ICE'd My White Beauty...Need Suggestions for Settings!

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
Thanks to all you guys for helping me selecting a good Sound Config for y car. I've installed the following things:

HU - Pioneer 4390UB (Love the color changing option)
Front - JBL GTO S608C (Components)
Rear - JBL GT6 S266 (Co-ax)
Amp - Alpine 2 ch 70X2 @4 ohms and 110X2 @2 ohms
Wiring - Fusion

The system sounds good but not like what i was expecting out of this. The tweeters are too bright for my taste but after lowering all treble settings from amp and the crossovers they sound good. But in some songs they are still too bright. Woofers are nice, but at loud volumes the sound is not clear. The doors also rattle at loud volume.

I was willing to go for morel or kicker comps but nobody had them here in ludhiana. The accesories shop guys also don't know much about the fitting and setting amp with speakers, they said that amp is only attached with sub. And i was the first customer who asked for comps. So i just asked them to fit and leave the settings.

So, you guys have to help me in getting a good SQ with this config. I have some questions:

1. Front comps woofer's bass is good but not that tight. Do i have to damp the doors?
2. On the amp, there is a crossover but i don't know how to set it. Two dials with frequencies and a button above for HPF, Full and LPF. Its set on full.
3. If the doors need damping then do i have to damp the plastic side or on the metal doors.

The sound is good for listening but not the SQ i wanted, So please help me.

Congrats sunny.
Would you share the details of your HU, the price and the features?

Thread Starter #3
Thanks Akash.
I got the HU for 4900/- with B/W. It has 2 pre outs. iPod compatible front usb, aux,24-bit DA converter etc.. The best feature i liked is that I can change the backlight color of the whole unit. There are many shades of all colors. I set it to royal blue that match with the interiors of my i10.( My son loves yellow and green color).

I guess the price is reasonable. Also do post some night snaps of your color changing HU. I am also in search of a HU, and honestly, i am more inclined towards Pioneer.

Thread Starter #5
Sure i'll click the pics today and post tonite. I think its a great HU with almost all the features. I've just installed it yesterday so i haven't checked all the features yet. What i've seen till now is that it has Subwoofer control, 2 level loud, mid control, SLA (i don't know what is it), 2 level Sound retr. is a great feature improves sound quality a lot.

Today I'll read the manual and check all the features.

Also I read that you are thinking of 2390. Its also a good HU but i think you should get a HU with at least 2 RCA output and 2390 has only 1 Preout.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #8
Hey guys, I think the speakers are now fully broken in and the sound is AMAZING. Mid, low, high's are great and crystal clear. I'm lovin it.[:D]

But the doors are still rattling. The jrrr jrrr sound is coming from the plastic interiors of the doors. I can't understand one thing, the sound is coming from the rear doors where i've installed co-ax but the front doors with comps are fine, no noise from front. Any idea why is this happening.

I searched all over the market and can't find any damping material. The shopkeepers don't know anything about it. So, i guess, i have to damp the doors myself at home. I'm planning to damp with the yoga mats as i've read many times that people use it for damping. Do you think it will do the job like dynamat etc.?

Just one more thing, I want to know that damping helps only in reducing the noise from the doors or it will make the speakers sound more good?

Waiting for your advice.....

Congratulations on the new setup bro. Does i10 have a slot for rear speakers? I think the co-axials in the rear will be fitted to some wooden frame which must not have been tightened properly which in turn is producing the noise which you have mentioned.

And about damping i have honestly not felt the need of it till now. Usually i hear people telling damping reduces any vibrations or unwanted noises.

Thread Starter #10
Does i10 have a slot for rear speakers?
Thanks Buddy.

Yes, i10 have the slot for 6/6.5 inch speakers in all four doors. All the speakers are fitted with MDF spacer ring, and i had personally checked all the screws before closing the door panel.

In the front, even I don't feel any need for damping but the rear doors start jarring when the volume is above 23-24. Though the jrrr sound is very low (one has to listen very carefully) but now i know that the noise is there, so my attention goes to it automatically. That's why I want to damp the doors.

I am afraid to open the doors myself but I have to do this to get rid of the noise, that's why i am asking for your advice so I don't have to open the doors again and again. I want to solve the problem in one attempt.

The thing is the screws get loose after some usage. Even in my Verna the screws were perfect while fitting but now one screw has come loose and its producing the same sound which you are mentioning. BTW i am speaking about my component speakers fitted in the rear parcel tray with the help of these spacers.

Thread Starter #13
Thanks Sunny,
I got the amp for 2100, because its output is low (70X2 RMS), but its doing great for my front JBL comps as they also have 70 watts RMS. Rear speakers are powered by HU and they are also sounding great.

I'll post the model number in the night from the manual. Its something 507 or 602.

Thread Starter #15
Ya i read your thread, nice choice. I also wanted to install hertz or moral comps but couldn't find them here in ludhiana.

In the matter of ICE, i am a newbie. I didn't even know about the comps before reading in this forum. I also had a tight budget and thought of skipping amp for some time, but when installing i thought to install the amp and make the system complete for once than coming again specially for amp fitting.

Now that my ICE is complete and sounding so great, i don't have to change or add anything for 4-5 years and just enjoy the music.

Top Bottom