ICEing the Punto Emotion pack

Thread Starter #1
I booked Grande Punto Emotion pack 2011 model[:D] may be i take delivery january or February the car came with a preinstalled music system, i wish to retain the Headunit for Blue&me functionality & steering mounted keys.

guys throw some light on this, i am music lover i need quality of sound, people say wow when they here my car sound & without cutting wire to avoid warranty??

suggestion please.. [confused]

advance than x
greg..

I don think you can do anything without voiding the warranty.

Just switch over to component speakers in the front and you may get your desired SQ , but this will void your warranty , but actually nothing much to worry.

Since you have E-Pack, I am sure you don't want to touch it so that Blue&Me doesn't get affected.

As cooldhaya said, change the speakers to components. For Blaupunkt HUs, something called Blaupunkt THA 555 PnP (its like plug-n-play) can be used for AMP.

Get a line-out converter with atleast a 4/7 band equalizer, get component speakers in front, get components in rear if you have the budget & get a 4 ch amp to power front & rear components.

If you want the thump & can sacrifice a little bit on boot space, get a subwoofer in a sealed enclosure & an amp for the sub, preferably a mono if you have the budget.

by the way, what is your max budget?

Thread Starter #5
Get a line-out converter with atleast a 4/7 band equalizer, get component speakers in front, get components in rear if you have the budget & get a 4 ch amp to power front & rear components.

If you want the thump & can sacrifice a little bit on boot space, get a subwoofer in a sealed enclosure & an amp for the sub, preferably a mono if you have the budget.

by the way, what is your max budget?
wel thnx bro.

am already plan for that, blaunpukt amp's series comes with plug & play but am worried, will i get gravid sound? with this 4 or 5 channel amp"s. i aint tested ? any mortal tried this???

Thread Starter #6
I don think you can do anything without voiding the warranty.

Just switch over to component speakers in the front and you may get your desired SQ , but this will void your warranty , but actually nothing much to worry.
mm i wont care warranty, but i need sound quality, which takes me complete satisfaction with sound clarity and bass? [confused]

suggestion please

thnx greg
-----------Next Post-----------
Since you have E-Pack, I am sure you don't want to touch it so that Blue&Me doesn't get affected.

As cooldhaya said, change the speakers to components. For Blaupunkt HUs, something called Blaupunkt THA 555 PnP (its like plug-n-play) can be used for AMP.
rsm..

i i know THA 555 pnp amps, wil i get that sound clarity with bass with these .. after installing any brands..
throw some light on this coz i am serious or else i ll book dynamic???[frustration]

tha amplifier cost 20k.. why i should pay for that?? no matter of money? but i cant get clear set installing all ti 30k..??

Last edited:
Well if you can compromise on Blue and Me you can go ahead with Dynamic variant.

For 30-35k you can get a rocking setup from outside!

i i know THA 555 pnp amps, wil i get that sound clarity with bass with these .. after installing any brands..
throw some light on this coz i am serious or else i ll book dynamic???[frustration]
Well if you can compromise on Blue and Me you can go ahead with Dynamic variant.
For 30-35k you can get a rocking setup from outside!
:sorry:Wow !!!! How one can decide Variant Dynamic OR Emotion PK for sound system. Their is huge difference of features in both variants.
First Decide what variant you want. ICE upgrade can be fitted any variant without issue.

knightrider,please dont be mean ,
i agree with gagi, there is no point paying for stock ice and extra bulbs.that is what generally differs in variant ,if one is bit of enthusiast and appreciate quality it is always wise to go for lower varients and after market accessories. he would have plethora of options with choice of personnel interests. rather than tampering the original hu andc worrying about warrenty.i wish oem tires was also optional..lol.but in high cars it is like that.
puntos oem ice is just alright but nowhere near what gagi seems to expect. bluetooth hu are available in market even with steering mount options so gagi your decision....

knightrider,please dont be mean ,
i agree with gagi, there is no point paying for stock ice and extra bulbs.that is what generally differs in variant ,if one is bit of enthusiast and appreciate quality it is always wise to go for lower varients and after market accessories. he would have plethora of options with choice of personnel interests. rather than tampering the original hu andc worrying about warrenty.i wish oem tires was also optional..lol.but in high cars it is like that.
puntos oem ice is just alright but nowhere near what gagi seems to expect. bluetooth hu are available in market even with steering mount options so gagi your decision....
:sorry: If I was mean. My Intend was not like that.

But check the feature list missing in Dynamic

Desmodronic Foldable Key
Remote Keyless Entry
Electrically Adjust Outside Rear View Mirror
Rear Window (Wiper + Washer)
Rear Defogger with Timer
Leather wrapped Steering Wheel and Gear shift knob
Dual Tone Dashboard
Boot lamp
Front Fog Lamps
Body colored ORVM
Chrome plated door handles
Height Adjustable Front Seat Belts
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) With EBD
3 -point ELR Seat Belts with Pretensioners & Load Limiter
Dual Stage Front Driver & Passenger Airbag
Driver Seat height Adjust
Premium Red stitching on seats
External temperature display
Automatic Climate Control

My concern is not to miss such feature just for avoindin some money in inbuilt ICE. Also deciding on that is totally wrong.

Sorry again if I am harsh.

knightrider, .

well the above reasonss are what pushed me for a firm decision for punto emotion pack. and i am loving it.[music]
my friends owning swift and similar other hatches swear they miss a lot. one of them took picture of of steering wheel and kept it as desktop wallpaper to own punto soon.

but sometime an individual may not always need all of such feature in daily use all he may wish for is good ac and great music system. so ....

knightrider, .

well the above reasonss are what pushed me for a firm decision for punto emotion pack. and i am loving it.[music]
my friends owning swift and similar other hatches swear they miss a lot. one of them took picture of of steering wheel and kept it as desktop wallpaper to own punto soon.

but sometime an individual may not always need all of such feature in daily use all he may wish for is good ac and great music system. so ....

:agree: If its one's requirement and budget then no problem.

We have made a few punto and Linea which were installed with OE ICE the following was the best best sounding which we did recently to a friends car.

OE Headunit (Blue n Me)
Blaupunkt Harness (Fits perfect in OE headunit)
Scosche SLC-4 Hi to low level converter
2-way comps Illusion Audio EL6.1 (front + rear door)
Blaupunkt PnP 555 5ch channel amp
sound Stream subwoofer
Complete 6Awg wiring

It sounds sweet and Loud the friend of mine is real happy.

On Installing the component system one has to leave the crossover inside the door's bcz the connectors are socket to socket fitment dosent allow us to add additional speaker/input wires thru it.

Although its a precision and pains taking car to install ICE but challenges are ment to be broken ;)

@ ramie: paaji, tell me more about this. I am planning to buy a punto...

what is the total cost involved if i retain the stock HU for the Blue&Me?

What is the risk involved in fitting the crossovers inside the door pads? any mods, hammering or cutting required in the car?

Top Bottom