ICE Set Up For New Maruti Suzuki Dzire LDi

Buddy, warranty is obviously the priority and 350Z is very correct in stressing on it, but I can assure you that dealership electricians are least knowledgeable about ICE and such things. Also, quite a few dealerships too get it done from outside guys by calling them to dealerships. Don't worry too much, just don't let any wire being cut or even spliced.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #17
Freak bhai
one thing. Suppose there is problem in a car and eventhough we get acessories properly installed from outside . But the maruti service center may cut a wire on their own to make warranty void [anger]

Should i just get central lock from the dealer and rest from outside? Does power windows install require much wires ?

Freak bhai
one thing. Suppose there is problem in a car and eventhough we get acessories properly installed from outside . But the maruti service center may cut a wire on their own to make warranty void [anger]

Should i just get central lock from the dealer and rest from outside? Does power windows install require much wires ?
Well, this represents the attitude/mentality of the dealership. They could do this even if you get the accessories from them!!

freakdude.

Hi Vaibbhav,

Don't worry ! just tell the acessory guy not to cut wires else I will not pay and he will do it without cutting wires. They now use couplers to install any electronic thing in the car. So just go ahead and get it installed.

Any aftermarket dealer you have shortlisted for installation ?

Even mine hyundai dealer suggested me the aftermarket dealer for installation of speakers. That dealer told me that his man always go to the hyundai dealer for this purpose. Only keep in mind that never allow to cut any wire.

Thread Starter #21
Hi
i went to the dealer to get the quotes
1) Intergrated system same as VDI model- 11000
2) 3 speakers K6 sony live- 3000
3) Power windows 9front)- 7000
4) Central lock (nippon)- 4500
5) Parking sensor- 2900

are prices ok? should i get it installed by dealer ?

Hi Vaibhav,

The integrated system is too expensive for 11K. I think you will get a Bluetooth enabled Pioneer head unit with USB and Aux.

I think Sony speakers are average in terms of output. Go for JBL and i think the price for Central locking, power windows ( Can still be cheaper aftermarket) and parking sensor is fine.

I would urge you to get the aftermarket system. It will be better in quality and cheaper in price.

Thread Starter #23
OK you means dealer is looting me?
so how much should i tell dealer to ask for power windows and this ICE set up?

Hi Vaibhav,

The dealers charge you about 20% higher than the actual price to extract the dealership cost. I would recommend that just get the Power windows and the parking sensors done from the dealer and get the ice setup from the accessory guy. Try K Car Kunj. He is an expert in installing Ice without cutting wires. It will cost you less.

Let me know if this helps.

Thread Starter #25
Diehard bhai dealer is giving front power windows for 7k
Outside for 9k i getting 4 power windows ?????
what to do ?

Get 4 Power windows for 9K. Just relax. Ask the accessory guy not to cut the wires. He will install it for you. It is not gonna void your warranty.

If you try to talk to the dealer again and again he will convince you to get it installed from him or else he will void the warranty. Thats a tactic. No warranty is void until you get the wires cut.

Which you do not do . Like i said before, they use couplers instead of cutting wires.

Reconfirm with the acessory guy. If he confirms that the wire will be cut, then get it from the dealer.

Alternatively call K. Car Kunj at 9810701111 and ask him about the price and if you will need to cut the wires for installation of the power windows.

You will talk to mr Sanjay Chugh on this number.

Thread Starter #27
Ok decided will get ICE from accessory shop in 15k

Guys tell me best options /package. I want that music system should have light in night [:)].

Hi Vaibhav,

All music systems have built in light and you will have no trouble operating the music system in dark.

Regarding the setup, I have already advised you in my earlier posts.
Let me know if this helps.

Is the budget of 15K including of Powerwindows and parking sensors ?

Pioneer Head unit ( 4-6K) will do good. You have to select the model you like.
6" Speakers JBL GT6-S366 ( 3 way speakers) may cost you around 2.5
Rear Speakers Ovals GTO-0949

Optional Stuff

Amp GTX - 646 around 6K
Subwoofer - JBL CS 1215 around 3500
Box for subwoofer- 800Rs
Wiring Kit - 1000 ( JBL )/ 1500 for scosche

Please let me know if this helps.

Top Bottom