yet to confirm. So i thought we can wait for some more time and prepare the list of members.

Hope u agree.
 
Joined
Jul 4, 2012
Messages
53
Likes
1
Location
Chennai
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

Ya we could make it.

Assume the following could be the iternary from chennai and the distance could be same or less from bangalore while comparing to chennai.

View attachment 57749

Sethu
Dear Sethu,

That was a cool agenda, looks feasible for both of the Chennai and Bangalore Folks. Looking forward to hear from more of our mates to make it big time.

Great.. Congrats Sethu for such an organised effort. I am sure this meet would be a success.
My company has planned my joining for next month. I would be on my job any time next month. So till the time I get the dates confirmed, I wont be able to say yes to the meet.
Congrats [clap] on your job buddy, hope your company calls you soon so that you could make it to this trip.

Mr. Appu,

Still lot of big shots are yet to confirm. So i thought we can wait for some more time and prepare the list of members.

Hope u agree.
Yeah, you are right Sethu, may be this weekend will give room for these big shots to take a look at our post, so its worth waiting.
 
Joined
Jan 9, 2012
Messages
180
Likes
2
Location
Bangalore
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

Hi Sethu,

Your Efforts are much appreciated !! Looks like a real excitement. 15th August sounds good & as Varun suggested 150kms should be good for B'lore guys. As of now have to check if I get holiday that day as I work US client. So my probability of attending the meet (also depending on number of people from B'lore) would be 60-40, that is I may or may not be able to. But positive part is am having the 60% chance of attending it. Hope rest 40% is taken care of in the further day before 15th August.

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V
 
Thread Starter #44
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
3,838
Likes
1,168
Location
Chennai
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

Hi Sethu,

Your Efforts are much appreciated !! Looks like a real excitement. 15th August sounds good & as Varun suggested 150kms should be good for B'lore guys. As of now have to check if I get holiday that day as I work US client. So my probability of attending the meet (also depending on number of people from B'lore) would be 60-40, that is I may or may not be able to. But positive part is am having the 60% chance of attending it. Hope rest 40% is taken care of in the further day before 15th August.

Drive Safe.
Santosh.V
Mr. Santhosh,

Thanks for showing the possitive part also. Hope you get off and we get more freinds from bangalore and we wil have great time on 15th August.

Sethu
 
Thread Starter #45
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
3,838
Likes
1,168
Location
Chennai
Re: August 15th - Let’s Meet Up in Chennai and Bangalore

Easily... Just plan accordingly. The road was under construction (10KM stretch) when i visited that side last time (May month), they were broadening the roads. If the road is completed then you can reach faster else expect delays.

Please try having lunch their, its andhra meals and I really liked it very much.
Mr. Manza_class,

Just I thought of buzz you to know about your participation since there was no mention about that in your post.

Sethu
 

Top Bottom