Ideal Settings for Amplifier?

Thread Starter #1
I have a Hertz HE 4 , 4channel amplifier. What would be the ideal settings to be set up in the amplifier. There are 4 channels driving the front components and the SubWoofer.
For the front components what would be the ideal Gain set up and the frequency knob should be at what level [what Hz?]?
Similarly for the Subwoofer what would be the ideal Gain set up and the frequency knob should be at what level [what Hz?]?

Waiting for your replies.

For front comps it must be high pass filter ,
for subwoofer it must be in lpf.
adjust the gain from 20% for the subwoofer , for the normal volume set and frequency set at 90 to 120 hz.

Thread Starter #3
ilango[speed thirst];100649 said:
For front comps it must be high pass filter ,
for subwoofer it must be in lpf.
adjust the gain from 20% for the subwoofer , for the normal volume set and frequency set at 90 to 120 hz.
So u mean main gain volume should be set at 20% for both Front components and Subwoofer and the frequency should be set at 90 to 120hz for both front comps and rear subwoofer????[:)]

Thread Starter #4
My amplifier has a crossover from 40Hz to 400 Hz . So dividing it equally will make the reading as 40Hz, 130Hz, 220Hz, 310Hz and 400Hz.
So whats the best frequency setting i can set for High Pass [Front] and Low Pass[Rear Subwoofer]??
Waiting for your replies

For a start set the hpf(comps) at 80hz and lpf(sub) at 80 hz,set the gains suiting your ears or go the ideal way setting your headunit volume at around 75-80% of the volume keeping all setting flat on headunit,start with the comps-increase the gains till you can hear the comps without distortion,then get in the sub with similar way as the comps.

@sandeep

First set the max[highest] settings that you are going to use in your equilizer of HU.

then , for comp , first u should set it to high pass filter , then set the frequency b/w 150 hz to 400 hz. lower the frequncy more bass/higher frequency more treble and high pitch sound. best is to set at 200 hz according to me as you have got sub for bass.
now set gain/input level according to how loud sound you want and look for any distortion and set them for best. keep the bass boost to minimum b/w 0 to 3 dB

For sub, it's simple. first set it to low pass filter , set frequency b/w 40 hz to 60hz , now set gain level for how much louder you want. Increase the bass boost till you get decent bass without distortion.

Last edited:
I found this procedure to set amplifier in the user manual of my amp. I think it is generic applicable for almost all makes. Hope these images are legible for eyes and will help at least some naive ICE enthusiasts like me.

No brand favouritism intended, I have removed any content pointing to the brand, but if anything is left behind,moderators kindly inform.[confused] Once again reminding I am a newbie here,and really don't want to infringe any rules.

Attachments

Top Bottom