ICE Suggestions for Toyota Liva Diesel

Thread Starter #1
Hi Everybody . This is my first post . I bought a Toyota Liva Diesel (GDSP) this week and i need suggestions for ICEing it. First of all i own an Indica and it has
1.Pioneer 6390SD
2.Blaupunkt 220W 6X9 on the rear parcel tray.
3.Sony Xplod 600w Amp
4.Sony Xplod 1000w subwoofer in an enclosed box.

2 channels from the amp are driven to sub , and remaining two drives the 6X9 in the back . I have this setup from the last 3 years and i am pretty much satisfied even though no body talks about sony xplod series here , i think they are not that bad at all .

With this setup , the entire Soundstage is in the backwards . I mean i have jbl 4 inch door speakers in the front and i hardly ever hear anything from them . I am going to retain everything above into my Liva and i want to add comps in the front doors .
My budget is 6000 and i am currently looking into GT - 609C from JBL. I m gonna drive two channels from my amp to these and the two from subwoofer and leave the 6X9 s to be powered from HU directly. Will this be an ideal way to set up ?
the 609 s are 6 " components and i ve no idea if they fit into Liva. Whats the size of the provision in Liva's door pads ?
Are there any other good comp suggestions with in the same budget(strictly) ?
Also do i really need to damp the doors ? The install guy said not necessarily required. Will it be that bad experience without damping ?

10 cars out of hundred are damped. in this budget u can only do damping, go for comps at front powered through amp, & run the 6x9 direct from HU. in future u can go for damping.

If i run the 6X9 s from HU directly , Will the sound stage be like all front from the driver's point of hearing ?
u can adjust the gain from amplifier, more gain will give more sound but when you reach at high volume form HU you will listen distortion so all you need to play with settings according to your taste.

Top Bottom