ICE Setup in Maruti 800

Thread Starter #1
Guys as i installed the system my self, as i have own electronic shop i jst picked the things & installed. the configuration is:

1. HU Sony v5800 (x1)
2. Pioneer tweeters in front (x2)
3. Pioneer 4" speakers in front (x2)
4. Alpine 4 channel amp (x1)
5. Pioneer 6x9 speakers (2 way) in rear(x2)
6. Pioneer (1400 watts) subs in rear(x2)
7. Belkin cables for Aux & RCA
8. forgot the brand of wiring kit used

m not happy with my system but bass is too good.[frustration]
i'll post the pics soon.

Re: ICE setup in m800

Want to be happy with ur system?
Throw away the sony HU, pioneer tweeters and the 4 inchers. And specify which Amp are u using. Get components for front.

Hi Daffuboyz,

Welcome toTAI. I'm not a ICE expert but by looking at your config i can suggest some changes as you are not satisfied by the system. As you said you have your own shop so you can change some items.

1. HU JBL x555 or pioneer (x1)
2. JBL or pioneer components in front (6" are better but 4" will also do for you as you have sub installed)
3. Alpine 4 channel amp (x1)
4. Pioneer 6x9 speakers in rear
5. Pioneer sub in rear ( I think one sub is enough to give good baas if amp is nicely tuned)
6. Any good branded cables and wiring kit.

You will get very good SQ with this setup in your 800. You will notice the difference just by changing the HU and front comps.

Thread Starter #4

how about JVC HU, in past i was using JVC HU, had very gud sound quality, but changed to sony bcz of aux option, now again thinking for jvc with ipod support on rear an aux on rear. i want a flat panel don't like the front aux and USB port.

is there any specific model in jvc ? or i should go with pioneer? i also want to install a DSP luking for used one.

JVC is betterthan Sony but pioneer is better than JVC. So my advice is to go for pioneer or JBL. JBL is a good HU with 3 high volt pre outs and good SQ.

So go for Pioneer or JBL as per your choice.

Thread Starter #6

ok, i will go for pioneer. what about installing a DSP, how much it will effect on sound and price?

Thread Starter #8
don't know the cost as my father paid it, bcz its our own shop. i just picked the stuff and installed, just i know i paid RS. 1300 for the custom subwoofer box + RS 100 for carpet for box.

now i have changed the HU, front & rear speakers. in some days again going to repalce the HU

Top Bottom