Improving ICE (Sound) in Maruti Alto!

Thread Starter #17

lxi.

Suspended
Can any one suggest that Can i add USB support to my Sony HU (GTX270s).
Also, It has a AUX in port. Can I connect my phone to it ? (Samsung Champ) I have the 3.5mm wire.

dude i have an idea. use some software to equalize the bass and reduce the voice . so you will get good enough bass in your rear 3 way speaker. adjust the fader to rear 3.
try this software Mp3Doctor PRO.

@LXI if you have the aux port in your HU you can definitly connect it to your phone using 3.5mm cables. i use this in nano for calls while driving. about USB i have no idea.

When removing the taillamps of my nano, there came an elantra with front JBL components in door and in rear double voice coil subs(1100w) with pioneer 4 channel amp. 2 for rear speakers and other bridged for sub. i put my friend's Kylie Minogue Aphrodite album cds imported from US in elantra. comparing with the sounds of my nano the bass inside the car is little poor but outside you can hear the boom...boom. from this what i learnt was. if you want a pleasant drive dont go for subs manage with the current condition. if possible get some pio's HU for 5000rs(i guess the starting price- with front USB and AUX-Ipod control)
pio gives good bass compared to sony. :)

Thread Starter #20

lxi.

Suspended
dude i have an idea. use some software to equalize the bass and reduce the voice . so you will get good enough bass in your rear 3 way speaker. adjust the fader to rear 3.
try this software Mp3Doctor PRO.
Thanks Sai for the help. Yes, Will surely do it.
And can you suggest me how can I get good quality Bass and treble sound by adjusting the -
Low, Mid, High tones? My HU also has a option for Subwoofer and It was placed at 7 from the beginning(I dont have Sub). --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@LXI if you have the aux port in your HU you can definitly connect it to your phone using 3.5mm cables. i use this in nano for calls while driving. about USB i have no idea.

When removing the taillamps of my nano, there came an elantra with front JBL components in door and in rear double voice coil subs(1100w) with pioneer 4 channel amp. 2 for rear speakers and other bridged for sub. i put my friend's Kylie Minogue Aphrodite album cds imported from US in elantra. comparing with the sounds of my nano the bass inside the car is little poor but outside you can hear the boom...boom. from this what i learnt was. if you want a pleasant drive dont go for subs manage with the current condition. if possible get some pio's HU for 5000rs(i guess the starting price- with front USB and AUX-Ipod control)
pio gives good bass compared to sony. :)
Yes, My HU has AUX in port. But when I connect my Samsung Champ to it, It displays, "NO MUSIC".
About USB, Is there any connecting wire which has 3.5mm jack at one side and USB port at the other?
No, When all windows (Or even any three) are rolled down, The Bass outside (The Rear Area) is less than the bass at the driver's seat in my Alto.
Actually, Dad says, Whats the use of a new HU! He usually listens to CDs at a low volume :(. Dad says "KHUD KAMAO, KHUD UDAAO! :lol!:
So, Currently keeping up with it!

dude what is the problem??
The application itself have some presets . use that. about the aux port "no music " i dont understand that. "have'nt used sony HUs" in pio there we get a submenu. after switching off the HU. there you can switch on or off the AUX port. try is thing available in sony

Thread Starter #23

lxi.

Suspended
There is a source button in my HU which has following options-
Tuner (FM)
CD
AUX IN.

When I select Aux-in, The screen displays " No device" when I connect my phone, The screen displays Loading and then "NO MUSIC". My phone has an 8 gb memory card which is having only music!

Regarding, the MP3DoctorPro. I downloaded it, But how will it work on the car HU? How will I connect ifthe phone is not connecting!

Regarding, the MP3DoctorPro. I downloaded it, But how will it work on the car HU? How will I connect ifthe phone is not connecting!
you can adjust the level of sounds in mp3 file like you can increase / decrease high mid or low tones

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dude!!!

Please switch on the music player in your mobile after connecting t to aux in[frustration].

reduce your bass in your HU it will reduce the jarring. If you dont want to spend money & want some goood bass try to fix your rear Ovel speakers in enclosers. that will work out vey cheap & gives good bass also.[clap]

Thread Starter #26

lxi.

Suspended
@italian raider, i connect the aux in when the music player is already on. still the music player says "no music". what to do?!

Hi Lxi,

I know you have a cruch of the space in car. Here are my suggestions to you.

1) Top priority.:- Change the HU as it actually decides how good the output will be.

2) Get some component speakers in the doors . Will give you surround sound effect.

3) Get a 6X9" for the tray at the back along with a 12" Pioneer Sub . Get the basic JBL wiring and not scoche as your output will not be at its peak and get a 4Ch Amp ( preferably Kenwood/ Sony) for the speakers and sub.

This would cost you

1) HU ( Around 5-8K)
2) Components ( JBL from 4.5K goes upto 10K)
3) 6X9" ( max 4K) JBL preferred
4) Pioneer Sub (3-3.5K)
5) Amp ( 3-6K)
6) Misc exp (1.5K)

Hope this helps.

Hello TAI'ns.
I have a 2008 Maruti Alto LXi BSiii with me. Regarding the ICE, I have the followings installed in my car-

1. Sony Xplod GTX270s (Theres a nickname, CRAPPY[;)])
2. Pioneer Front 4" Speakers
3. Pioneer Rear 4 Way 6"x9" Speakers

Thats All.

Hi lxi,

Could you please tell me where had you kept the rear speakers? On the parcel tray or on the rear doors? Will it be a problem if i keep it on the doors, as regular opning and closing of the door might cause some shakes to the speakers.
Please let me know this urgently as I am planning to get it fixed this or the coming week.

Top Bottom